• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Sigilyph Toolbox/Trubbish with Drifblim

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
Pokemon - 12
  • 4x Sigilyph PLB
  • 4x Trubbish PLS
  • 2-2x Masquerain PLB
Trainers - 38
  • 4x Silver Mirror
  • 3x Silver Bangle
  • 3x Rescue Scarf
  • 3x Exp. Share
  • 2x Float Stone
  • 1x Rock Guard AS
  • 4x Level Ball
  • 3x Catcher
  • 2x Bicycle
  • 4x Juniper
  • 3x Skyla
  • 2x Caitlin
  • 2x N
  • 2x Colress
Energy - 10
  • 10x Psychic
Strategy
The strategy could go a few different ways. Depending on who you want to attack with or what Tool combination you want to use, you could either attack with Trubbish or Sigilyph. Either way, you would try to get as many Tools on as many Sigilyph as possible, and set up a Masquerain to move around the Tools between Sigilyph/Trubbish as needed. Drifblim is put in specifically for facing Plasma decks, to possibly do 100 every turn with a Silver Bangle for no Energy (it's something that interested me that I just wanted to try out, but I may take it out if it becomes inconsistent). I chose Rock Guard as the ACE SPEC because it could help a ton in getting a KO (not to mention it might scare your opponent into not attacking knowing they might get KO'd next turn) and you can always use Masquerain to get it off your active if it's about to get KO'd, so it's incredibly versatile.

I'm probably gonna take this deck to Battle Roads to see how it does, so feedback would help a lot :D

8-6-13: Updated deck list.

I think the biggest thing this deck needs atm is EXP. Share. In order to constantly stream attackers, namely Trubbish, EXP. Share is a must. Because Trubbish WILL get KO'd every turn, this deck will fold because you can't keep streaming attackers every turn. And IMO because you run the Masquerain, playing Rescue Scarf wouldn't be a bad idea either because you can switch Tools around super easy. And attacking with Sigilyph isn't the best idea either, because 2 shotting EX's isn't all that great when you get 1 shot back. And take out the Drifblim unless you want to switch the Level Ball to Ultra Ball, which I don't suggest. Otherwise you can't search Drifblim. Btw you need more supporters. 11 really isn't enough, especially with half of them being Skyla.

-1-1 Drifblim
-2 Rocky Helmet
-1 Rock Guard (I think this is better suited towards something else)
-1 Silver Bangle (not necessary)
-1 Tool Scrapper (you one-shot Garbodor anyway. They play Tools too)
-3 Eviolite (I don't like it. 90 HP isn't much better than 70)
-4 DCE
-2 Skyla (you want to be aggressive and draw into Tools, not just search one out)

+4 Psychic
+3 Rescue Scarf (4 Trubbish won't last forever)
+3 EXP Share (Otherwise you can only attack every other turn)
+1 Trubbish
+1 Dowsing Machine/Computer Search
+1 Juniper
+2 N
+1 Colress

I don't know how I feel about Eviolite. I think it may be better suited towards something else, and my suggestions leave you with 15 Tools intead of 16, but I think the deck should run smoother with these changes.

venasour x said:
I think the biggest thing this deck needs atm is EXP. Share. In order to constantly stream attackers, namely Trubbish, EXP. Share is a must. Because Trubbish WILL get KO'd every turn, this deck will fold because you can't keep streaming attackers every turn. And IMO because you run the Masquerain, playing Rescue Scarf wouldn't be a bad idea either because you can switch Tools around super easy. And attacking with Sigilyph isn't the best idea either, because 2 shotting EX's isn't all that great when you get 1 shot back. And take out the Drifblim unless you want to switch the Level Ball to Ultra Ball, which I don't suggest. Otherwise you can't search Drifblim. Btw you need more supporters. 11 really isn't enough, especially with half of them being Skyla.

-1-1 Drifblim
-2 Rocky Helmet
-1 Rock Guard (I think this is better suited towards something else)
-1 Silver Bangle (not necessary)
-1 Tool Scrapper (you one-shot Garbodor anyway. They play Tools too)
-3 Eviolite (I don't like it. 90 HP isn't much better than 70)
-4 DCE
-2 Skyla (you want to be aggressive and draw into Tools, not just search one out)

+4 Psychic
+3 Rescue Scarf (4 Trubbish won't last forever)
+3 EXP Share (Otherwise you can only attack every other turn)
+1 Trubbish
+1 Dowsing Machine/Computer Search
+1 Juniper
+2 N
+1 Colress

I don't know how I feel about Eviolite. I think it may be better suited towards something else, and my suggestions leave you with 15 Tools intead of 16, but I think the deck should run smoother with these changes.

Thanks so much for the suggestions :D I implemented them all except for the Drifblim line and Rock Guard, I really want to test it with them before switching them out so soon lol. And I wanna see if while testing I'll have that moment of "man I wish I had Dowsing Machine right about now" :p

You can consider Life Dew as a possible ACE SPEC as well. Not giving up a Prize could be very useful in this deck considering the easy prizes it gives up (although I could see the use of six free damage counters as well, you have to consider you'll probably be aiming to OHKO 3 EXs to win a game anyway considering that's the most efficient strategy).

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
You can consider Life Dew as a possible ACE SPEC as well. Not giving up a Prize could be very useful in this deck considering the easy prizes it gives up (although I could see the use of six free damage counters as well, you have to consider you'll probably be aiming to OHKO 3 EXs to win a game anyway considering that's the most efficient strategy).

dmaster out.

Yeah I was actually thinking of Life Dew ever since we first got scans of Sigilyph, I would just have to get my hands on one lol. But I'm definitely gonna play around with what ACE SPEC I do use for this deck.

This deck needs 4x Bicycle. Best card for this deck without a doubt.
And at least 3x Exp Share. :)

Ryan Sinclair said:
This deck needs 4x Bicycle. Best card for this deck without a doubt.
And at least 3x Exp Share. :)

Wow you're right Bicycle would help a lot actually, but what should I take out for them is the problem D:

You could take out four Psychics (or a couple of them and one or two Rescue Scarfs). Trubbish only needs two Energy to attack and I understand fearing missing Energy drops, but you also have EXP Share that can help keep some Psychics in play. I don't see the use for 12 of them.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
You could take out four Psychics (or a couple of them and one or two Rescue Scarfs). Trubbish only needs two Energy to attack and I understand fearing missing Energy drops, but you also have EXP Share that can help keep some Psychics in play. I don't see the use for 12 of them.

dmaster out.

That's kinda what I was thinking, I'm gonna take out 3 Psychic for 3 Bicycle to see how it runs with 'em.

lol well turns out I only have 2 Bicycle (lol) so that'll be all I put in for now :p

Ok I took out the Drifblim line and put in 1 Skyla and Colress each, I'm gonna see how it runs like this before making any more changes C:

MasterGallade said:
Ok I took out the Drifblim line and put in 1 Skyla and Colress each, I'm gonna see how it runs like this before making any more changes C:

Take out a Skyla for an N. You don't need 4 Skyla for this deck, and ideally you should be playing 4 N. If you can pick off Bicycles and play tools then N into a Sigilyph and more tools, it's perfect. :)

Don't forget about Drifblim DE, for 1 Colorless it does 50x the enemies Special Energy cards in Discard. It really synergizes with Drifblim PLB who Discards Special Energies. Really good against Plasma Decks, but not sure if it's worth including. But TDK will probably still reign King, so who knows :p

Back