SM5+ 'Ultra Force' Releasing in January!

Putting ego aside and the need to just agree, what do any of these new metal Pokemon not Newgaleo actually do to Gardevoir? Gardevoir is a lot like Volcanion. it doesn't care about its matchups much. At the end of the day, no one knows how this will affect Gardy's matchups. Plus, Volcanion is always a thing, which indirectly buffs Gardevoir because fire is a bad weakness to have.

Except that Newgaleo doesn't HAVE a fire weakness... not unless you play Volc with Garbotoxin.

I like that Torterra a lot. If it's not being OHKOd, it could go on and on and on.

• Fighting Torterra - So good, makes it a tanky Pokémon on the first atk. Choice Band and Strong Energy makes it uneasy to KO. 3-4 Geodudes

Pidgeot, here is the “lack of support” for metal right now.
Mt. Coronet -energy retrieval. With field blower, you can do it more than once!
Magnezone-pairs with coronet. Stacks energy quickly.
Cyrus-allows for metal-specific disruption strategies.
Heatran-a nice, quick attacker for emergencies, or for general energy acceleration.
Dusk Mane Necrozma GX-a great basic attacker that allows for full use of the supporting cards mentioned.
Solgaleo GX 1+2-heavy attackers with good abilities(a switch each turn and no weakness).
Solgaleo Prism Star-like Heatran, can be an emergency attacker. But can put out extreme energy acceleration.

There might be more, too. This is just from new sets, too.

I've been waiting for this Torterra, ever since the alt type Empoleon was announced. This is going to be really fun in expanded. If they give some more fighting support in the upcoming sets, I could easily see this being a deck that does well.

The card isn't broken. Reminds me a lot of the turn mechanic based Pain cards in the Naruto TCG. I hope they don't break these prize based cards.

Did you hear that? That's the sound of Guzzlord-GX becoming a real deck.

Though obviously the best use for this is to attach them to a Nihilego-GX and put your opponent back to 6 prizes.

• Beast Ring - Hmmm! Seems good for Buzzwole for fast set up to a GX while attaching an Energy to a non-GX. To Naganadel, mostly the first atk is the main priority. Guzzlord, never won big tournaments. So this is incredibly good on both Buzzwole and Naganadel. I love it. 3-4 Geodudes considering the fact that it can be played in the mid game after receiving a GX or GX+non-GX or 3 non-GX KO.
EDIT: Okay, its a 5-Geodude card. It's a buffed Max Elixir for a UB and can be use 4 of them in one turn. Hek yeh!

Last edited:
hmm Milotic FLF or Electrode EVO combined with this for turn 2 energy accel. go from 1-2 energy to 16 max, 2 for reg attach + 3 for each milotic (3x2) + 2 for each beast ring (2x4), for expanded and 14 for standard.

realistically you're more likely to get 2 for reg attach, 4 for electrode and 4 from the beast rings so 10 which is still all you'd need for rest of game typically.

Back