SM9 'Tag Volt,' Japan's December Set!

TrainerKyle

Aspiring Trainer
Oh man, I hope this happens. Gengar and Mimikyu are literally my two favourite Pokemon. This will definitely be my favourite card and a must have for me.

TheRealBro..

That Gardivior is probably my favorite EX-full art they made in that block, they really nailed the balance there IMO.

Agreed! With the Yveltal blending in nicely with the background definitely a winner. Especially loved how they made Gardevoir, a normally very 'pretty/elegant' Pokemon look genuinely evil.

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
YESSS!!! I've been waiting 2 YEARS for this.
I hope it uses some damage counter manipulation or perhaps lost zone mechanics, just like previous Gengars. No fainting spell though; I'm not giving up 3 prizes to get a 1 prize baby Buzzwole. (Creep show anyone?)

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Heck yes. Looks like Pikachu and Zekrom GX won't be so bad after all, considering they are the titular card for this series. Now I wonder if Gyarados, Mankey, and Alolan Exeggutor are Tag-Teams as well or if they're just normal GXs.

Antonio123456

Aspiring Trainer
Heck yes. Looks like Pikachu and Zekrom GX won't be so bad after all, considering they are the titular card for this series. Now I wonder if Gyarados, Mankey, and Alolan Exeggutor are Tag-Teams as well or if they're just normal GXs.
We have already seen the full card and text for P+Z tag team so it being on the box is not going to make it better. The art on the side is from the card art, so it would be obvious if they were tagteams.

TheRealBro..

Well, I don't like that premium trainers box at all. Very cold and uninspired design which is kind of weird for a Japanese box. Let's hope our Elite Trainer box does a better job.

By the way, does anyone know why they are making 180+ cards sets back to back now all of a sudden? Is that gonna be the new thing?

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
So this set will focus on the KANTO region instead of UNOVA?
7845ced0216490bf6af7a72e7e63499e.jpg

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
We have already seen the full card and text for P+Z tag team so it being on the box is not going to make it better. The art on the side is from the card art, so it would be obvious if they were tagteams.
Generally speaking, it WILL be better because the titular card of an expansion usually draws attention to the power level of the pokemon in said expansion.

FossilJockeyMG

Pokémon Paleontologist
Generally speaking, it WILL be better because the titular card of an expansion usually draws attention to the power level of the pokemon in said expansion.

Not necessarily. Charizard is commonly on packs and boxes and they often seem amazing at first glance, but then turn out to be generally underwhelming.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
dragon majesty, flashfire, burning shadows, ex fire red and leaf green, base set, evolutions
In all of those sets, Charizard is a high HP, high attack power card. If Pikachu and Zekrom are a main Pokemon, chances are good that they are at least a decent card when compared to others in the set.

XCITE

Aspiring Trainer
In all of those sets, Charizard is a high HP, high attack power card. If Pikachu and Zekrom are a main Pokemon, chances are good that they are at least a decent card when compared to others in the set.
if zekrochu gx is a good/decent card compared to the rest of the set, we can all kiss team up goodbye regarding its competitive viability.

Last edited: