'Shining Fates' is February's Special Set!

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I'm glad the full art Supporters are in the base set this time instead of locked behind the Shiny Vault. But... Marnie's just straight up missing?
vs9AG.gif

Okay??

Well, I guess there's still a handful of cards I'm still looking forward to, but that's a very bizarre choice.

o7yourdesires

Aspiring Trainer
I'm glad the full art Supporters are in the base set this time instead of locked behind the Shiny Vault. But... Marnie's just straight up missing?
vs9AG.gif

Okay??

Well, I guess there's still a handful of cards I'm still looking forward to, but that's a very bizarre choice.
I wonder if they’ll include it in Battle Styles making it harder to get. Lillie’s 2nd full art was in Ultra Prism

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
Huh... looks like the FA Marnie is missing. That only leaves the Shiny Zard VMAX as the big star player of the Vault! Too bad that won't sway the scalping situation, now made infinitely times worse thanks to Mr. $2M on SIX Base Set BBs over here...

Where IS the FA Marnie going to pop up, anyway? She was the most expensive card in Shiny Star V... if she comes out swinging as a promo, her value is going to drop quite a bit!

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
So, without FA Marnie, top billing for the most expensive card in the regular set is undoubtedly going to the FA Skyla. You do NOT underestimate the Waifu Tax when it comes to Pokemon cards! As for the Vault, looking at cards BESIDES you-know-who, my money's on the Gold Eternatus VMAX taking top prize for all the non-Zards in the Vault! Eternatus is still the hottest deck this side of ADPZ right now, so expect the Gold cards to go through the roof!

o7yourdesires

Aspiring Trainer
Huh... looks like the FA Marnie is missing. That only leaves the Shiny Zard VMAX as the big star player of the Vault! Too bad that won't sway the scalping situation, now made infinitely times worse thanks to Mr. $2M on SIX Base Set BBs over here...

Where IS the FA Marnie going to pop up, anyway? She was the most expensive card in Shiny Star V... if she comes out swinging as a promo, her value is going to drop quite a bit!
My guess is Battle Styles

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
I do not look forward to the waifu tax AND scalper tax on Skyla.

My Skyla collecting days are over :'C

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if they’ll include it in Battle Styles making it harder to get. Lillie’s 2nd full art was in Ultra Prism
I made a partial yet accurate set list and no room for Marnie there. Maybe it's a Block D card, making it inappropriate to a set consists of 99% Block E cards.

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
I made a partial yet accurate set list and no room for Marnie there. Maybe it's a Block D card, making it inappropriate to a set consists of 99% Block E cards.
Yeah, the sell sheet for battle styles mentioned 6 FA supporters which we already have from the Japanese sets. Assuming Marnie is going to be saved as a promo for some big premium collection again

in other news Australia just had the shining fates release delayed by a month, hopefully it's so they can allocate more stock

Jean Luc

Aspiring Trainer
For a collector it is really frustrating that shining fates and battle styles are so close to each other in release dates, it is just too much. Nevertheless, the set is beautiful, I love the amazing rares, especially Kyogre

Bones

Aspiring Trainer
All online product I've seen in North America lists the V Boltund etc. tins as having 6 boosters but product opening looks like they have 5 boosters. Can anyone confirm if there are 5 or 6? The tins aren't the awesome deal I thought if they only have 5...