SM5+ 'Ultra Force' Releasing in January!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Sethy79 Aspiring Trainer
    Sethy79

The ultra space stadium seems nice for adding utility to ultra beasts other than buzzwole. That GX attack too. I can only imagine what it would feel like to play turbo dark or xerneas and then get hit with that.

2. AlphaVoxel a.k.a. Professor Rosewood
    AlphaVoxel

Honestly, I am finding these alternate-type reprints very interesting. As for Palkia, I can fairly easily see it in Archie's Blastoise decks, if people still play those. As for the Ultra Space, it could be a very interesting cad, depending on how people go about using it. As was said above, it lets you search out cards like Kartana and Nihilego without benching them, which allows you to use their abilities.

I will say, the TCG is going to get very interesting within the next couple of months...

LBelleBird likes this.
  3. Mr. Rhyperior The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
    Mr. Rhyperior

• Ultra Space - 5 Geodudes in Ultra Beast focused decks. No further explanations.
    • Water Palkia GX - Way better than the Dragon one, period. 4 Geodudes

4. TheMaskedMeowth Gardevoir-GX is CUTE
    TheMaskedMeowth

Holy smokes. I almost think they won't do a Metal Dialga-GX cause that would almost be broken. The one thing that was holding the Dragon Dialga-GX was the fact that it was a Dragon type and nothing in Standard is weak to Dragon, so it's not actually getting any kills with Timeless GX. Now it actually would, and oh my gosh that's crazy.

5. Lycancario12 Aspiring Trainer
    Lycancario12

Palkia GX must of in any competitive water deck with the exception of Greninja or Greninja Break decks. This card could be potentially broken for the recently revealed Wake card out of this set. Discard cards with Wake, get the water energy back with Aqua Patch after you search it with Wake

6. Lycancario12 Aspiring Trainer
    Lycancario12

Wording on the Ultra Space card might be changed upon later release. It's a bit confusing for it does not specifically state, what type of Ultra Beast card. It just strait out says search your deck for an Ultra Beast and put it into your hand

7. CrownAxe Aspiring Trainer
    CrownAxe

Why would it specify a type of ultra beast?

8. John InCENAroar Hunting Shiny Terrakion, Apostle of Pickle Brick
    John InCENAroar

Why do people keep saying that Garde and Golisopod are getting reprints? That just doesn't make sense. A large amount of these reprints are for cards that are in the base sets... I expect Dialga, maybe Naganadel, maybe Stakataka and Blacephalon when they get revealed (and they will), but not other ones like Garde, Golisopod, or Even something like Buzzwole and Tapu Lele.

9. PandaPokemon Aspiring Trainer
    PandaPokemon

Yeah. Ultra space is really interesting. Definitely a good stadium. Would work with Buzzwole GX.

10. As much as I'm beginning to find the alternative types a little irritating due to TPCi kinda vomiting more and more of them, they're bringing a nice spin to the game. I enjoy this. Palkia-GX is now playable thanks to the type switch.

The Stadium will definitely see play in UB-based decks. It's a free search with no drawback, what isn't to love?

LBelleBird likes this.
  11. Senorsmith Aspiring Trainer
    Senorsmith

The Ultra Beast cards all have text on them specifying they are Ultra beasts. In the stadium text as well has 「 」, which are basically quotation marks, showing that its refering to a specific type of care as well. It is a little confusing as the text for the Ultra beast mark is not in bold text or an obvious symbol (like specific card types or EX/GX).

12. Sharkrai Aspiring Trainer
    Sharkrai

I just wonder if these alternates will be promos outside of japan or part of a set, since ultra prism will end up super big at this rate...

13. FacepalmMaster All hail our lord
    FacepalmMaster

water Golisopod would be a BIG problem, we have aqua patch and soon crasher wake, thoge I agree phycic gardie would be worse (anyone remember mewtwo wars)

14. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Lechu v 2017 likes this.
  15. DaBoss Gamer Aspiring Trainer
    DaBoss Gamer

16. The Revolutionaire N Aspiring Trainer
    The Revolutionaire N

Not very good like the GX....

17. crystal_pidgeot Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
    crystal_pidgeot

Hard counter to Dark decks for no reason. We need this for Gardevoir-GX, not dark. Will normally be a once per game attack, maybe twice. Really good for revenge killing however.

18. Mr. Rhyperior The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
    Mr. Rhyperior

• Buzzwole - 1 for 120 and it requires for the opponent to KO a GX to do it is good but complicated. At least a good non-GX attacker for Buzzwole decks. 3 Geodudes

19. joffreyspikes #Drampazizzle
    joffreyspikes

Do we not have enough Gardy counters for you? xD

20. bomboy2121 blaziken gx is meta
    bomboy2121

buzzwole decks did searched for non gx attcker for a 7 prize game and here is there awenser! more buzzwole!

Lechu v 2017 likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?