SM7a 'Fairy Rise' Announced!

If this set is releasing in Japan on Aug 3rd, surely we should be seeing some reveals by now?

If this set is releasing in Japan on Aug 3rd, surely we should be seeing some reveals by now?
Thunderclap Spark, SM7a, is coming out early July, so it makes sense to get reveals for that set first, and they are currently in progress, with cards like Zeraora GX, Magcargo GX, and Counter Gain.

Thunderclap Spark, SM7a, is coming out early July, so it makes sense to get reveals for that set first, and they are currently in progress, with cards like Zeraora GX, Magcargo GX, and Counter Gain.

Ah for SM8, so you definitely think Fairy Rise will be part of the November set? That's exciting.

Yes!! ‘‘Tis the season for Fairy Pokemon!!!

I really do hope that Mimikyu-GX does more than just 10 more damage for damage counter. I would really get some play with it without Tapu Lele. Also, this Alolan Ninetales-GX looks amazing. That Gardevoir looks hard hitting! A good support for Gardevoir-GX decks.

I cannot wait to see what else comes out in this set. I don’t think there will be more Fairy-type GX Pokemon though. I hope for some amazing support!!

Alolan-Ninetales GX: Need help eradicating those pesky Ultra Beasts? Look no further for the Sumblimation GX attack!

Mimikyu GX: Underwhelming.

Gardevoir: aaaaand its back.

well, guess there's no need for Sylveon/Gardy, when you can have Gardy tribal???

jesus that ninetales in a gvoir deck sounds pretty damn good. could evolve and literally search for an ultra ball and a rare candy. or choce band, or anything really.

could also even play a "for fun" ninetales deck which is both fairy and water, and then die to metal.

That new Gardevoir looks like a good tech for Gardevoir-GX. It'll be very good after the rotation, since we'll lose N. Gardy will also lose Gallade, so it'll have the room for this tech - it even has a similar attack to Gallade!

A-Ninetales-GX also has potential in a support role. Searching for two Items is really good, and instantly killing an Ultra Beast is good when Buzzwole's everywhere and Beast Box is a thing. The regular attack isn't that great, but sniping for 30 has its uses.

Sadly, Mimikyu isn't that good. It only has its once-per-game attack that mildly disrupts your opponent's setup, though your turn promptly ends afterwards.

I am just glad that Alolan Ninetales GX isn't just a fairy reprint of the Water one. Unless the new Alolan Vulpix has Beacon or something useful, it will merely see play in a sealed format. That new Gardy is awesome but I would still play Sylveon GX over it for searching due to ease of access.

I get the sense that they want the Pokemon to handle more draw support - first Zoroark and Oranguru, but now Magcargo, Gardevoir, zebstrika, baby Metagross/Steven's Decision, etc.

I learned the other day that Alolan-Ninetales is a Fairy- type. I had no idea until I saw it in Pokemon Duel.

Back