Snorlax ideas/help!

A Cool Dude

Rogue is cool
So, we all love snorlax right? :) Everyone loves snorlax! - So this is the card from plasma storm:

Snorlax - Colorless - 130 HP
Basic Pokemon (Team Plasma)

Ability: Block
If Snorlax is your Active Pokemon, your opponent’s Pokemon can’t retreat.

[C][C][C][C][C] Team Impact: 30x damage. This attack does 30 damage times the number of Team Plasma Pokemon you have in play.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 4:

---- 5 energys is ALOT but if you have a full bench that's 180 damage, that OHKO pre much anything!!!!, and the ability is not so bad either. So I was thinking this with Zapdos EX and Lugia EX. I know 4 colress machine and 4 dce is a must, and then I was gana use the rest of the energys, electric energys. The starter is something I am stumped on . Idk between Emola and rotom. - Emolga can get 2 basics on the bench quickly but its not a plasma.Rotom for discarding 1 electric I can draw 3, and its second attack is not bad if my opponent has a large hand. So lets share some ideas, and try to figure out some good strategies for our big friend snorlax! <3 ( you know you love snorlax! :p )

Well, technically, it'd be 180 damage, since Snorlax itself counts as a Plasma i play. Most of the snorlax variants in BW-PS use Magnezone+Colress MCHN as your engine, but for BW-PF, Thundurus/Deoxys can make great use of Snorlax, and it's a fairly common tech in there.

Maybe Durant PLS as a starter? It's Plasma AND can search out whatever Pokemon you need. I'd also second the idea of using Magnezone for the double Supporter making it easier to get those Colress Machines and DCE out.

You could always try using EtherDex too. It's silly and unreliable, but anything to help out our large friend.

Snorlax was played in State championships in a Build with 4 Snorlax, 3 Giratina and 3 Lugia, lemme see if I can find the list

If this is for PF, use Deoxys. Bring 40 damage each would be hard. You need some kind of energy acceleration but there is no Plasma energy acceleration. With HTL + Virbank and Deoxys, you won't need the full bench. Maybe Blastoise (you can have even Plasma Badge if you want to).

One of my friends plays snorlax troll where its four snorlax and the rest are just trainers. No energy just knocks things out via HTL

There's Colress Machine. Yeah, you won't get a T1 Snorlax too often (and if you did, it probably wouldn't do much), but maybe T2 with some Deoxys in play, you can hope to hit for 110. (That's one Snorlax and two Deoxys on the Bench, so 30 * 3 + 10 * 2 = 110.)

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
One of my friends plays snorlax troll where its four snorlax and the rest are just trainers. No energy just knocks things out via HTL

That's hilarious!

Defz3r0 said:
Maybe Durant PLS as a starter?

I thought about that, but i just dont like that its only 1 pokemon, and it goes into your hand, and not the bench, and it can be N'ed out and ya.....I will try it out, but i duno....

I saw a Snorlax/Articuno list, that was really good. I'd suggest though that you use it as maybe a 2 of, and you'll need lots of healing items lol.

Flygon2071 said:
If this is for PF, use Deoxys. Bring 40 damage each would be hard. You need some kind of energy acceleration but there is no Plasma energy acceleration. With HTL + Virbank and Deoxys, you won't need the full bench. Maybe Blastoise (you can have even Plasma Badge if you want to).

The best way to stack the PS snorlax is to use Cilan get the 3 energys then use Blastoise's ability And use 2 Colress Machincan.
If you have DCE that would help.

Pretty much use Keldeo-EX,Blastoise and Articuno-EX.
Scramble Switch will work well with Snorlax
Also Snorlax takes to much energys so have Super scoop up in your items

As much as i like the PS Snorlax,he's to much of a hassle.

In blastoise. The issue with Snorlax is that whatever you run it with must be a plasma in order for it to work, so you can't use it in Eels or Blastoise or things. But as had been previously mentioned, it's extremely good in DTL/Plasmabox/whatever you wanna call it.

So after ALOT of testing against many different decks, i think i will be putting snorlax on hold untill the new set, it will have much more versatility and many more things to pair snorlax with. Right now it is just WAY to slow, and 90% of the time if 1 snorlax gets knocked out, i pretty much just loose. Thank you to everyone for the ideas and help! :)

Back