Six 'Rising Fist' Fighting-Types Revealed in 'CoroCoro' [6/11]

And now they have energy acceleration and an EX killer. You can't even counter them. There goes the format.

That 20+ damage though...
I can see decks now being with a 2-0-2 or 3-1-3 machamp line with their landorus or lucario ex. Its just too good to pass up.

I sure hope there is another version of Hawlucha in this set, since the EX is set to be a promo, and this 70HP one doesn't do damage to normal pokemon but can knock out an Ex in 2 turns if not 1 turn. That Machamp Artwork looks weird.

Machamp is basically Altaria. But worse. It's a Stage 2, so it's harder to get into play. So anyone who's hyped about it, just remember, FluffyChomp...

Aside from that, Hawlucha has some promise. Perhaps this is as close to an Yveltal-killer as they're going to give us? And the artwork for everything looks fantastic.

Yeah? Well Machamp has more than twice the HP and a whole lot more support from this set, compared to Altaria's type-based support.

I'd say I'm rightly interested in that Machamp. Lucario EX can hit that magic 180-200 so much easier with it. That's something to think about.

Skulblaka_Shur said:
Machamp is basically Altaria. But worse. It's a Stage 2, so it's harder to get into play. So anyone who's hyped about it, just remember, FluffyChomp...

Aside from that, Hawlucha has some promise. Perhaps this is as close to an Yveltal-killer as they're going to give us? And the artwork for everything looks fantastic.

Actually it's easier thanks to this card.

Korrina - Trainer
Supporter

Search your deck for 1 [F] Pokemon and 1 Item card, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack). Machamp for the win!!!

You Level Ball Machop or w/e, and then you can Korrina for Machamp and Rare Candy. Wooooo~
Hawlucha looks like a fun card to tech against Yveltal with Muscle Band.

Scorched Feathers said:
You Level Ball Machop or w/e, and then you can Korrina for Machamp and Rare Candy. Wooooo~
Hawlucha looks like a fun card to tech against Yveltal with Muscle Band.

Level Ball will be rotated out of format before Furious Fists rotates in.

Noope, there'll be a tiny window where it can happen, but after that, it'll be Ultra Ball. Oh god, the format without tons of search.

As if Muscle Band, the stadium, and the special fighting energy weren't enough, we now have Machamp to add even more damage to fighting pokemon. With the right build, a Hawlucha can take down EXes for just one energy.

You may have missed the announcement that sets won't become legal until 21 days after their release. That would make Furious Fists legal on September 3. Rotations usually happen immediately after Worlds. In other words.... no, unless they reprint it, Level Ball will not be allowed alongside Furious Fists.

(This is excluding the BW-on alternate format, but since we don't know anything about that yet, I'm sticking with what I said above)

Actually looking at attacks, Hawlucha doesn't seem like it would be real playable, since it can only do 60 damage for one energy, which can only attack EXs.
On the plus side, Hawlucha's artwork looks pretty sweet :)

Hawlucha with Bangle can OHKO: Thundurus-EX and Darkrai-EX for exemple as a nice 1 card to have. Machamp can be good for a bench sitter since his attack is heavy, I hope we get all the scans ASP :p

NIRVANA said:
Hawlucha with Bangle can OHKO: Thundurus-EX and Darkrai-EX for exemple as a nice 1 card to have. Machamp can be good for a bench sitter since his attack is heavy, I hope we get all the scans ASP :p

He can only do that if you use Garbodor, thanks to Hawlucha's Ability...

Back