Ruling Shuffling question

POP Penalty Guidelines said:
Pokémon Organized Play Tournament Penalty Guidelines
Effective Date: 9/1/2005

A long time I guess.

Looks like those who arent aware of the new Penalty rules should get themselves over to the POP website asap and get the new stuff into your heads...

How can anyone say that fixing your deck is not cheating? jeez...

Alright!
Now I'll always ask my friends to shuffle their deck again and again, since thye only shuffle it few times, and sometimes always get a line of Pokemon.
Thanx Abhorsen!

Then there are some people who after you shuffle their decks their decks they seperate their energy and win like this evil person named Tad. I hate Tad so bad I wish that he should have been dropped out of the tourny because he did not copp with the prof.s

Andyman said:
Then there are some people who after you shuffle their decks their decks they seperate their energy and win like this evil person named Tad. I hate Tad so bad I wish that he should have been dropped out of the tourny because he did not copp with the prof.s

Umm... I don't get it, can someone explain it with more clearly?

He's saying that Tad knows his deck inside-out, so Tad knows how to get a good hand at the start. (I think...)

that's not what he's saying, he's saying something about separating energies
attachment.php
and winning this way
attachment.php

I know. But after a shuffle, you don't know what cards are where. So Tad knows where his cards are. (It's confusing, but you'll get it.)

I dont see it as a compulsory rule, but why wouldnt you? It's not like their deck has a disease on it or something...

Some people plainly cant shuffle, so that's why they ask others.

Abhorsen said:
I dont see it as a compulsory rule, but why wouldnt you? It's not like their deck has a disease on it or something...

Some people plainly cant shuffle, so that's why they ask others.

Yea, but if the person on the other side doesn't know how to shuffle too? That'd be really weird...

Ask a judge to shuffle. Neither player can cut or shuffle after a judge's shuffle, though. Also, if you cut your opponent's deck in more parts than half (3 stacks or more), it is considered a shuffle, and they have the right to cut their own deck (in halves).

I like to distribute basics, energies, and trainer cards evenly throughout my deck, and then shuffle thoroughly. I normally do this before critical matches (elimination rounds) or if I end up with no basic multiple times (means the cards are all clumped together and not truly random). It is legal to do because your cards are still randomized sufficiently afterwards and you aren't gaining an unfair advantage. Great for preventing bad starts, but it takes time to do (best to do it before the next pairings are announced, if possible).

I also like to do that but the problem is it can easily be mistaked with cheating because you can determine the card order.

Is this considered re ordering or not?

After a game, my Torchic HP combusken EM and Blaziken EM are so closely stuck together because I evolved it. I split them and placed them at diff points of the deck. Randomly. Then I shuffle.

^
== SHUFFLING

Q. I play an Oracle, and search for two cards. While I am searching, I find that I have a HUGE energy pocket coming up. So I break it up and add some trainers in between them. I then shuffle and put 2 cards on top. Is that legal?
A. As long as you shuffle sufficiently afterwards. (Mar 25, 2004 PUI Rules Team)
Yeah, that's fine. Reordering to try and rig isn't illegal, but it isn't winning of your own skill either...

Back