'Shocking Volt Tackle,' Japan's September Set!

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
I can see Cramorant being used with Lure Balls to keep reusing the Arrokuda.
60 X for each Arrokuda though is pretty broken. and its only for 2 colourless energy!!

I don't think Centiskorch V Max decks will be very happy when this card is released!

Wockomtosh

Aspiring Trainer
Oh how I miss revive and rescue stretcher! I used to play Passimian and I constantly had all my non-prized cards on the bench because of those 2 cards.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I can see Cramorant being used with Lure Balls to keep reusing the Arrokuda.
60 X for each Arrokuda though is pretty broken. and its only for 2 colourless energy!!

I don't think Centiskorch V Max decks will be very happy when this card is released!

Lure Ball rotates out, and more importantly, only recovers evolution Pokemon from discard.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Hooray, now the Cramorant deck is playable!

Also Bea is crazy stupid good accel, yeah, it is supporter for the turn, but with Crobat and Dedenne you can still draw cards, and Oranguru helps setting up energies on top... Fighting decks are gonna be good or at least playable now.

Leon is a niche trainer, a 1-of in most decks, except Charizard which can easily get to 300-330 damage in a single turn... A shame for that RR cost, tho, most of the time you will be relying on Welder instead. Still, I'm glad we have a replacement Charizard for budget decks after TEU rotates.

Emerfirek

Aspiring Trainer
Oh, so Nessa is the way the new Cramorant will work.

Leon seems kinda lackluster, but at least 3 copies can be added to the hand w/ sth like Magneton and then discarded right away w/ Research, Dedenne, or Duskull.

Bea seems like she'll fit in the few [F] minidecks like Excadrill and Hippopotas in Expanded, I guess.

But I really appreciate more kinda-owner's mons that benefit from their owner's cards in some way like the Mach Strike Garchomp and the Claydol from Celestial Storm. Actually, that Claydol's Miraculous Spin attack was kinda like a precursor for this Zard's attack.

CharizaedXbest

Aspiring Trainer
well charizard can hit up to 330, 340 with a band, 350 with fighting energy and dojo, not to mention zigzagoon pings
that is by no means bad
the ability as basically a stronger acro bike
not bad

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I really love the art on that Charizard.
However... I really hate that Leon's in it.

My love of Charizard collecting and my loathing of Leon's god-awful design are really clashing here.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Male Indeedee - ehh. 1
  • Tailow/Swellow - ehh. 2/2
  • Arrokuda, Cramorant - donking machine but it requires more work. 3, 3
  • Charizard - Stage 2, I know. But the ability and attack is good. The ability is Acro Bike but bit aggressive and its on a Stage 2. The atk is payable and doable. It can be payable with Welder, if you have 2 Leon in the discard already, then you use Magneton to search Lt. Surge and 2 Leon, plus Vitality Band, this can do 370 damage. Yeah, it needs more work. 4 Geodudes
  • Hitmontop - ehh. But its a F type and lot of good Pokémon atm are F weak, so why not? OHKO on Eternatus for a Twin Energy ( Martial Arts Dojo needs basic F to do more dmg, keep that mind), with Electrode easily replaces Mismagius, Karate Belt and MAD have a way to cheese the prize thingy. Still ehh for me. 3-4
  • Drednaw - what's the point of this card? In order to loop Paralysis, you need to recover cards turn after turn using Nessa. This has the same thing as Sky Circus, in order to loop Sky Circus, you have to switch your active using Bird Keeper dude. 3
  • Leon - not the same as Kukui since Kukui draws 2 cards, plus 20 more damage, but extra 30 dmg is game-changing. Easily a 1-of in most decks that needs more damage. 5 Geodudes
  • Bea - finally a better way to accelerate F energy. Coalossal is good, but it needs Fire Energy, in order to make its ability has value. 4 Geodudes
  • Nessa - Super Rod for W types. 3-4

momand

Aspiring Trainer
Charizard has multiple redeeming qualities but the fact that he’s a stage 2 makes him suck unfortunately in a meta with ADP and VMAX decks that don’t take much time setting up damage

Emerfirek

Aspiring Trainer
This has the same thing as Sky Circus, in order to loop Sky Circus, you have to switch your active using Bird Keeper dude. 3
One of Bird Keeper's attackers has free retreat though (Swanna) so you can just retreat before Bird Keeping if you want to continuously attack w/ Swanna. You can also alternate btwn a Sky Circus mon and a mon that can attack w/o Keeper (the one I use is Sirfetch'd, lol), so you only have to Keep every other turn, and can play other supporters in btwn.

That said, ya, I'm really disliking how Drednaw has no real synergy w/ Nessa. At least Cynthia had a generic effect that was always active, so she could buff Royal Blades Garchomp whenever it needed it. But if you're all out of cards to recover, you won't even be able to play Nessa. Looks like Cramorant will be Nessa's flagship mon in the tcg instead of Drednaw.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
This Charizard is so obviously pushed and powercreeped that it's kind of disgusting. Not only can it easily reach 300 damage with something like Misty's Favor, it also gets the Zoroark ability for consistency. Hell, it's flexible enough to run support Pokemon to cover other 1-prize decks.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Why I think these cards will be in Champion's Path instead of Vivid Voltage?
And Champion's Path comes a few days after Shocking Volt Tackle!

Nyora

A Cat
This Charizard is so obviously pushed and powercreeped that it's kind of disgusting. Not only can it easily reach 300 damage with something like Misty's Favor, it also gets the Zoroark ability for consistency. Hell, it's flexible enough to run support Pokemon to cover other 1-prize decks.
I'm sorry but gotta hecc on you on that Zoroark ability thing. Zard's is so much worse than zoroark's ability lol. Keeping in mind Cincinno also has Zoro's EXACT ability, stage 1, and it barely sees play. Zoro's problem was ability AND attack being good. Zard's gets you half the cards at the double the effective cost of discarded cards in exchange for a wider selection of cards and no requirement to use. It is not the same at ALL lol, and definitely shouldn't be compared to Zoroark of all things lol.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
It's a stage 2, that alone make this Charizard not a problem