'Shocking Volt Tackle,' Japan's September Set!

I made a pattern about these Special Energy being released since Rebel Clash to the Vs representing it.

Speed L - Toxtricity
Horror P - Dragapult
Heat R - Centriskorch
Hiding D - Eternatus
Powerful C - Salamence
Aroma G - Zarude
Stone F - Coalossal
Wash W - ???
Coating M - ???

That means we will getting W and M Pokemon V which represents these Special Energy in this set.
Probably Pokémon Vmax, I’m calling Kingler and Corviknight

I was writing a positive comment and then I've noticed "If you use this Ability, your turn ends.". Why? Without this clause, it'd actually be pretty decent, and fun to build around. Now it's just meh.

The end your turn part sucks, but couldn't some decks use this in the same way they use Zacian V?

It's like a Tropical Beach on a Pokemon. That's fun.

Don't even care how viable it is though, it's got a decent enough artwork and it's a Snorlax so it's alright in my book.

The plus is that your opponent can't use it like they can Tropical Beach, but the minus is a 130 HP mon on the bench that the opponent can gust up and ko. That said, the decks that would get the most use out of it are the same kind of decks that ran 4x Tropical Beach: tanky, healy stall decks that never actually need to attack.

Edit: Oh, it only ends your turn w/ it trapped in the active? ... I actually don't see a single deck that could possibly benefit from this. Amazing Jirachi, and even TEU Jirachi (w/o Escape Board, but w/ Scoop Up Net), would do a better job digging for cards you need and generally consistencizing decks.

Last edited:
The end your turn part sucks, but couldn't some decks use this in the same way they use Zacian V?
I was thinking basicaly this, too, until I noticed that it needs to be active.
I was writing a positive comment and then I've noticed "If you use this Ability, your turn ends.". Why? Without this clause, it'd actually be pretty decent, and fun to build around. Now it's just meh.
Even with the active thing, I think it would be too good. An extra Crobat V every turn before you attack. Then, though, with both of them, it's too bad, and I don't think it will actually see much play.

I mean Scoop Up Net makes this not really a bad option if you’re going first and run Zacian V as a consistency card anyways?

To people who underestimate this Snorlax:

Think "Alolan Vulpix". That card had seen loads of play back in the day because it was able setup your next turn without requiring energy or the fear of losing a 2 prize basic benchsetter. Thus it became the premier startup card for a many stage 2 decks - at least until Jirachi replaced it.

Snorlax could be seen similarly to it, only harder to KO, and it can also be used on your first turn of play as well. Jirachi right now is much harder to use due to escape board rotating, so there might be some decks that would rather induce the pressure of drawing to a hand of 7 each turn than constantly seeking a switch card for that special combo.

Of course, It really does bait players into using Marnie and reset stamp to remove its usefulness.

I don't know if this will see tons of standard play right now, but it'll find it's time eventually. Tropical Beach wasn't just in stall decks, though that was a big candidate. And once Jirachi and Dedenne rotate, we won't have as many options either.

Probably Pokémon Vmax, I’m calling Kingler and Corviknight
I hope but we expect next Vmax will be Dynamax ones since we've seen enough Gmaxs already.
  • Snorlax - Tropical Beach as an ability as long you can get this out in the Active spot on your next turn. 4

I feel like Whimsicott/Garbodor or Whimsicott/Alolan Ninetales could be a fun deck, not high tier, but nice and fun.

Looks like the first basic Shedinja card, and it's not even a 2-prizer, lol. Is that ability ptcg's take on Special Summon only monsters from Yugioh? It'd be kinda cool to have more of those Special Summoning requirements for big boss mons. How about a big Guzzlord that acts like a Tragoedia if your opponent clears your board while you have it in your hand?

Whimsi can recycle 4x U-Turn Boards for at least 170 damage every turn (unless you get Marnied/Stamped), kinda like the last Kommo-o we got that could do 180 every turn w/ just a single U-Turn Board.

Dunno what new combos this Garb could bring, but maybe sth else in this set will mesh well w/ it. Also, lol, it evolves from not just a Glad bag, but the entire Glad company.

Last edited:
Dunno what new combos this Garb could bring, but maybe sth else in this set will mesh well w/ it. Also, lol, it evolves from not just a Glad bag, but the entire Glad company.
Maybe something like the Whimsicott along with that Sigilyph from Plasma Blast in Expanded, comboed with that Garbodor to replenish all the tools you discarded with it? Basically just a modern take on Tool Drop but I don't know how that would actually go in Expanded.

Back