'Shocking Volt Tackle,' Japan's September Set!

Emerfirek

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe something like the Whimsicott along with that Sigilyph from Plasma Blast in Expanded, comboed with that Garbodor to replenish all the tools you discarded with it? Basically just a modern take on Tool Drop but I don't know how that would actually go in Expanded.
I mean, Whimsi can just be its own deck, just like Kommo-o, but for Garb to hit comparable numbers, I'd like to see maybe a Supporter that functions like kinda the opposite of Clay (a good way to discard a bunch of tools, while Clay was a good way to draw a bunch of items), but idk, maybe that would break Rotom decks in Expanded or sth.

Nyora

A Cat
I personally think, if this Shedinja is the only basic Pokemon in your deck, you automatically lose, as you cant have an Active Pokemon, and if you have no active Pokemon, you lose. But honestly the ruling on this either way is gonna be weird. Dont they rn do it like if you dont have a basic pokemon with x number of mulligans you look at top until you get one? I figure with that, if Shedinja is the basic, you'd not be able to get it either way, and lose, but during that time, would cards Talonflame or Manectric basically be required to not have an instant loss? Any way that might allow Shedinja to be the only basic in a deck REGARDLESS should also come with a new ruling of X number of mulligans allowed a match, otherwise people would take their damn sweet time getting mulligans until they put up their Talonflame or whatever. Not that it's a good idea, but it's a thing.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Think "Alolan Vulpix". That card had seen loads of play back in the day because it was able setup your next turn without requiring energy or the fear of losing a 2 prize basic benchsetter. Thus it became the premier startup card for a many stage 2 decks - at least until Jirachi replaced it.
Back when Alolan Vulpix was playable, the format was about three times slower. They also had 1 retreat.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Whimsicott - Better Gourgeist. Better Gourgeist. in some aspects. 3-4
  • Nincada/Ninjask, Shedinja - very weird basic Shedinja that can be only be used using Ninjask's ability. The atk is expensive on a 30hp mon tho. uugh!! Even with Twin and Welder/turbo patch, not worth it. Fun Fact, this Pokemon can be able to use Turbo Patch. Funny thoughts. 3/3,3-4
  • Garbodor - if Alolan Ninetales wasn't enough because the damage is weak to KO, Garbodor is here. 4

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
That Shedinja is too plagued by issues to be any good, and at the end is just another take on the dang Raticate/Xatu super fang/life drain attack, and one that can't use Dimension Valley/Triple Acceleration Energy to cheat costs for that matter, so it's absolutely worthless.

Whimsicott seems interesting - it maxxes out at 250 damage - unfortunately, Vitality Band and Struggle Gloves won't help you with more damage since I'm fairly sure damage is calculated AFTER they are discarded. A different take on Whimsicott-GX that instead of self-recycling energies uses self-recycling tools, probably going to be fun to play.

Garbodor was just SHORT of being good, but they needed to gimp it with that stupid tool shuffle clause, which means that you need to continuously dump tools to discard in order to keep attacking at all. At least it can work as a finisher in Alolan Ninetales decks, I guess? Just make space for a 1-1 line and Twin Energy for a max 600 damage hit at your late game (most Ninetales lists run 20-25 tools).

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Guys Garbodor is becoming top deck again,if the Rebel Clash one wasn't enough

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
Is that a dead person I see in Shedinja's artwork? I think he stared at Shedinja's back hole.
I think it is. Seriously though, if we share this a lot and hashtag it that Pokemon is purposely portraying a dead body on a TCG card, watch Nintendo completely errata the card in English (like they did with Naked Misty or Harpy Lady in Yu-Gi-Oh, although that was Konami).

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
That Shedinja is too plagued by issues to be any good, and at the end is just another take on the dang Raticate/Xatu super fang/life drain attack, and one that can't use Dimension Valley/Triple Acceleration Energy to cheat costs for that matter, so it's absolutely worthless.

It can use Dimension Valley. Silent Lab would be your stadium of choice though to cheat Shedinja into play, but you could maybe throw in 1 Dimension Valley for good measure.

BTW, that is one giant Ninjask lol.

bunnybird12

Aspiring Trainer
Shedninja plus the Expanded ability-remover Garbodor or Silent Lab could be interesting. It reminds me of Ultra Necrozma.
Is that a dead person I see in Shedinja's artwork? I think he stared at Shedinja's back hole.
Oh my gosh you're right. That's creepy.

Last edited:

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know if this will see tons of standard play right now, but it'll find it's time eventually. Tropical Beach wasn't just in stall decks, though that was a big candidate. And once Jirachi and Dedenne rotate, we won't have as many options either.

But at least we have crobat v to help in drawing those tools again for garb's and/or whimsi's attack involving said tools...

zigzag501

Aspiring Trainer
The Shedinja is really confusing with it being basic but it can only be placed down with Ninjask. Garb seems pretty good. I wish orbeetle V was a bit better hes such a cool mon.

JFlo

Aspiring Trainer
*ANGER*

dang it, a bad Shedinja.

But cool that it breaks the game by being a basic but can't be played. 4 Shedinja 56 energy would be legal according to the rules but you wouldn't be able to play any cards.

EarthwormZim

Aspiring Trainer
So, expanded Marshadow GX, toss Shedinja into the discard, with the Ariados that lets you poison the opponent’s active each turn with its ability on the bench. Basically an easier to set up Raticate BREAK deck with all the utility of a standard Marshadow Box.

CharizaedXbest

Aspiring Trainer
awwww man round attack is coming back
is this a reprint? feels like a reprint
i know this card is in the theme decks

The Fish

0.o
If the Whismur has the Round attack, this could be good. Attacks for a Twin energy, but numbers peak at 200 unless there's some other pokemon with Round...a Meloetta reprint perhaps?