P!P/Rules Should Seismitoad EX be Banned for Standard and Expanded?

Banning should always be a last resort. While at first I was almost annoyed that Lysandre's Trump Card was banned while ignoring Seismitoad-EX, at this point the-powers-that-be should definitely wait to see how things evolve. Even if Seismitoad-EX still dominates the tell end of this format, rotation is so close that yet another ban seems like a really bad idea.

Now if after the rotation and the next set it still is dominating things then it may come to such a last resort.

It shouldn't be banned. At most it should be nerfed, but I think right now he's in a good Tier 2 spot.
Banning LTC helped bring down the viability of Toad a bit for the format without totally making him obsolete. Once the rotation occurs, there will be no laser bank, making him do 50 damage max outside of Crobat. In addition, with cards like Wally, Xerosic, Crawdaunt, etc., Toad can be beaten easier in this format.

It shouldn't be banned. At most it should be nerfed, but I think right now he's in a good Tier 2 spot.
Banning LTC helped bring down the viability of Toad a bit for the format without totally making him obsolete. Once the rotation occurs, there will be no laser bank, making him do 50 damage max outside of Crobat. In addition, with cards like Wally, Xerosic, Crawdaunt, etc., Toad can be beaten easier in this format.

A lot of people seem to think post rotation he will lose a lot of his damage. Unfortunately to some it appears that way because of no laser/bank and the loss of ltc means he will be very limited. Do you still think Toad/Variant decks will be playable post rotation, or will it be a shell of its former self and no longer be a viable top tier competitive deck?

A lot of people seem to think post rotation he will lose a lot of his damage. Unfortunately to some it appears that way because of no laser/bank and the loss of ltc means he will be very limited. Do you still think Toad/Variant decks will be playable post rotation, or will it be a shell of its former self and no longer be a viable top tier competitive deck?
At long last the Toad will meet its demise

Because of the LTC ban, I can't see Toad doing much anymore (or at least taking 2 hours to finish a game). Without it's ability to recycle things like HypnoLazor and Crushing Hammer, it loses a lot of disruption flow late game. I feel like Garbotoad is going to come back as the main Toad variant, as all the more popular ones relied on rushing through the deck with cancer engine until it was time to Trump everything back.

Back