BW/BW2 Side Effects of Action Replay

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEVER max use an AR. Your game, scratch that, DS with freeze up every now and then. Walk-Through-Walls was so funn... I mean, very bad! Yes, messed up my Platinum!

On my Diamond, I once used a fast egg hatch code and the manaphy egg code at the same time. It got to the point where if I took one step, the egg would hatch. My game froze every single time the egg hatched, at the same exact point in time. I'm not sure which one of those cheats made it do that, but that's what happened. I was forced to start a new game because I couldn't walk into the pokemon center without the egg hatching and freezing.

was it a bad egg?? those freeze your game and are hacks, maybe those 2 combined made bad eggs

I'm not sure, I'm thinking it was a bad egg since many people use the fast egg hatch cheat. Whatever it was, it forced me to start a new game :(

Note to people. If you use an AR, before you save, WALK AROUND for a little bit. This guarantees that your game will not continuously freeze.

Walk Through Walls is the only one you really want to watch out for, I used to use it a lot and my game began to freeze up a lot. Since then, I have only ever used item and cloning codes and my game doesn't freeze anymore at all if I don't have the Action Replay in. My suggestion is to just do what safariblade has said and don't use too many codes at once, if you use codes that aren't too crazy and you don't use very many at the same time, you should be fine.

What about missingos??? has anybody used those, i havent really, the few ive tried failed, but can you describe the encounter?

I thought that you left Pokebeach....?

Lol they always come back.
Yeah walk through walls is pretty nasty.

chellochello said:
What about missingos??? has anybody used those, i havent really, the few ive tried failed, but can you describe the encounter?

I did get missingos by using the egg hatching code. But it only happened once. Not sure why though.

Some codes do not use them. For example:

- I used the increase movement code and some in-game events do not get activated!!! BEWARE! (same applies for walk through wall). I advise you use these codes after the completion of the game.

- The marking codes. Beware aswell! It will sometimes make your pokemon into missingo. I am sure you don't want to loose your hard trained pokemons!!

Missingo's. Iv got one once. When playing platinum I decided to see what one would look like. I used a walk through walls code and ran on the water in the cave by the elite four with Marley. Of course she couldnt follow so it caused a missingo. I was afraid to fight it and screw up my game, but it was just the floating symbol. It was a cool experience but I wouldnt do it again because Im worried about hacking my games, especially cause I want to do the VGC next year.

Please don't revive threads older than two weeks old unless you have something great to contribute. To answer your question, no it won't as long as you are using the AR properly. Misuse can always result in damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back