Should I upgrade to windows 7?

Should I upgrade?

• Total voters

EvilMagikarp

..I wish I had made a different username
Basicly what the title says. I am currently using a two year old computer running vista and was wondering if I should upgrade or not. The main thing I was wondering was if the $120+ price tag was worth all the extra fetures. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Who the hell pays for Windows?

In all serious, if you're running Vista, upgrading to 7 is probably a good idea, it being a better Vista and all. Anything compatible with Vista is good with 7, and it's...y'know, better, like I said.

Question is.
Have you had any issues with Vista?

If you didn't, I won't upgrade just for the newest OS.
Windows 7 has minimum issues with me.

If someone you know is going to college right now, you can get it for $30 ya know. Thats how I got mine : P​

I have been using 7 for almost a year. I like it so much better than Vista. Shop around you should be able to find it for less. For a couple of months last summer, Microsoft was knocking $70 of the price.

Pandamore said:
If someone you know is going to college right now, you can get it for $30 ya know. Thats how I got mine : P​

Do this ^

If i could i would just say yes, as its obvious, but that would be spamming :(

7 has alot of added features. I actually thought it was being sold for $50 or 50$.

Windows 7 is said to be better than Vista. There were a lot of bugs reported in Vista and people say that Windows 7 is said to not have as much as bugs as Vista.

Windows has still a way to go till they get all the costumers attention, and a lot of them start liking Windows. There are still many problems with Windows. I had a lot of problems with Vista when I use it.

It kind of all depends. If you are an avid computer user who runs many programs, R()^^s, or just are frequently using all the features of your computer, it's worth the 30$. You might want to check to see if you can upgrade for free. Depending on where you bought it, you will get a 6 m, 1 yr, or 2 yr warranty. There is a possibility that the warranty includes upgrades. My dad bought a laptop about 8 months before 7 came out, and he got it for free. In conclusion, buy it if you truly feel you need it.

My old desktop ran Windows Vista. I can tell you that my laptop which I now use and has Windows 7, is a lot faster than Vista on my desktop. The program Netbeans, which is useful for making your own Shoddy Server, used to take a long time to do any action. On my laptop, it runs at high speed without changing the priority level of the process. I really like the drag and drop feature as well. I have accidentally saved something in the wrong folder before. It is nice to have that simple of a solution to the problem. I really like Windows 7 a lot and would recommend it.

sonicyellow said:
7 has alot of added features. I actually thought it was being sold for $50 or 50$.

I wish it was:( but at least in Canada an upgrade disk for home premium is $129 and an full instalation disk is $224.

I might take advantage of the $30 for college students deal though.

EvilMagikarp said:
I wish it was:( but at least in Canada an upgrade disk for home premium is $129 and an full instalation disk is $224.

I might take advantage of the $30 for college students deal though.
Amazon is selling that upgrade for $104 + free shipping. Check Staples, Officemax and Office Depot.

i just got windows seven for free
its visually appealing but it doesn't make a difference in any other aspect

Luxrage said:
i just got windows seven for free
its visually appealing but it doesn't make a difference in any other aspect

lucariojr said:
The superbar is rather nifty, but that's really the only difference from (ick) Vista.

It is less of a memory hog.

Pandamore said:

Yeah, software4students right? I got mine there, anybody in high school/college is entitled to one.

I windows Xp and have had the same computer for 5 years now. I don't think you should. Your computer is just fine. And if you don't like what you have now, get a Mac, seriously.

Oh yeah thats right.. but I still don't think he should waste the money on it.

EvilMagikarp said:
Basicly what the title says. I am currently using a two year old computer running vista and was wondering if I should upgrade or not. The main thing I was wondering was if the $120+ price tag was worth all the extra fetures. Any help with this would be appreciated.

If you have a computer with XP I think it is free so do it with XP and you should not have to pay a cent.:)

Back