SM11 Miracle Twins!

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Sunflora getting skipped for a second Yanma/Yanmega... eh...

Happy for Wynaut, Elgyem/Beheeyem, Finneon/Lumineon, Tirtouga/Carracosta, Drilbur/Excadrill, Archen/Archeops, Relicanth... quite a few neglected Pokemon actually! Between Remix Bout and Dream League we might get everyone (besides Abra/Kadabra) printed in Gen 7 yet!

Wechselbalg

brb
Got excited there for a second when I saw that Aerodactyl. Then I saw the first attack.

Also, water type Wimpod. RIP being able to search it with Net Ball.

EDIT: That Beheeyem looks interesting, but is not strong enough to be a deck on its own. Still, the synergy with TCE could open up a few possibilities for including it as a tech in some TCE decks.

Last edited:

Pikachu6319

Scooby
And a dragon Noibat, that's cool glad for that one too. If only some of those fossils and been alternate types as well.

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
I deeply ponder the universe for what that new Yungoos does. Truly a rival to Arceus... Maybe even Lord Helix...

Ghostrickster

Aspiring Trainer
Aerodactyl can OHKO Pikarom, which is neat. That ability is super nice, and you can grab it directly off of Lab. Without DCE, it's probably not the best primary attacker, but if it's reprinted, it can work. Unfortunately, no fossil so far is particularly better as a primary attacker, so it's something.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I love how Elgyem's art references Rocket Abra. I hope we'll see more Easter eggs like this in the future!

EDIT: And Wynaut's nod to Neo Genesis Cleffa.

uncleyuri

~
That’s looks like a mysterious treasure reprint, and it does not have that ‘alternate art’ A, either. Looks like a legit reprint.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
So many good things done with this set.

28 total Gen 5 Pokemon. Some of these are including Pokemon we haven't seen since the BW era. Basculin, Archeops, and Carracosta come to mind of the ones we haven't seen (Leavanny/Terrakion have already been established). Stuff like Wynaut for the first time since, I think the HS era? Finneon/Lumineon, Elgyem/Beeheeyem, and I think a few others got their first cards since the XY era, and a lot of cool types for Pokemon, like Fighting Heracross and Steelix.

This is why I don't believe Pokemon is doing only gen 1 pandering. They're getting closer and closer to striking that balance with the last few sets. Although you have ultra rares with popular Pokemon, they're doing a lot of things like this that show they're acknowledging the other Pokemon out there.

DaLoc

Aspiring Trainer
I actually like Aerodactyl with the blackbelt and dojo, it can deal with all the 3CE decks

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
It might be because I haven't played in a while but isn't that first Sewaddle with Sprout pretty good? It allows you to search your deck for two stage 1 Pokemon and put them on your bench, meaning that you can skip the basic stage Pokemon and can essentially get Stage 2 Pokemon out in 2 turns if you have the stage 2 cards in your hand or another search method.

Sure, you will very likely have to give up a prize to use it but the fact that you can have two stage 2 Pokemon on your field by your next turn sounds like its worth the trade off. Sewaddle's colourless energy requirement also makes it quite versatile so it can fit into a lot of decks.

Of course, energy acceleration in the deck that you use Sewaddle in will be preferable since you'll only be able to attach one energy to one of the stage 2 Pokemon otherwise by the earliest turn that you have them.

Edit: The original translation for Sewaddle must have been incorrect as the translation has now been changed from searching for 2 stage 1 Pokemon to searching for 2 more Sewaddle. Welp.

Last edited:

Connor Ritter

TCG Player
Advanced Member
That’s looks like a mysterious treasure reprint, and it does not have that ‘alternate art’ A, either. Looks like a legit reprint.
Japanese cards don't do the alt art 'A'. If you look, Mysterious Treasure is marked with a 'B' from last year's block making it an alt art for the international release.