Six Corners Discussion Thread

alexmf2 said:
If that were so then the deck would never have gotten very far in the first place. You use Kyurem when you have 3-5 energy on the field, Shaymin 3 onto Kyurem and start using Glaciate. You can KO their Tornadus with Outrage + PP if they attack you with that, and if they happen to get another one up and KO Kyurem you can just play another one and finish off the Celebis. If anything it gets better in the new format as there are more small hp bench sitters.

Virizion is also definitely still a keeper. It also gets only better, as with Sky Arrow it can now retreat for free. It's also nice as it can survive against early game pressure because of it's high hp, and like Kyurem it takes advantage of low hp basics.

They'll usually KO your Kyurem with Mewtwo EX, though.

alexmf2 said:
Mewtwo EX would need 4 energy. Even if they did, jut KO it with your Mewtwo.

But, then they will win the Mewtwo war. If they KOed Kyurem and Something else before you revenge KO their Mewtwo, they win.

A little bit ago when I was on the TCGO, I saw 2 (what I belive to be) Six Corners varients, but it didn't play too much like Six Corners; one of them had Celebi Prime, Virizion, Cobalion and Kyurem, and the other was the same minus Kyurem. Is this just a weird varient or am I missing info on a new deck? (the one with Kyurem did pretty well against my CMT)

The Aura Is With Me 8 said:
A little bit ago when I was on the TCGO, I saw 2 (what I belive to be) Six Corners varients, but it didn't play too much like Six Corners; one of them had Celebi Prime, Virizion, Cobalion and Kyurem, and the was the same minus Kyurem. Is this just a weird varient or am I missing info on a new deck? (the one with Kyurem did pretty well against my CMT)
Its a Mewtwo/Celebi deck.

iisnumber12 said:
But, then they will win the Mewtwo war. If they KOed Kyurem and Something else before you revenge KO their Mewtwo, they win.

?

They KO your Kyurem - they get 1 prize
You KO their Mewtwo - you get 2 prizes
They KO your Mewtwo - they get 2 prizes
You KO their Mewtwo - you get 2 prizes.

Your opponent wont have more than two Mewtwos. In that situation, they take 3 prizes and lose both Mewtwos, and you take 4 prizes and you still have a Mewtwo to wreak havoc with.

Then the prize trade would have been even....

If anything, you win. You still have one of your Mewtwos.

alexmf2 said:
Then the prize trade would have been even....

If anything, you win. You still have one of your Mewtwos.

We are talking about MTC, they will almost always run 3 Mewtwos or a way to get them back.
It would go like this
MTC Player takes 2 Prizes with early game Mewtwo
Six Corners Player takes 2 Prizes with Revenge Mewtwo
MTC Player takes 2 Prizes with Revenge Mewtwo
Six Corners Player takes 2 Prizes with Revenge Mewtwo
MTC takes lat 2 Prizes with 3rd Revenge Mewtwo
And that is assuming Six Corners can constantly hit PlusPowers

Uh, what exactly is stopping the 6 Corners player from taking two prizes early game as well? As I said, you can easily take a load of prizes with Kyurem off of Celebis, or using Zekrom to KO Tornaduses.

alexmf2 said:
Uh, what exactly is stopping the 6 Corners player from taking two prizes early game as well? As I said, you can easily take a load of prizes with Kyurem off of Celebis, or using Zekrom to KO Tornaduses.

But, MTC can take 2 Prizes in the first 3 Turns almost every game. Six Corners is taking 2 Prizes in the first 4 turns-ish. MTC will get ahead on prizes quicker, and will there for win the Mewtwo war. Zekrom and Kyurem are too slow to attack with really early game. Do you want to PlayTCG?

iisnumber12 said:
But, MTC can take 2 Prizes in the first 3 Turns almost every game. Six Corners is taking 2 Prizes in the first 4 turns-ish. MTC will get ahead on prizes quicker, and will there for win the Mewtwo war. Zekrom and Kyurem are too slow to attack with really early game. Do you want to PlayTCG?

MTC can't take a prize a turn, you have to remember it can only do like 80 damage for the first 3 turns. 6 Corners can take at least a prize a turn.

Who says that their Mewtwo can even KO your Kyurem in the first place? It would need 4 energy.

alexmf2 said:
MTC can't take a prize a turn, you have to remember it can only do like 80 damage for the first 3 turns. 6 Corners can take at least a prize a turn.

Who says that their Mewtwo can even KO your Kyurem in the first place? It would need 4 energy.

To MTC, 4 Energy is easy. How can Six Corners take prizes any quicker than MTC? MTC hits T1, and 6C hits T2.

1000 POSTS, YES!!!

iisnumber12 said:
To MTC, 4 Energy is easy. How can Six Corners take prizes any quicker than MTC? MTC hits T1, and 6C hits T2.

1000 POSTS, YES!!

4 Energy is not easy to just get from thin air. You would need to attach a DCE, use Celebi to put an extra energy on, AND move an energy from Tornadus to Mewtwo with Hurricane.

MTC hits turn 1 one for 80, not taking any prizes. It can only take a prize every two turns because of it's low damage output.

6 Corners can take a KO a turn starting turn 1 and taking a prize a turn every turn after that, sometimes even more because of Kyurem.

alexmf2 said:
4 Energy is not easy to just get from thin air. You would need to attach a DCE, use Celebi to put an extra energy on, AND move an energy from Tornadus to Mewtwo with Hurricane.

MTC hits turn 1 one for 80, not taking any prizes. It can only take a prize every two turns because of it's low damage output.

6 Corners can take a KO a turn starting turn 1 and taking a prize a turn every turn after that, sometimes even more because of Kyurem.

Whoever said you had 2 Hurricane an Energy? It is easier just to use 2 Celebi. It hits for 80 T1, and then significantly more T2, how can SC keep up with that? How can 6C take a prize each turn.

iisnumber12 said:
Whoever said you had 2 Hurricane an Energy? It is easier just to use 2 Celebi. It hits for 80 T1, and then significantly more T2, how can SC keep up with that? How can 6C take a prize each turn.

You would need a Switch if you wanted to use 2 Celebi.

It does not hit significantly more T2, it hits the same amount for about 1-2 turns until you can actually get Mewtwo charged up more. 6 Corners can easily keep up with that, the entire deck is filled with 130 hp basics!

6 Corners can easily take a prize a turn. Catcher a Celebi and KO it, Bolt Strike or Outrage a Tornadus, or take 2-3 prizes at once with Kyurem.

alexmf2 said:
You would need a Switch if you wanted to use 2 Celebi.
MTC runs 3-4 Switches

It does not hit significantly more T2, it hits the same amount for about 1-2 turns until you can actually get Mewtwo charged up more. 6 Corners can easily keep up with that, the entire deck is filled with 130 hp basics!
You are adding damage to their attacks and they run PlusPowers and catchers, so they can fairly easily KO 130HP basics.

6 Corners can easily take a prize a turn. Catcher a Celebi and KO it, Bolt Strike or Outrage a Tornadus, or take 2-3 prizes at once with Kyurem.
Not if they KO your attackers with energy you can't.

How are you adding damage to MTC's attacks? It's the opposite, 6 Corners is the deck with pokemon that have Outrage. Also, saying Mewtwo can easily KO 130 hp basics with no energy is absurd. You would need SIX energy AND a Pluspower to be able to KO a single one. Your pulling numbers out of nowhere, saying that you will always have the prime setup and everything will go perfectly in your way. It wont. I'll KO your Mewtwo and you will be stuck with no energy and no way to attack.

alexmf2 said:
How are you adding damage to MTC's attacks? It's the opposite, 6 Corners is the deck with pokemon that have Outrage. Also, saying Mewtwo can easily KO 130 hp basics with no energy is absurd. You would need SIX energy AND a Pluspower to be able to KO a single one. Your pulling numbers out of nowhere, saying that you will always have the prime setup and everything will go perfectly in your way. It wont. I'll KO your Mewtwo and you will be stuck with no energy and no way to attack.

You'd KO the one's with energies and you can add energies easily. I can get the Celebi thing most of the time BTW, and I can get the Celebi thing more consistently than you can get a T2 KO.

Back