'Shining Fates' is February's Special Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Dec 2, 2020.

1. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

They won't do that. TPCi won't put money in every boosters, you have to invest for it. Who knows you'll get 2 Vs in one pack... one is shiny and one isn't.

2. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

Expect Shiny cards to be place on Rev holo slots, same thing as Amazing Rares in the set, according to the leaks a month ago

JayMankey likes this.
  3. Shinxed3 Get Shinxed bro
    Shinxed3

As neat as this set is, I kind of wish the 25th anniversary set was actually celebrating the history of the franchise. The cards from the base part of this set will probably just be

1) Japan's league trainer promos (Greedent V and such)
    2) Blastoize/Venusaur VMAX deck cards (Celebi and Volcanion's outlines are on the Pikachu V box) and
    3) the few new cards from Shiny Star V

Coolpilot, Oddish22 and Skeleton Liar like this.
  4. Stalltar Aspiring Trainer
    Stalltar

Shining fates feels more like precursor to a “true” 25th anniversary set like generations was to evolutions. Shining fates is even coming out the same month generations did.

JayMankey likes this.
  5. Shinxed3 Get Shinxed bro
    Shinxed3

I guess, but Generations at least had a consistent theme, I feel. Most of the set was Kanto, since, well, Red and Green had come out 20 years ago. While Shining Fates will have some Pokémon from all generations, that's not really intentional, they just happen to be the cards that need to be released internationally.

Evolutions was also a set mostly celebrating the TCGs 20th anniversary. Generations/Shining Fates is for the entire franchise's birthday

6. CardPone Delta Species is best species
    CardPone

rofl They didn't even try with the name on this one. Oh well, they'll still sell out right away because ChArLiZoRd.

I actually just went into my local shop to preorder the ETB and they told me I'm not even the first one to do so. The news is 5 hours old and already it's selling out. Ludicrous.

Coolpilot likes this.
  7. LexGoyle Aspiring Trainer
    LexGoyle

I would absolutely love for them to repeat history here. Sooo not a fan of scalpers.

8. LexGoyle Aspiring Trainer
    LexGoyle

For sure. I thought it was messed up that each pack did NOT include something from the shiny vault like previous radiant collections.

9. LexGoyle Aspiring Trainer
    LexGoyle

Amen to that. These things are already pretty expensive as is; worse when they're locked behind a boxed collection/ETB only. Sure as heck don't trust folks selling single packs. With demand for these cards up so high I worry that the counterfeit market is going to amp up so even buying singles feels it comes with more of a risk now. But now we can't even buy these at retail pricing and TCPi sells out so fast it's insane. I'm on week 3 of waiting on my champion's path pinbox order which I'm sure will be cancelled. Ironic considering they own the printshops :p

Coolpilot and JayMankey like this.
  10. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

who even cares at this point

nobody's going to be able to get the set anyway

i'm so tired

11. PiratekingRuffy Aspiring Trainer
    PiratekingRuffy

So for my understanding the “Mad Party Pin Collections” doesn't have Shiny Promo Cards? Thanks God.

And 6 booster packs for the Tins are pretty good.

JayMankey likes this.
  12. Ilexon Aspiring Trainer
    Ilexon

I know it won’t happen but it would be nice if they did what they did for Japan’s special sets and did a V or better in each pack, especially if they reprinted playable cards like in Japan

Coolpilot, Wavestripe, ShaQuL and 2 others like this.
  13. Timmony_tcg Aspiring Trainer
    Timmony_tcg

Shiny Star V could have a V or better in each pack because it had over 190 cards in the set, with probably over 30 possible non-shiny V/VMAXs (I don’t feel like checking for the actual number). We should be happy that given the size of our mini-sets, we’re usually at least guaranteed to get a holo or better.

JayMankey likes this.
  14. ShaQuL That's what I do, I clown on you.
    ShaQuL

I'd agree with that, if our holos were worth anything. Because of the power creep, and big basics, holos are basically worthless, financially or gameplay wise (notable exceptions relatively recently are Jirachi and Oranguru, or ya know any Zard). I agree with @Ilexon on this one, I'd rather have these huge sets like theirs and have good cards guaranteed, rather than a shoddy holo at the end of every pack. Even then, their "huge sets" are smaller than our regular sets if you don't count secrets anyways, so what's it matter.

Coolpilot and Skeleton Liar like this.
  15. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

I think its impossible to get another Gen 1-locked set. You see, expect the ARs in the set since they were revealed early, based on what I said before

16. treeckonation Treecko is a good pokemon
    treeckonation

time to start saving

17. treeckonation Treecko is a good pokemon
    treeckonation

we need to ask pokemon to extreme overprint this set

LexGoyle likes this.
  18. treeckonation Treecko is a good pokemon
    treeckonation

im my area champions path is non-existent

19. LexGoyle Aspiring Trainer
    LexGoyle

I agree. Champion's Path is still pretty easy to get... if you pay a scalper which now includes even some formerly trustworthy card shops who have joined on the scalping citing "supply/demand" but we know that's a load of bull given the sheer availability of seriously marked up product.

20. treeckonation Treecko is a good pokemon
    treeckonation

its because of stupid charizard vmax boxes with a charizard V full art promo and shiny charizard V in the set

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 12 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?