Shipping Singles on Ebay

ahg3117

Aspiring Trainer
I typically put this single (in a top loader) in an envelope and then put that in a bubble mailer, but I feel that there should be a much simpler and cheaper way of doing this. How do you guys ship singles on Ebay, or even on here?

I usually put the card in a sleeve and then put it in a thick top loader. Then I tape up the top of it and ship it in a plain whit envelope with a stamp.

Are "thick" ones the typical UltraPro toploaders? Or do they make special ones that are thicker?

I put the card in a sleeve, then in a toploader (usually UltraPro) and I put some paper on the top. I don't want any tape close to my cards, so it's paper first and then tape. I use a normal white envelope, unless I ship multiple cards.

The way you do it now is how i do it and i duct tape it shut for extra safty

I do what others have said, but I also put some packing tape on the envelope to prevent the hard edges of the toploader from ripping the envelope. I tape the toploader to the envelope, too, to keep it from sliding around in the envelope. And finally, I ship it with a surcharge (20 cents more) to prevent it from going through the auto stamping machine, which can shred envelopes with toploaders in them. I may overdo it a bit, but in the past I've had issues with ripped envelopes, even to the point of the cards being fully exposed, so better safe than sorry.

I tend to go way overboard, but I put the card in a penny sleeve, in a toploader (taped shut with 2 vertical pieces of tape, I know the risk of card damage but I've never had an issue as long as it's done properly), put that in a team bag (ultra pro sells them), then send all of that in a bubble mailer. It's probably unnecessary to go that far, but team bags and bubble mailers are pretty cheap if you buy them in bulk and I've never had a card arrive damaged.

The secret is the sealed top loader. I have never had a card damaged in a sealed top loader. If I am using regular envelope, I will tape the top loader to sheet with addresses on it.

Back