'Shiny Star V' Announced for November, Plus Blastoise and Venusaur VMAX!

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I think I prefer this Frosmoth over our previous Full-Art one, but I'm still not seeing Shiny Wartortle or Dunsparce... T_T

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
THE WHOLE DREEPY LINE PLUS FULL ART V AND VMAX DRAGAPULT AHHHH <3

The fact we're getting every non-Legendary Gen 8 Pokemon in Shiny form is like a dream ;_; I wonder what they'll even do for full-art gold Shinys in the main sets now

Pone

Delta Species is best species
Yesss I'm gonna get the shiny bunnies.

Gonna try to collect the rest of the set, too, like I did for Hidden Fates, but the bunnies are priority.

Wyvu

Aspiring Trainer
An alright set. Not as good as Hidden Fates but better than Champion's Path. I really think they should have waited until they finished the Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra sets to release this, I guess they were just too eager for the Charizard $$$

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I love that all the Galar mons got shiny cards, I don't like that they decided to change the Low Key Toxtricity to the High Key Toxtricity on the non-V card .-.

I do also prefer the SM Shinies compared to these, in that I feel like the SM Shinies looked more unique compared to one another, like you could see that artists specific style, whereas I feel like these Shinies were made to look similar stylewise. I notice this the most when comparing cards made by the same artists from each era (e.g. Kouki Saitou or Misa Tsutsui). It's not that they look bad at all, but I think they just all kinda share the same style

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
Sad there's only Suicune and no Raikou and Entei to match. But the Flapple family got a shiny so I'm happy

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I love that all the Galar mons got shiny cards, I don't like that they decided to change the Low Key Toxtricity to the High Key Toxtricity on the non-V card .-.
Same with how they didn't do male Indeedee on the regular shiny. Would have been cool to have both those forms represented. I prefer Toxtricity's Amped(?) form to Low-Key, but it's the same situation where it'd be nice to see the other form on it too.

I do also prefer the SM Shinies compared to these, in that I feel like the SM Shinies looked more unique compared to one another, like you could see that artists specific style, whereas I feel like these Shinies were made to look similar stylewise. I notice this the most when comparing cards made by the same artists from each era (e.g. Kouki Saitou or Misa Tsutsui). It's not that they look bad at all, but I think they just all kinda share the same style
I think the big thing that pushes these slightly ahead of Sun and Moon's shinies for me is that the cards themselves have a better shine/texturing to them. I think the art is still quite nice, and even if somewhat consistent stylewise I don't mind it as much. But the foiling and the texture, plus the little dashes of color on the backgrounds? It works a lot for them I think. I totally get what you mean about wanting a bit more variation like Sun and Moon's, though!

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
Same with how they didn't do male Indeedee on the regular shiny. Would have been cool to have both those forms represented. I prefer Toxtricity's Amped(?) form to Low-Key, but it's the same situation where it'd be nice to see the other form on it too.

I think the big thing that pushes these slightly ahead of Sun and Moon's shinies for me is that the cards themselves have a better shine/texturing to them. I think the art is still quite nice, and even if somewhat consistent stylewise I don't mind it as much. But the foiling and the texture, plus the little dashes of color on the backgrounds? It works a lot for them I think. I totally get what you mean about wanting a bit more variation like Sun and Moon's, though!
Yes, indeed! I love the new burst pattern on these new Shinies a bit more than the previous Shiny pattern! It adds a bit more pizazz compared to the simple light-ray pattern of the SM Shinies!

pizzablade

Aspiring Trainer
Meh. Just a bunch of gen 8 trash as expected.

Nowhere near as hype as Hidden Fates. The only reason this set will be in demand is because of the stupid Charizards.

MeatBrick64

Aspiring Trainer

Nowhere near as hype as Hidden Fates. The only reason this set will be in demand is because of the stupid Charizards.
lol how? it’s a SWSH-era set. i think it’s great that the entire roster of new pokémon in gen 8 gets shinies

Duck Murray

Aspiring Trainer
*scrolling through the card*

I wonder if they did a Ducklett card, I hope there is.

*sees Ducklett card*

SCREAMS IN HAPPINESS

Shuppetwithagun

Aspiring Trainer

Yeah what are you talking about. It is gen 8 of course that would take priority plus if it was the same Pokémon that Hidden Fates got then it wouldn’t be very interesting to buy for some people.

Wyvu

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah what are you talking about. It is gen 8 of course that would take priority plus if it was the same Pokémon that Hidden Fates got then it wouldn’t be very interesting to buy for some people.

Well, I mean the variety would be a lot more interesting if they waited until the DLC expansions to release a wider variety of Pokémon from all three Dexes. Tbqh it'd be way cooler if shiny Charizard VMAX had Venusaur and Blastoise counterparts to go with it.