'Shining Fates' is February's Special Set!

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Well, if the printers really do heat up again after the pandemic, this is the big test for TPCi and its approach to customers.
Either they print to demand and destroy the scalper market by constantly replenishing the shelves; or they'll give up to the dollar and signal they intend to underprint and limit sets, as it turns cardboard into bills.
And the bubble is going to pop, sooner or later, when all of the consumers that actually wanted to buy these cards give up and go play something else.

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
The main set will have 72 cards (not including possible secret rares). We know this, as LeonHart was sent some cards from the set early:
Its cool to see that the already released Vs are in the set, it means that crobat v should be in there too I think?

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
i dont think the eternatus are going to be part of the shiny subset and rather will just be normal SRs, which would more than likely mean crobat doubles up in the main set and the promo? not bad business decision if true

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
i dont think the eternatus are going to be part of the shiny subset and rather will just be normal SRs, which would more than likely mean crobat doubles up in the main set and the promo? not bad business decision if true
We had gold tapus and FA Supporters in the first SV. They'll be in Shiny Vault

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
If anyone who plans on buying and reselling these for big prices is reading this... think about this for a moment.

Your job is to inconvenience everyone who wants to buy Pokemon cards. Your JOB is literally to make sure that the kids in your area are disappointed when they go to the store. It is your job to make people UNHAPPY. That is what you choose to do with your life.

shame

Most of the preorders sold out and with the stores, I talked to they don't know if they can get anything from distributors. And those who do sell shining fates ETB sell for more than double the price. The cheapest I did find was 140 euros + 14 euro shipping. With Hidden Fates had the same issue but at least I did manage to get each tin and pin boxes and a European version premium box for regular price in other words 25 packs total but yea got lucky and pulled shiny Charizard.

To be honest, I won't even bother trying to buy these products despite how awesome they look, I guess time to let this speculative bubble blow up since it only ruins the fan community.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
If anyone who plans on buying and reselling these for big prices is reading this... think about this for a moment.

Your job is to inconvenience everyone who wants to buy Pokemon cards. Your JOB is literally to make sure that the kids in your area are disappointed when they go to the store. It is your job to make people UNHAPPY. That is what you choose to do with your life.

shame
I couldn't agree more!
The main set will be a “mishmash” formed from various Japanese products. Any new cards will come from Japan’s Shiny Star V, the Starter Set VMAX Blastoise / Venusaur decks, the VMAX Special Set, and some random Japanese promo cards. The rest will be direct reprints.
Well, that only gives us 31 original cards, unless I'm missing something. That's going to be a LOT of direct reprints. At least this means Crobat V is gonna drop in price, since we're almost certainly going to get a Crobat V reprint. Should also make Dragapult VMAX less expensive (I'm surprised how expensive that thing still is).
My question... do you think that the Shiny Vault cards from this set will be comparable in value to those from Hidden Fates? If not, will they be more or less? I'm trying to get a reasonable idea of how much the cards (especially the Lapras V/VMAX and Cramorant/V) will cost.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
TPCI is going to have to make a business decision soon. Because of the scalpers they are going to lose a lot of people that don't want to pay 2-3x the price.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!

shame
If that worked, they wouldn't be scalpers in the first place. "Empathy" is not in their vocabulary.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.

shame

If that worked, they wouldn't be scalpers in the first place. "Empathy" is not in their vocabulary.
Well, it was worth a try. And he IS right.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Long story short:

If you live in the US, or any country that Pokemon Center serves, order Crobat V Max box from pokemoncenter.com when street date comes, where scalpers do not have the power to hike prices, and where everything is sold for ARP(Actual Retail Price)...

Elsewhere, keep eyes on stores until it shows up. Look early in the day, when no one else is up and about for the best chance of finding one, or if you can't, look everywhere every day for an opportunity to buy, and snag it before anyone else does!

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
Lysandre's orders and Juniper's research will add a little variety to decks, which is nice. Shame they don't have full art versions in this set, though

Scoop

Literally a sheep
While this set isn't going to be possible to find, I do appreciate the fact that Crobat V is being included in the main-set. Making a good card more accessible, in theory, is the way to go for something so important in decks. I also like that the Full Art Supporters are in the main set.

I also think this main set is a step up from Hidden Fates (Lol, almost called it "Hidden Legends"), otherwise. You've got Boss and Juniper, both great cards, a fun selection of Ultras and it isn't just... Generations III: More Kanto Junk like Hidden Fates was. While it still is leftover cards in Japan we never got, it's still fun leftover cards, and still a step up from Hidden Fates regardless.

Remaining hopeful that the pull rates remain similar to Hidden Fates. It's a fun set to open up if you can find it. I'm not actively hunting for anything for a while, since it's just sort of a losing game as of now with Scalpers running amok and low supply that can't meet demand. But I do like what I see here, regardless.

EDIT: Huh. Full Art Marnie is missing. Strange... Perhaps they're saving it for something else, but you'd think it'd be included with the rest of them.

Last edited:

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Hey. You.

Yes you, the one who's reading this.

Be a jolly good fellow. Don't clean the shelf of these.