Should Pokemon Catcher be Banned?

• Yes

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 70.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How has this not been closed yet?, catcher does not break the format it just makes it so you have to actually think.

Catcher can be run in any deck, the same people moaning about it being broken will be praising how awesome it was when they start abusing it in every deck they own.

We get this same stupid argument everytime a decent card is released, we had it with power spray in platinum and now people are moaning about catcher.

Its getting tiring seeing the same people moan about how crap the game is, if you think its crap then stop moaning and leave maybe we can see some decent threads then.

The Pain said:
How has this not been closed yet?, catcher does not break the format it just makes it so you have to actually think.

Catcher can be run in any deck, the same people moaning about it being broken will be praising how awesome it was when they start abusing it in every deck they own.

We get this same stupid argument everytime a decent card is released, we had it with power spray in platinum and now people are moaning about catcher.

Its getting tiring seeing the same people moan about how crud the game is, if you think its crud then stop moaning and leave maybe we can see some decent threads then.

if it bothers you so much why even comment?

^cause its just the same thing being said over and over... thus its getting no where...

complaining about complaints is kind of redunant tho - even less productive than the inital complaints.

I've already stopped moaning about Pokemon Catcher and learned to deal with it. We already dealt with Power Spray and it wasn't as bad as people thought. Leaving the game just because of one card is stupid and that's something I'm never going to do. I enjoy playing the Pokemon TCG and I'm stayin'...

The Pain said:

To take the thread in a somewhat different direction then, and because I'm curious myself, yes it's true that people ran and adapted to Power Spray, and even found a reliable safety net with tomb. I never met any decent SP player that didn't run it, and everyone respects it as a good card, but I find it difficult to believe that everyone, including those that used it, stopped thinking that was was to a degree, gamebreaking, certainly before AR came out. To what degree does it become a "fair" card and to what degree does it become like donking? Sure, most if not all of us would donk and expect to be donked in tournaments, but do any of us actually take satisfaction while doing so?

There is a shiny report button though if you want to request a closure though.

Power Spray isn't overpowered or should be debated about being overpowered in the first place. It shuts down an Uxie aaand?

Riskbreakers said:
Power Spray isn't overpowered or should be debated about being overpowered in the first place. It shuts down an Uxie aaand?

Poke-turn was overpowered :p Take out that card and you can see how the whole Luxchomp deck just crumbles.

Anyway, the best formats were those without a no-strings-attached reversal, meaning GOW, Bright Look and now Catcher. I think almost everyone would agree on that: RSE-on, HL-on, Deoxys-on, DP-on (2009 without DCE), and now HGSS-on.

GOW/Bright Look/Catcher just takes away a lot of the intellectual aspects of the game. At the end of the day, everyone can just play it and it becomes fair again (in a twisted sense), but I think the question should be is it the right direction for the game to be going? Instead of calming yourself down to think through and observe the moves your opponent made in his last turn, you just play Catcher and kill whatever. I wouldn't even be able to believe myself when I try to promote the game to the watching kids and parents by saying this is a game of strategy and intellect, because the game would have evolved to luck and brutality.

The Pain said:
Is everyone overlooking the fact that it can be used for disruption as well as KO's

And that's why people want it banned. Consider it a Luxray GL Lv.X, but much more powerful.

Catcher is good reason to have 3-4 switches in deck incase opponent catchers your example. energy loader (Emboar, typhlosion or feraligatr) into active so he can try to stall and build some bench poke. Catcher brings more strategy and table turning into the game.

Riskbreakers said:

Yeah but I mentioned Power Spray cause it was brought up. :p

Seen as i'm gonna use Zekrom Donk/ZPS it definatly should not be banned!!!

*If I spelt definatly wrong, sorry but it's just one of those words I can never quite remember...*

corabed said:
Seen as i'm gonna use Zekrom Donk/ZPS it definatly should not be banned!!!

*If I spelt definatly wrong, sorry but it's just one of those words I can never quite remember...*

At least post a valid and unbiased reason as to why you like the card.

Pokemon Catcher will be both a blessing and a curse.

It will be a blessing to decks that are more centered around a single pokemon as the stratagy. Examples include Zekrom, Tyranitar Prime, and Cinccino (sp?).

It will be a curse to decks that have benched supporters that make the deck work. Examples include Leafeon/Roserade, Reshiboar/phlosion, and Magneboar. Dragging out and KOing those key support pokemon can ultimately give you a win over these decks.

Personally, I don't know what to make of this card. The same mechanic that made Luxchomp a top-tier deck will now be available to every deck in the form of a trainer card. I both love and hate this card at the same time for the above reasons.

At least Luxchomp capped at 80 damage. Maybe I'm biased as a Magneboar player, but I think it's a curse because it turns the current meta with multiple viable decks and, once again, narrows the field to two or three. Maybe it's just me, but an open meta really strikes me as more interesting.

Magnevire said:
At least Luxchomp capped at 80 damage. Maybe I'm biased as a Magneboar player, but I think it's a curse because it turns the current meta with multiple viable decks and, once again, narrows the field to two or three. Maybe it's just me, but an open meta really strikes me as more interesting.

Don't forget the incoming BearPlume (With Kyurem tech later on), and KyureGatr, they'll most likely change tier lists nicely.

That's true as well. Bearplume interests me, but I've faced Kyuregatr on Redshark (with a proxy for Kyurem for obvious reasons). Based on my experiences, I think Kyruegatr will be one more facet in the meta, rather than game breaking. I will say however that it seems to absolutely destroy Donchamp.

OK guys, no more discussion...
95-pokemon-catcher.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back