Six Corners Discussion Thread

Could I get some feedback on my list? It's not lacking in my playtests, but I do want to change it a bit.

3-3 Eelektrik NV
1x Terrakion NV
1x Cleffa HS
1x Regigigas-EX ND
1x Tornadus EP
1x Kyurem-EX ND
1x Thundurus EP
2x Zekrom BW
2x Reshiram BW

Pokemon: 16

1x Sage's Training
1x Pokemon Catcher
2x Super Rod
4x Switch
2x Level Ball
2x Junk Arm
2x Pokemon Collector
3x PONT
3x Juniper
2x Revive
2x Skyarrow Bridge
2x Cheren
3x Eviolite
1x N

T/S/S: 30

2x Water Energy
6x Electric Energy
4x Prism Energy
2x Double Colorless Energy

Energy: 14

On order:
3x Virizion NV
1x Eviolite
1x DCE

DecaDang said:
Could I get some feedback on my list? It's not lacking in my playtests, but I do want to change it a bit.

3-3 Eelektrik NV
1x Terrakion NV
1x Cleffa HS
1x Regigigas-EX ND
1x Tornadus EP
1x Kyurem-EX ND
1x Thundurus EP
2x Zekrom BW
2x Reshiram BW

Pokemon: 16

1x Sage's Training
1x Pokemon Catcher
2x Super Rod
4x Switch
2x Level Ball
2x Junk Arm
2x Pokemon Collector
3x PONT
3x Juniper
2x Revive
2x Skyarrow Bridge
2x Cheren
3x Eviolite
1x N

2x Water Energy
6x Electric Energy
4x Prism Energy
2x Double Colorless Energy

On order:
3x Virizion NV
1x Eviolite
1x DCE

Youw Lines are very shaky and you should max out a few different cards in this deck. I'd try something like this:
3-3 Eelektrik NV
1x Terrakion NV
1x Cleffa HS
1x Regigigas-EX ND
1x Tornadus EP
1x Kyurem-EX ND
2x Zekrom BW
1x Reshiram BW
1x Mewtwo EX

Pokemon: 15

3x Pokemon Catcher
1x Super Rod
3x Switch
2x Level Ball
4x Junk Arm
3x Pokemon Collector
4x PONT
4x Juniper
1x Revive
2x Skyarrow Bridge
3x Eviolite

2x Rainbow Energy
5x Electric Energy
4x Prism Energy
3x Double Colorless Energy

@Decadang: In my experience Juniper hurts 6C badly, Cheren is a better option in my opinion.

@Pokemonjoe: I don't know what kind of 6c varriant you're using, but to say that the deck is plagued by any kind of weakness is a bit much. Being the only person at TN States playing 6c, the only thing that gave me trouble was Reshiplosion. I was eating CMT decks like cheese it's, I find the deck far from weak...

For the record this was my final list:

Pokemon:

Cobalion x2
Terrakion
Virizion x3
Shaymin Ex
Shaymin
Kyurem Ex
Kyurem
Reshiram
Zekrom
Mewtwo Ex x2

T/S/S

Pokemon Collector x4
PONT x4
Cheren x3
Seeker x2
Junk arm x3
eviolite x3
Pokemon catcher x3
Switch x3
Super rod
Lost remover
pokegear 3.0 x2
Skyarrow bridge

Energy:

Prism x4
Rainbow x4
DCE x4
Grass x2
Water x1

I took the Lost Remover out for a Cheren after the tourney because I only used the remover once the whole tourney. Great run, I went 6-1 in Swiss. Hope this helps.
:)

I am wondering, is there a way for 6 corners to search out non-basic energies quickly in order to also increase the speed of attaching those energies for much more quicker and efficient attacks?

You could also try out Energy Exchanger, but I wouldn't really recommend it. Electrode Prime is the best way to get any type of energy down in my opinion, but I can tell that that is a little bit different from what you are looking for. A high amount of hand refresh cards should do the trick.

glowstikninja: Many players have agreed that 6C is not worth playing anymore. The reason? No energy acceleration. Every deck except durant needs energy acceleration. Just because a single player went 6-1 in swiss does not make the deck good.

pokemonjoe said:
glowstikninja: Many players have agreed that 6C is not worth playing anymore. The reason? No energy acceleration. Every deck except durant needs energy acceleration. Just because a single player went 6-1 in swiss does not make the deck good.

Energy acceleration is one reason. The other is that there are only two types of pokemon out there that you need to compete against - Psychic and Electric. After that, a Zekrom may cover Durant / Tornadus.

What is the point of Six Corners if it only needs three of those corners! If your goal is to create an anti-meta deck, plan around the meta, and not against everything. Your deck will be far too inconsistent and irrelevant when attempting to go up against the giants.

pokemonjoe said:

Where as it doesn't make the deck good, it does however prove that it is a very viable deck in the format. Many of the Pokemon in the deck don't need energy acceleration, and the ones that do only take one extra turn to set up in most instances. I however agree that the dogs are becoming of less importance, but they're still very helpful, especially Terrakion. I think the next set will only further empower 6C, Getting rid of the Skyarrow for a free retreat educing EX is going to be boss...

This deck is very viable when paired up with Electrode, i've tested it alot and found it to be a real fun and competitive deck.
Match your meta and win!

I am removing Six Corners from the Metagame Deck Center because it has been preforming poorly at tournaments and because it rarely sees any play. Feel free to continue discussion here, in the Competitive Collective.

Back