News Solgaleo GX and Lunala GX: Pokemon GX Mechanic Revealed at Worlds!

Beyond hideous =/

The border lines are horrible, the GX bar looks very unprofessional, I really hate the W/R/R section, the rule box really doesn't look right... sigh.

Well, Lunala GX sounds very fun. Can't be sure how good Solgaleo GX is... Like the concept though! Tempting me to get back into the TCG with something new. Template may take a bit to get used to, though...

OMG... Those pokemon look OP. Lunala GX's GX attack looks broken

What the...

Is this serious? I mean, the new mechanic is just Pokemon EX with a diferent name? :/

Lunala GX seems to provide more encouragement for using evolutions (which I'm a fan of)
Solageo GX seems like it would be best when paired with Xerneas BREAK/ Darkrai EX. I'm not sure what to think of it yet.
I don't like how much these Pokemon seem to advance the power creep. They appear to be powerful outside the GX attack and probably have 200+ HP. I think they should either be only allowed as an one-of (like Ace-Specs) or give three prizes for a KO.

The cards aren't final, so I'm not going to judge. I'm just glad it looks like they're finally moving past the BW templates.

To be honest when they first revealed them I thought they were showing off good fan-made fake cards

Solgaleo GX is more powerful than you may think. Its ability basically means free retreat for the entire game. That's hella useful on a basic Pokémon. It's even better than Stand-In because you choose which Pokémon will go to the active spot.

Lunar Fall sounds nice, but it's kinda situational, you can only use it one time!

NOOOOOOOOOO! Let's not go this way! Then in the next generation we'll get Pokemon cards on motorcycles! DX

Don't really like the new card templates...

Also, GX attacks are the TCG version of Z-Moves... So why not simply call them Z-Moves???

I guess with a whole new Generation coming up; they felt the need to change the EX formula and create a whole new series of "EX"?

It could be worse; the card art is very pretty. Hopefully, this "GX" formula can be fine-tuned if they do decide to continue to go this route instead of just having Solgaleo and Lunaala as a "showcase" and do nothing with it.

First they nab the concept of Mega Evolution, then they take the title of the worst Yugioh season for their own card game.

This is so perfect. I'm dying.

What the...

Is this serious? I mean, the new mechanic is just Pokemon EX with a diferent name? :/

Here's the thing about EX cards at this point: any future card that supports EX Pokemon supports the older ones as well as the modern ones. Because they want to focus on Expanded play as well, this kind of inverse power creep (for lack of a better term) limits how they can design newer cards.

By introducing a new mechanic that fills a similar role, they can design newer cards for that mechanic however they please while at the same time not making older cards incredibly broken.

I'm just glad that they're still effectively EXs. Depending on their final HP, energy costs (especially for their GX attacks) and the remaining important info, they could probably be very balanced.

Im calling it the pack artwork for 2 of the sun and moon base packs are gonna feature Solgaleo and lunala

Back