Simple counters to Coballion (NV)

minimidget94 said:
Jirachi is _definitely_ optional. Especially if your particular meta is heavily dominated by basic decks (my meta isn't established too well yet). In testing though, it was always better to attack with Kyurem than spend a turn devolving, and more times than not I would never use Jirachi, and instead wished for the psychic energy to be waters for rain dance. I agree with not needing fires now, I seem to always forget that the water attack is still fire typed. I guess I'll leave one in, since it can't hurt, seeing as Kyurem uses WWC.

Keep in mind, Torrent Blade can only hit the bench which means weakness doesn't apply.

Is there a reason I'm overlooking, or would Beartic EP be a pretty good counter to Coballion? Sure, it can be OHKO'ed, but they should never be able to attack it, unless they catcher it.

minimidget94 said:
Is there a reason I'm overlooking, or would Beartic EP be a pretty good counter to Coballion? Sure, it can be OHKO'ed, but they should never be able to attack it, unless they catcher it.

Why can't they attack it? After you kill the first Cobalion, they OHKO the Beartic. And Beartic hits for so little damage it isn't a big deal for Cobalion to retread/ soak up damage turn after turn.

Right the second one can. I just can't ever see being able to set up a Coballion in a Kyuremgatr without changing it completely into a CaKE varient.

Back