Skype and the Pokemon TCG.

Nerdzilla

Aspiring Trainer
Hello Friends,

My name is Ben. I'm 22 years old and I'm still a fan of pokemon in my 'old' age. I've been a closet fan since I started collecting in Base Set. Unfortunately with my current work and school schedule I'm unable to play as I would want to, so it limits me from wanting to pick up any packs of cards, or collecting anything.

I had an interesting thought today at work though, does anyone play the Pokemon TCG over Skype? I was thinking to myself how easy it would be to do, simply tilt your webcam down at your play surface, and have your opponent do the same, and wam, game time.

I was just curious if anyone has ever experimented with this, and if so where would I go to find some opponents, thus far I only have a starter deck of cards from a recent set, so I won't be much of an opponent, but if I get into regular battles with opponents I would be very excited to get back in Pokemon.

Thank you for any information you can provide.
Ben / Nerdzilla

Oh the fun of playing Pokemon over skype. Yes, it is very possible. I've done it plenty of times, although dont anymore because my computer camera is awful. I know there's a group on skype for playing Pokemon over skype, so you can join that.

Thanks! Do you have any idea of where this group is... I'd love to know so that I could get in touch with them.

I have played ALOT over skype! It's alot of fun! Little tough, but do able :). If you want me to add you then PM me name :).

This sounds great I actually just searched this today because I thought surely somebody had to be doing this.I'm a 29yr old dad who really got into pokemon because my 3 kids collected cards here and there then one day they asked me how to play I had no idea and don't like to do anything half**** so I looked it up and really got into I'm very big into poker and I was like hey this is like poker for my kids that they can get into and understand after playing w them a few months its fun but other than my 10yr old they use very little strategy I help them here and there in games against me but I'm not going to continually beat myself for them so Im definitely down for some skype matches Ive been building an feraligatr/blastoise/ampharos deck I really want to test

Yeah. I played with my boyfriend over Skype before we bought a place and moved in together. I'm always open for some fun Skype games or just chatting, info is in my profile.

Back