• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Sneaky Placement (Chandelure)

MetaArmor

Defender of Lemons
Major Edit to decklist and thread, mostly focusing on just my Chandelure deck this time.

4-2-4 Chandelure
2-2 Dodrio
1 Cleffa
1 Jirachi
1-1 Darkrai Cressela Legend

4 Oak
4 Collector
3 Twins
3 Cheren

4 Communication
3 Candy
2 Catcher
3 Junk Arm
4 Switch

12 Psychic

The strategy is to have at least two chandelure up and switching inbetween them to spread a great amount of damage with their abilities and attack. Dodrio to get free retreat between Chandelures, Jirachi and DCL to De-evolve to get the most out of sneaky placement, and Cleffa to be Cleffa.

The Problem, Energy and Damage output. It is difficult to get out so many energies, and not being able to OHKO most high HP basics really hurts this deck. Believe it or not, having dodrio catchered is not a problem since chandelure can hold its ground when not able to retreat. What should I do to improve this?

RE: Two Decks. Chandelure / Hydriegon

For the Chandelure, I would try to add in:
+2/3 Jirachi UL
+2/3 Sigilyph Telekinesis for sniping
+2-2 Mismagius UL to move energy

This way you can accelerate energy faster, and maybe even get cheap KO's. Maybe drop the Druddigon and Dodrio?

As for Hydreigon, run a speed deck with it. Like Electrode/Hydreigon so you can Twins or something.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Shouldn't setting up ONE chandelure win you the game against Gothitelle? and really really mess up trainerlock? (donphan, Beartic because of the special conditions?)

I say NO Dodrio at all, and just MAX out switch and junk arm. Because even if they are dead in trainer lock, it will give the space to MAX out the Chandelure line. 4-3-4, and you can even use Lampent to pull out Vileplumes (they are also weak to Psychic :D)

Switching between Chandelures is the key to this deck, allowing 3 more damage counters for each chandelure I have per turn. His attack alone just is not enough. He can hold his gound alone, but i prefer to take advantage of his ability. This deck does even better against trainer and attack lock when I can retreat the active chandelure to a fresh one.

I do not know why i didnt think of jirachi but I will deffinitly put one or two in!
And for hydiegon, I am not a fan of electrode but it is worth to try him out.

I like the Chandelure deck :) but I'm not sure if you know that you can only retreat once during your turn. That's why switch and Junk Arm are very important in a deck like this.
Also I think you should change the style of this deck and make Mandibuzz BW your main attacker. With its Blindside attack you'll be able to do 50 dmg on any of their Pokemon, and with its punishment attack you'll be able to take out Gothitelle under a trainerlock.

+1+1+1 Chandelure ~To max out the possible dmg
+1 Cleffa ~To help you setup faster
+1 Candy
+1 Junk Arm
+2 Switch
+2+2 Mandibuzz
+4 {D} sp.
+1 {D}

-1 Druddigon ~You won't need this much with Mandibuzz as attacker.
-2 Twins
-3 Catcher ~Not important since you can dmg any of their Pokemon
-1 Rocky Helmet
-10 {P}

Chandelure's ability only works when it's active, so that would be a huge waste of resources to retreat and switch every turn.

Exactly. Chandelure needs to be active so he might as well attack instead of being a sitting duck after my one retreat. I played a game against reshiram deck with a jirachi teched in. I lost but on my last turn I was able to steal 3 KOs by de evolving the typhlosions I cursed shadowed, bringing me from 4 prizes to 1. I didnt run seekers because I do not want the opponent to remove damaged benched pokemon. Maybe I will tech in a DCL, because when chadelure attacks the opponent almost always retreats, and 80-110 damage just sitting on the bench now and then has me leaning to try DCL.

Honestly I have not tested my Hydriegon deck since I have been having so much fun testing my chadelure deck.

EDIT: from play test, aparently this deck is an autoloss to durant mill. evolite+resistance+special metal = 0damage from chandelure's attacks. They always retreat from the status conditions. Using one Chandelure isnt enough to threat durant and using multiple chandelure to KO all of them at the same time is just too slow and just mills yourself as well by using resources.

Updated my decklist and the whole thread all together. keeping my focus on just Chandelure right now. While playtesting, I played against an interesting deck that used Chandelure and no energy what so ever. Thinking of possibly going that route, but because that deck relies heavily on trainers any trainer lock deck would be an autoloss.

i think you need a "real" attacker like e.g. kingdra because Chandelure is too slow with the 3 energy costs for the only attack

I don't see the point for DCL in this deck as you choose where you place the damage and can spread out the damage.

^ Agreed with this
DCL dosen't work in the desk as well as Jirachi, he should be your focus for sperading + Devolve

I would probably add in some Max Potions to try and keep Chand alive as long as possible

My suggestions are:
-6 {P}
-1-1 DCL
-2 PONT
-1 Cheren
+1 Jirachi
+1 Lampent
+1 Rare candy
+1 Junk arm
+2 Tropical Beach
This leaves you some room for techs. You should not be focusing that much on {P} energy. You should focus on Chandelure's ability. Jirachi works wonders in this deck, so 2 is better consistensy. DCL is pointless because you can choose where to put the damage. 4-3-4 Chandelure and 4 Rare candy may seem like overkill, but it's helpful to get as many chandelure as fast as you can out. The junk arm is so you can abuse switch more. Tropical beach is very important in this deck, as you should only attack in emergency situations. 4 PONT is just overkill, add some N or juniper instead. The reason there is still 4 {P} in the deck is so you have some options with jirachi and some energy to fall back on. Other options you could consider are max potion, sage's training, pichu, and trainer lock. Max potion increases the longevity of your chandelures. Pichu allow for some searching, as well as activating twins. Sage's training really searches through your deck more. Trainer lock changes the decks focus more, so I'll go into more detail about that if you decide to run it. Hope I helped! :)

in my chandelure deck list
4-3-4 chandelure (4 promo litwick)
2-1-2 porygon z
3-3 noctowl
22 pokemon

3 pont
3 pokemon collector
2 petm
4 pokemon communication
4 recycle
4 great ball
3 switch
3 rare candy

2 rescue
10 {P}

a little flippy but can hit for at least 90 damage per turn using dimension transfer to stack your deck and night sight for for drawing the stacked card usually a switch this deck is faster than most chandelure decks and previously won a against at my league 2-1 zpst

the point of the deck is to stack switches on your or rare candys on to your deck from the discard pile noctowl is in for setting up and drawing the stacked card through demension transfer or recycle trust me it works

masqueraingoddess said:
in my chandelure deck list
4-3-4 chandelure (4 promo litwick)
2-1-2 porygon z
3-3 noctowl
22 pokemon

3 pont
3 pokemon collector
2 petm
4 pokemon communication
4 recycle
4 great ball
3 switch
3 rare candy

2 rescue

a little flippy but can hit for at least 90 damage per turn using dimension transfer to stack your deck and night sight for for drawing the stacked card usually a switch this deck is faster than most chandelure decks and previously won a against at my league 2-1 zpst

What comes after rescue?

my bad {P} energy

Minty88 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Shouldn't setting up ONE chandelure win you the game against Gothitelle? and really really mess up trainerlock? (donphan, Beartic because of the special conditions?)

I say NO Dodrio at all, and just MAX out switch and junk arm. Because even if they are dead in trainer lock, it will give the space to MAX out the Chandelure line. 4-3-4, and you can even use Lampent to pull out Vileplumes (they are also weak to Psychic :D)

in fact lampent had saved me countless times for stalling

Back