News Silvady, Jarango, Jararanga, Trial Captain Ilima, S/M Anime Info Revealed in 'CoroCoro!'

Silvadi is now my favorite Gen VII Pokémon, hands down. Sure, its ability is stellar - basically making it a poor man's Arceus, so to speak - but HOLY CRAP that design is glorious and terrifying all at the same time! I'm blown away. I really am.

Jararanga reminds me of Quetzalcoatl with that scaly/feathery design he's got going on. It also looks like an armored Struthiomimus, or a really over-indulgent Haxorus.

Still can't wait to see what the anime is going to be like. :D

All I have to say about that this, is I can't wait till I catch a Type:Null:D

I'm presuming it'll be a gift Pokemon, like Porygon. (It was artificially created after all). You might even be given the egg for Type:Null (it should be breed-able) by Gladion as he uses one.

Silvadi is now my favorite Gen VII Pokémon, hands down. Sure, its ability is stellar - basically making it a poor man's Arceus, so to speak - but HOLY CRAP that design is glorious and terrifying all at the same time! I'm blown away. I really am.

Agreed, and what makes it even more cool is that it's effectively 18 Pokemon in 1 because you can change it to the type that suits you (or your team) best. Something for everyone! Sure, Arceus did that already, but you can not use Arceus in normal battle formats so I don't really count that.

Dragon/Fighting is a really cool type combo, I like it.

Silvady is like Arceus combined with Porygon in essence. It's not as broken as Arceus, but should be used quite a lot in-game/competitive. It's ability is a little watered down version of Multitype and is tied to a move moreso then a held item.

Silvady is like Arceus combined with Porygon in essence. It's not as broken as Arceus, but should be used quite a lot in-game/competitive. It's ability is a little watered down version of Multitype and is tied to a move moreso then a held item.
"Its ability is AR System, which allows it to change its type to any other type depending on a certain held item attached to it called Memory. (So basically Silvady has Arceus’s Multitype Ability and instead of Arceus’s plates it uses the Memory item to determine the type.)"

no it's actually tied to the item. the move is essentially a (probably) weaker judgement.

Silvadi looks really good. Much better without the helmet. Feels more like a form change than an actual evolution, but cool nonetheless. I already like Arceus a lot, but I have to admit Silvadi looks even better.

I also expected something a bit different from Jangmo-o's final stage. I don't mind the complex design, I actually like that. What I don't like is its stance. It could have a more upright posture like the middle stage and an actual armor around its body to look more like a warrior. People will probably think this is stupid, but I wouldn't mind if it looked more like some dragon warrior Digimon.

I already expressed my opinion on Alolan Grimer but anyway, still think it was completely unnecessary and lazy. If they wanted an alola form for Grimer, I think they could have gone several other, more interesting, ways, and they just went for an easy one. Or maybe they should have chosen some other Pokémon.

I'm presuming it'll be a gift Pokemon, like Porygon. (It was artificially created after all). You might even be given the egg for Type:Null (it should be breed-able) by Gladion as he uses one.
Actually, I do have something to say. Type:Null is a good example of lenient evolution. Its new form is very sleek, and doesn't feel like just a larger form of its pre-evolution. Jangmo-o is the exact opposite. I felt myself wishing they had just let Jangmo-o be Jangmo-o. But instead I was thinking, "No, NO GO BACK! GO BACK!"
I wish Pokemon could see that you can't supersize a Pokemon, give it some humanoid features, and then call it an evolution.

Actually, I do have something to say. Type:Null is a good example of lenient evolution. Its new form is very sleek, and doesn't feel like just a larger form of its pre-evolution. Jangmo-o is the exact opposite. I felt myself wishing they had just let Jangmo-o be Jangmo-o. But instead I was thinking, "No, NO GO BACK! GO BACK!"
I wish Pokemon could see that you can't supersize a Pokemon, give it some humanoid features, and then call it an evolution.

I would agree with you, but that's largely the case with evolution in this game since the beginning. Things grow up and get bigger, just like we do. And really, it plays to a simple need for having large monsters in our control. In beetle fights, it's largely that the bigger the beetle, the stronger it is. Same usually applies to Pokemon. Also Jang'moo's evolution still hold true to its origins, the ankylosaurus.

As for Dragon/Fighting, while it does give some new weaknesses and a 4x weakness to Fairy, Jararango looks like it'll definitely have Close Combat which would be a huge STAB for it.

I would agree with you, but that's largely the case with evolution in this game since the beginning. Things grow up and get bigger, just like we do. And really, it plays to a simple need for having large monsters in our control. In beetle fights, it's largely that the bigger the beetle, the stronger it is. Same usually applies to Pokemon. Also Jang'moo's evolution still hold true to its origins, the ankylosaurus.

As for Dragon/Fighting, while it does give some new weaknesses and a 4x weakness to Fairy, Jararango looks like it'll definitely have Close Combat which would be a huge STAB for it.
When you said that it has been the case since the beginning, the first thing that came to mind was the Gen 1 starters. And while you do have very good point that much like us humans we grow bigger, but Jaranga is just a little overboard. Charizard was good because it stayed true to its original design. Jaranga gains a bunch of flaps on its body, loses any essence of cute (Something Jangmo-o nailed with the heart on its forehead), and it got big lumbering arms which felt out place. Honestly, I don't dislike Jarango and Jaranga, I just feel like they messed up a little bit.

When you said that it has been the case since the beginning, the first thing that came to mind was the Gen 1 starters. And while you do have very good point that much like us humans we grow bigger, but Jaranga is just a little overboard. Charizard was good because it stayed true to its original design. Jaranga gains a bunch of flaps on its body, loses any essence of cute (Something Jangmo-o nailed with the heart on its forehead), and it got big lumbering arms which felt out place. Honestly, I don't dislike Jarango and Jaranga, I just feel like they messed up a little bit.

I see your point of how it seems to have gone overboard, but then I'm reminded of evolution lines like the Dratini family. Where did Dragonite come from compared to Dratini? Speaking of Charmander, did any of us really look at the little guy and think "It's going to get wings" before even seeing Charizard? Then there's Gible. Little cute Gible and then it evolves, loses its fingers and becomes one of the coolest designs ever in Garchomp. I'd honestly say part of the charm of Pokemon is never truly knowing what comes next. I for one never would have thought that Magnemite would evolve into three Magnemite.

I really want to know more about Type:Null. Like, who's the guy that locked it up with that mask, and how can it get rid of it (ok, the love of the Trainer, but... how?)... It's really interesting!

And before I can finally judge Jangmo-o's evolutions, I want to see their 3D models in the games ;) Sometimes the artworks can trick!

I see your point of how it seems to have gone overboard, but then I'm reminded of evolution lines like the Dratini family. Where did Dragonite come from compared to Dratini? Speaking of Charmander, did any of us really look at the little guy and think "It's going to get wings" before even seeing Charizard? Then there's Gible. Little cute Gible and then it evolves, loses its fingers and becomes one of the coolest designs ever in Garchomp. I'd honestly say part of the charm of Pokemon is never truly knowing what comes next. I for one never would have thought that Magnemite would evolve into three Magnemite.
Dragonite is definitely one of those lines that has an unexpected final design. But Jangmo-o is so predictable! Jaranga is in no way a surprise, which is why I'm disappointed. Lines like Dragonite, Gyarados, and Gible are unexpected, yeah. However, Jangmo-o is just another Pokemon that got a supersized version of itself with the "Evolution" label blatantly slapped on.

Dragonite is definitely one of those lines that has an unexpected final design. But Jangmo-o is so predictable! Jaranga is in no way a surprise, which is why I'm disappointed. Lines like Dragonite, Gyarados, and Gible are unexpected, yeah. However, Jangmo-o is just another Pokemon that got a supersized version of itself with the "Evolution" label blatantly slapped on.

For the sake of argument, what are these other "supersized" Pokemon?

I really want to know more about Type:Null. Like, who's the guy that locked it up with that mask, and how can it get rid of it (ok, the love of the Trainer, but... how?)... It's really interesting!

And before I can finally judge Jangmo-o's evolutions, I want to see their 3D models in the games ;) Sometimes the artworks can trick!
Theory: The Aether Foundation created a hybrid Pokémon species, (Arceus was used, obviously), and gave it a wooden helmet and body armor to wear. Gladion took it out of pity, and realized that it trusted him enough to evolve. Or something along the lines of that.

You could be right, however, if the rumors that this generation will only contain about 60 new Pokemon are true, I still think it has to be the pseudo. I hope to be wrong however, because I would like to see a lot more. What if the new pseudo is Alolan Dragonite? (would be awesome!)

An Alolan Dragonite would be pretty awesome, especially as the pseudo. It would be a nice twist on the pseudos.

I certainly hope there's more than 60 new Pokemon though, especially considering they've already revealed 50 :D (which is already like 10 more than they revealed before X&Y)

I like jararango after a couple second and third looks, it is growing on me. The problems with it hat I have is not the amount of scales, its that the scales overshadow it. Too many circular designs on a long and skinny design. If they buffed it up and made it rounder, more upright, kept the black on it to sell the armored island warrior look, it would match more. But that's my two cents. I don't have much of an opinion on silvady.

Really digging Silvadi. Type:Null has had a place on my team since its reveal, so I'm thrilled it has an evolution I enjoy just as much. I'm pretty happy with Jangmo-o's evolutions, too. They look their type, if maybe a tad overdone. Wasn't planning on using it on my first run through, but I may try the line eventually.

The only thing that's semi-disappointing is the rumor of 80 Pokémon. I've loved almost all that have been revealed, but I do question TPCi's marketing strategy (revealing 75% of the new Pokémon), especially as we're starting to get fewer and fewer new monsters.

Side note: are we sure Ilima is a girl? The name sounds feminine, the character looks feminine, but other translations use male names and it wouldn't be the first time a male character looked slightly androgynous.

Back