'Shining Fates' is February's Special Set!

LexGoyle

Aspiring Trainer
To be honest it is a little hard to get excited for this considering how hard it's been to get either Hidden Fates or Champion's Path with so many investors and scalpers in the fold now. On top of that it's a pretty massive set for something that's not available as single packs or booster boxes.

Kumaquat

Collecting Birbs
I have been wanting a Cramorant V box forever now so I'll take this tin as a replacement.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Remember how they once reprinted Roaring Skies and completely shattered the scalper market?

Good times.

Kaizaac

Aspiring Trainer
Tins are good, each with a competitively viable card. Toxtricity pack art looks cool. ETB with Eevee is cool.

Edit: Pack arts are: Shiny Toxtricity, Shiny Gmax Charizard, Shiny Dragapult, and what I think might be a Shiny Lapras, Grimmsnarl or Crobat. Not sure about that one.

Luk3

Aspiring Trainer
Hope we can pull the reg Shiny cards in the Reverse slot and the shiny V or V max in the holo slot... all in he same pack like Shiny Star V!

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
The set name is so wonderfully lazy and I love it! What I'm NOT gonna love is never being able to get this set, ditto for HF and CP. I know comments like this are basically beating a dead and very well-known horse at this point, but Logan Paul's brief stay in the hobby really was a blessing and a massive curse for casual collectors, because now there are even more people than ever before that can hamper the availability of TCG products. I'm especially disappointed with the CP situation, because unlike HF or this new set, the Zards in CP were just slapped in last minute to make money and cause headaches for anyone who isn't a scalper. At least with Hidden/Shining Fates, there's an entire subset of chase cards that can balance out the presence of any Zards and make the set more worthwhile to collect! I really hope that all major stores and outlets will have legal ways to combat the scalping situation, otherwise, I fear that Shining Fates will be a lost cause for almost everyone!

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
Even the logo is pretty much the same?! I’m super excited for this set, I really want to get the Cramorant V tin!

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Uh! Shining Legends and Hidden Fates combined! Shining Fates! There. That's our new set name. Please clap.

I mean, it could be a fun set, depending on how available it is. It's nice that the tins actually feature shiny Pokemon V. And it's at least neat the the pin collections have a Mad Party theme. Wouldn't be surprised if the main set is a handful of new cards from Shiny Star V and reprints of Gen 1 Pokemon from previous SwSh sets, though.

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
Even though online shops are basically guaranteed to instantly seek out hopefully these will be findable in big retailers or ideally hobby shops. Last time I went to a GAME they had some champions path stuff

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
I am pleased to see all of these branch-outs for product themes and ideas. The Mad Partiers scoring their own name-checked products is definitely a left-field play, and I love it!

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
I still haven't had a chance to buy Hidden Fates ETB and Pokeball editions, from Champion Path all 6 pin boxes haven't bought and now in February, this cool looking set will come out and caugh caugh, why I have a feeling this will be sold out during preorder by the scalpers zzz.

The Pokemon company has to start reprinting many of the sets that disappeared so fast. At this point I am not even trying to hunt for each set of cards for my collection, I can't even get many of these products one of each.

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
Remember how they once reprinted Roaring Skies and completely shattered the scalper market?

Good times.

Yea good times but is it me but I feel like the Pokemon company should think about how to reduce prices on their products. Back in old days could have finish individual sets within the 200$ range alone. Now with 500$ can hope that 85% of the set will be collected. Ok, I go watch a movie, getting frustrated.