Snorlax GX, Sun and Moon's First Promo!

Infinity∞

Aspiring Trainer
I just wonder how to charge up this always-hungry pokemon, as most of the energy engine becomes expend mode.

cragontheone

Aspiring Trainer
and yet again here in the netherlands we dont get anything like this and we always get only the steelcases:( i serieusly wish that we would get stuff like this...

stormesp1

Aspiring Trainer
I suppose this confirms that GX are simply a powercreep to EX. What an excitement... Because actually caring about card design was to much for them.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
@Otaku Dreams coming true bro! Nice to know GX Pokemon are Basic so the Lion and Bat will break my deck when they release.

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
It's hard to tell if it has ridges or not. But if not then RIP Pokemon cards.

Maybe it's just because it's a promo?

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
I suppose this confirms that GX are simply a powercreep to EX. What an excitement... Because actually caring about card design was to much for them.
I don't think this GX represents the ramp too much. It's actually good to have a FIVE Energy attack have some real meat to it's damage on top of that for the second attack you HAVE to be asleep for it to deal damage. You have to either fail both your asleep checks or have a combo set up with as WastedSkyPirate has pointed out Hypno. No one's going to actively put Snorlax to sleep but I so badly want to see someone put a Pokemon to sleep then have Snorlax get Ninja Boy in and flatten something.

Also I hope this isn't only released with the video games.

Otaku

The wise fool?
@Otaku Dreams coming true bro! Nice to know GX Pokemon are Basic so the Lion and Bat will break my deck when they release.

Wait, break as in ruin or break as in make it broken? At least I knew you didn't mean Pokémon BREAK. XD

I'll have to think about Snorlax GX. I mean, I don't really care for the GX mechanic, plus we'll see if it ends up being too good or not good enough. The 190 HP seems low.

Yes really: Snorlax doesn't have the highest HP in the video games, but I thought it had one of the better HP/DEF/S.DEF combinations, being one of the highest for HP (even after all this time still in the Top 10 for it), a good Defense and a solid Special Defense. No time to double check that stuff now though. XD

crystal_pidgeot

Wait, break as in ruin or break as in make it broken? At least I knew you didn't mean Pokémon BREAK. XD

I'll have to think about Snorlax GX. I mean, I don't really care for the GX mechanic, plus we'll see if it ends up being too good or not good enough. The 190 HP seems low.

Yes really: Snorlax doesn't have the highest HP in the video games, but I thought it had one of the better HP/DEF/S.DEF combinations, being one of the highest for HP (even after all this time still in the Top 10 for it), a good Defense and a solid Special Defense. No time to double check that stuff now though. XD

I mean break as in make my deck too good. I get to move psychic energy around, which is what colorless Pokemon like and I can remove redundant cards like float stone due to a free switch effect. This frees up like 10 card spaces for my deck.

I would also think 190HP Snorlax is a bit lacking since we have a 190 HP EX with 3 attacks back by some really good support. I was thinking snorlax GX should have around 220 HP but at least you get 230 HP with FFB.

daisukereds

Water Starter Lover
Where did you guys get the translation? I translated the attacks as "Fall Down", "Roaring Snore", "Get Serious" (in that order).

Apterous

Aspiring Trainer
Snorlax could be a good surprise clean-up. Play from hand, use Lunala GX's ability to move 5 energy to Snorlax, Hope the active pokemon hasa float stone, 230 strength GX attack, something big dies. And Snorlax is a sleep and likely nothing else on your board has energy on it anymore.

...great card.

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
I think it's a coincidence that we have Snorlax GX revealed not long after the Snorlax Z move reveal.

Though seeing as these will probs be the new EXs, I hope they release the rest of the Megas as EXs in some form. If EXs still exist in the SM era, then there'd be no worry.

WastedSkyPirate

From a design perspective, does this reveal indicate that all Pokemon GX will be Full Art cards?

I wonder if there will be Ultra/Secret Rare equivalents and, if so, what style they will be... maybe Even FULLER Art?

crystal_pidgeot

I wonder how to get this powered up quickly. Can't really think of anything. My favorite Z move by far is the one that wipes a Pokemon.

Digital Dragon

Thinks Chandelure is the cutest Pokémon
I love the artwork on this card. I guess it isn't that good due to is high energy costs, but I'll be happy to add it to my collection anyways.

crystal_pidgeot

I think it's a coincidence that we have Snorlax GX revealed not long after the Snorlax Z move reveal.

Though seeing as these will probs be the new EXs, I hope they release the rest of the Megas as EXs in some form. If EXs still exist in the SM era, then there'd be no worry.

They may make the rest of the Mega Pokemon EX because mega evolved Pokemon cant use Z Moves so I don't think EX Pokemon are going anywhere. If this is true then I wonder how they will decide what non legendary Pokemon gets a GX card.

WastedSkyPirate

They may make the rest of the Mega Pokemon EX because mega evolved Pokemon cant use Z Moves so I don't think EX Pokemon are going anywhere. If this is true then I wonder how they will decide what non legendary Pokemon gets a GX card.

I wonder if we'll even get Mega Pokemon in the Sun and Moon block...?