Some Odd Packs from Target?

The Last Raven

Send me out, with a bang.
So I was poking around the card section at my local target and I came across a full rack of maybe 15 platinum base packs in blisters, right next to a ton of new plasma blast stuff. I go to this store fairly often and I know these platinum packs weren't there the last time I was. Still more intriguing is that there was a wall mounted cardboard dispenser thing full of loose packs from black/white base, emerging powers, and plasma storm. Have you guys ever seen stuff like this? And are new out of format cards as old as platinum still being printed? I picked up two of the platinum and a two of the loose ones, I couldn't resist opening something from the DPP era. Great pulls, got a victory piece from the single plasma storm pack.

RE: Some odd packs at target

Victory piece does NOT come from plasma blast (maybe plasma storm?- my mind is full atm!). Those are just loose blisters that some walmarts/targets will get from distributer companies like LLC or excell marketing. Usually they are legit and sealed, I have pulled quite many ultra rares from them. Sometimes they will put a whole box of the most recent set or 2 in the display box, sometimes it will be old packs from long ago. They are also usually cheaper this way, unless it is just the loose box of more recent sets. Recently, at a nearby target they had an hobby booster box of dark explorers with loose packs, same price as blister packs. Being that excell and LLC buy from the secondary market at times, you may find a Spanish pack, Topps packs, artbox packs, or it is even possible to find bootleg packs (the wrappers look good or they use legit wrappers). I have found loose Japanese Yugi-oh, dragonball, naruto packs in such display boxes also. And around around 2007, even found a few Japanese pokemon TCG packs at target in such display boxes. Those random .99 or 1.99 boxes may hold pokemon or other TCG rarities occasionally.

Binx345 said:
Victory piece does come from plasma blast (maybe plasma storm?- my mind is full atm!). Those are just loose blisters that some walmarts/targets will get from distributer companies like LLC or excell marketing. Usually they are legit and sealed, I have pulled quite many ultra rares from them. Sometimes they will put a whole box of the most recent set or 2 in the display box, sometimes it will be old packs from long ago. They are also usually cheaper this way, unless it is just the loose box of mor erecent sets. Recently, at a nearby target they had an hobby booster box of dark exploerers with loose packs, same price as blister packs. Being that excell and LLC buy from the secondary market at times, you may find a Spanish pack, Topps packs, artbox packs, or it is even possible to find bootleg packs (the wrappers look good or they use legit wrappers). I have found loose Japanese Yugi-oh, dragonball, naruto packs in such display boxes also. And around around 2007, even found a few Japanese pokemon TCG packs at target in such display boxes. Those random .99 or 1.99 boxes may hold pokemon or other TCG rarities occasionally.

Storm.

Ive seen older card packs randomly appear at my Walmart all the time. I figure they got lost in the back for awhile or something.

I see them all the time at Walmart, Target, and Toys R Us. Nothing before DPP though. I'm guessing wherever the cards are printed/stored, they keep finding old packs and ship them to the big box stores. I've also seen individual cards being sold in blisters with like 15 per pack, promising at least one holo card in each package.

Those are most likely legit.

My local Target (before I moved last month) still sold packs from EX Dragon Frontiers and EX Power Keepers.

I have seen loose next destinies, plasma storm, and dragons exalted packs at my target. I actually got a few of the plasma storm packs and pulled a shiny random receiver.

I notice at Target they had Cosmos holo Sphinx and Sandile cards in 3 pack bundles are those new or just taken from Theme decks?

ahh well i hope thier still around when i have $ then

Back