Snorlax GX, Sun and Moon's First Promo!

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
So does Team Flare Grunt, Crushing Hammer, going on and on...

Most Decks will not run Three-Four Enhanced Hammers that's begging for it to be a dead card against non-special energy decks. If your worried about that Start with Regirock OMEGA slap all the energy on it then Ninja Boy to Snorlax and start flattening things. If your primary attack is going to have two colorless energies in it's attack especially with four or more you are playing DCE the majority of the time. Rare exceptions with something like Brilliant Arrow since you want as many Fairy on the Field instead of a DCE

I didn't want to list those simply because I dont think they will see much usage. E hammer is easier to use at 2 in a deck. Also Jirachi can hurt it. You'll need to use those DCE to attack fast with it. Regirock with Ninja Boy is a fun combo for it though.

I dont believe any of the GX cards revealed so far are textured at all.

All the ultra rare cards they show aren't textured.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/xy-series/xy8/158/

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
Not textured, they just look like promos. Almost like the break cards or ace specs. They're "ultra rares" but really worth the hype.

But then again the textured full arts have been declining since at least Primal Clash. It's not surprising Pokemon is shooting themselves in the foot. Either way as a collector full art ex's > full art gx's.

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Does anyone notice that the set symbol and card number are on the LEFT corner of the card, instead of on the right??

Max Breaker Black Special

Emerald BREAKER Theta MAX
considering the trend, this Snorlax GX would be actually a weak pokemon GX since it's a promo. we're going to see much stronger GX's when they're finally revealed (Sunsteel Strike does 20 more damage than Pulverizing Pancake, and it's not even a GX attack)

PineDog

Random TCG Trainer
Unless their's a better GX Pokemon in the near future, (which probably will happen to be honest,) this and Lunaala GX/Hypno will be pretty good. Lunaala can transfer energies from a damaged one to a fresh one, and a tech Solgaleo GX can retreat you for free, plus being able to use Good Night Babies with very few side effects would make for some great disruption, and a fun deck.

Otaku

The wise fool?
considering the trend, this Snorlax GX would be actually a weak pokemon GX since it's a promo. we're going to see much stronger GX's when they're finally revealed (Sunsteel Strike does 20 more damage than Pulverizing Pancake, and it's not even a GX attack)

Perhaps the-powers-that-be finally learned their lesson that you take all promos seriously because sooner or later you make one you think is "safe" and instead... yeah, you get Tropical Beach. XD The recent Jirachi promo isn't that old, and that seemed to be intentionally good as well. You are right though; the-powers-that-be like to mostly give us filler in promos.

bktan

Aspiring Trainer
5ban graphics again?

They create such awful artwork.

For a graphics company or artist or whatever they are supposed to be, they sure know how to make things ugly.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Honestly, between Pokémon-GX, Evolutions, and TPCi's butchering of any chance for a canadian to realistically get an invite unless they can travel cross-country to multiple states and do well at their regionals, my love for competitive TCG is kinda dying.

Rushe

Aspiring Trainer
This new type of card seems very gimmicky but I think it might work. This perticular card seems better in expanded though.

Gelato

Aspiring Trainer
The fact that this gets Max Elixir support is actually somewhat concerning. I could see this seeing competitive play with Hypno.

Empoleafeon

Aspiring Trainer
I hope these don't just end up power creeping from now on, and the 190 is about the highest it gets - I want them to just be like EX with the extra move, not way more powerful than ex. This one is fine but they might get progressively more powerful...

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
In reply to Special Riolu

Probably because these are replacing textured full arts. Which was the main thing to get me back into collecting the cards. Because they are the peak of Pokemon cards.

These kind of remind me of the full arts from Generations, they are cool as glorified holos, but not really ultra rare worthy. Like if I pull a full art ex it feels like I just pulled money out of the pack. These don't really have the same effect and I'd say it would actually not be worth the money to try and pull one.

At the end of the day there's so many Pokemon who never got textured full arts, I was hoping they'd at least keep them textured.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Does anyone actually know if GX cards are replacing textured full arts? We know two things about the card. Its a promo and there haven't been textured full arts that I can remember and this card is just a image of the card right off Photoshop or whatever else they use to print the cards. This isn't a photo or a scan of the card. If they plan on making textured promos, that would be nice.

Otaku

The wise fool?
I hope these don't just end up power creeping from now on, and the 190 is about the highest it gets - I want them to just be like EX with the extra move, not way more powerful than ex. This one is fine but they might get progressively more powerful...

If HP scores across the board increased it would actually combat power creep: a lot of current OHKO attacks would stop being OHKO attacks. ;)