'Shining Fates' is February's Special Set!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Expect Shiny cards to be place on Rev holo slots, same thing as Amazing Rares in the set, according to the leaks a month ago

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
As neat as this set is, I kind of wish the 25th anniversary set was actually celebrating the history of the franchise. The cards from the base part of this set will probably just be

1) Japan's league trainer promos (Greedent V and such)
2) Blastoize/Venusaur VMAX deck cards (Celebi and Volcanion's outlines are on the Pikachu V box) and
3) the few new cards from Shiny Star V

Stalltar

Aspiring Trainer
As neat as this set is, I kind of wish the 25th anniversary set was actually celebrating the history of the franchise. The cards from the base part of this set will probably just be

1) Japan's league trainer promos (Greedent V and such)
2) Blastoize/Venusaur VMAX deck cards (Celebi and Volcanion's outlines are on the Pikachu V box) and
3) the few new cards from Shiny Star V
Shining fates feels more like precursor to a “true” 25th anniversary set like generations was to evolutions. Shining fates is even coming out the same month generations did.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Shining fates feels more like precursor to a “true” 25th anniversary set like generations was to evolutions. Shining fates is even coming out the same month generations did.

I guess, but Generations at least had a consistent theme, I feel. Most of the set was Kanto, since, well, Red and Green had come out 20 years ago. While Shining Fates will have some Pokémon from all generations, that's not really intentional, they just happen to be the cards that need to be released internationally.

Evolutions was also a set mostly celebrating the TCGs 20th anniversary. Generations/Shining Fates is for the entire franchise's birthday

Pone

Delta Species is best species
rofl They didn't even try with the name on this one. Oh well, they'll still sell out right away because ChArLiZoRd.

I actually just went into my local shop to preorder the ETB and they told me I'm not even the first one to do so. The news is 5 hours old and already it's selling out. Ludicrous.

LexGoyle

Aspiring Trainer
Yea good times but is it me but I feel like the Pokemon company should think about how to reduce prices on their products. Back in old days could have finish individual sets within the 200$ range alone. Now with 500$ can hope that 85% of the set will be collected. Ok, I go watch a movie, getting frustrated.
Amen to that. These things are already pretty expensive as is; worse when they're locked behind a boxed collection/ETB only. Sure as heck don't trust folks selling single packs. With demand for these cards up so high I worry that the counterfeit market is going to amp up so even buying singles feels it comes with more of a risk now. But now we can't even buy these at retail pricing and TCPi sells out so fast it's insane. I'm on week 3 of waiting on my champion's path pinbox order which I'm sure will be cancelled. Ironic considering they own the printshops :p

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
who even cares at this point

nobody's going to be able to get the set anyway

i'm so tired

PiratekingRuffy

Aspiring Trainer
So for my understanding the “Mad Party Pin Collections” doesn't have Shiny Promo Cards? Thanks God.

And 6 booster packs for the Tins are pretty good.

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
I know it won’t happen but it would be nice if they did what they did for Japan’s special sets and did a V or better in each pack, especially if they reprinted playable cards like in Japan

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
I know it won’t happen but it would be nice if they did what they did for Japan’s special sets and did a V or better in each pack, especially if they reprinted playable cards like in Japan
Shiny Star V could have a V or better in each pack because it had over 190 cards in the set, with probably over 30 possible non-shiny V/VMAXs (I don’t feel like checking for the actual number). We should be happy that given the size of our mini-sets, we’re usually at least guaranteed to get a holo or better.

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
Shiny Star V could have a V or better in each pack because it had over 190 cards in the set, with probably over 30 possible non-shiny V/VMAXs (I don’t feel like checking for the actual number). We should be happy that given the size of our mini-sets, we’re usually at least guaranteed to get a holo or better.

I'd agree with that, if our holos were worth anything. Because of the power creep, and big basics, holos are basically worthless, financially or gameplay wise (notable exceptions relatively recently are Jirachi and Oranguru, or ya know any Zard). I agree with @Ilexon on this one, I'd rather have these huge sets like theirs and have good cards guaranteed, rather than a shoddy holo at the end of every pack. Even then, their "huge sets" are smaller than our regular sets if you don't count secrets anyways, so what's it matter.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I guess, but Generations at least had a consistent theme, I feel. Most of the set was Kanto, since, well, Red and Green had come out 20 years ago. While Shining Fates will have some Pokémon from all generations, that's not really intentional, they just happen to be the cards that need to be released internationally.

Evolutions was also a set mostly celebrating the TCGs 20th anniversary. Generations/Shining Fates is for the entire franchise's birthday
I think its impossible to get another Gen 1-locked set. You see, expect the ARs in the set since they were revealed early, based on what I said before

treeckonation

Treecko is a good pokemon
I still haven't had a chance to buy Hidden Fates ETB and Pokeball editions, from Champion Path all 6 pin boxes haven't bought and now in February, this cool looking set will come out and caugh caugh, why I have a feeling this will be sold out during preorder by the scalpers zzz.

The Pokemon company has to start reprinting many of the sets that disappeared so fast. At this point I am not even trying to hunt for each set of cards for my collection, I can't even get many of these products one of each.
im my area champions path is non-existent

LexGoyle

Aspiring Trainer
we need to ask pokemon to extreme overprint this set
I agree. Champion's Path is still pretty easy to get... if you pay a scalper which now includes even some formerly trustworthy card shops who have joined on the scalping citing "supply/demand" but we know that's a load of bull given the sheer availability of seriously marked up product.

treeckonation

Treecko is a good pokemon
I agree. Champion's Path is still pretty easy to get... if you pay a scalper which now includes even some formerly trustworthy card shops who have joined on the scalping citing "supply/demand" but we know that's a load of bull given the sheer availability of seriously marked up product.
its because of stupid charizard vmax boxes with a charizard V full art promo and shiny charizard V in the set