Shiftry NV

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'
Here's a card I personally thought was very, very interesting.

Shiftry – Darkness – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Nuzleaf

Ability: Giant Fan
You can use this Ability 1 time when you play this card from your hand to Evolve a Pokemon. Flip a coin, if heads choose 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon. Return that Pokemon and all cards attached to it to your opponent’s deck, then shuffle the deck.

[D][D][C] Whirlwind: 60 damage. Switch your opponent’s Active Pokemon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokemon. (Your opponent chooses the Pokemon to bring Active.)

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 1

Its attack obviously isn't great (with some Special Dark, it could be okay), but I feel like its Ability could make it great. With a 4-4-4 Shiftry line, some Seeker, SSU, it could prove to be a good card. I don't know whether it would be a main attacker or a bench-sitter, but it could definitely serve some purpose. This thing can take out Vileplume, Reuniclus, Gothitelle, Magnezone, anything that takes a lot of energy, even stuff that doesn't take a lot of energy.

Any ideas?

I would honestly wait until it comes out before I decide what I might play with this card, but I have considered playing this before but i was waiting to see if the text is changed or anything

It could be a good deck, but to use a lot of resources to get a Shiftry out and flip tails will be a problem. It also isn't always useful, for example against Donphan Dragons. Shuffling in one of there Dragons won't be game changing at all. If you run this cards, run a high Judge count though. Giant Fan up a Magnezone, and Judge will make it really hard for your opponent to keep up.

I can see it being a 1-1-1 or 2-2-2 tech, but nothing more than that. Its attack isn't useful, it will be somewhat hard to get out, and its Ability is flippy. Yes, if you hit heads it can shift the game, but if you hit tails you have a dead weight on your bench. Plus late-game it will be Catcher fodder.

But for the record if Rare Candy wasn't nerfed I could see this as a deck.

I love this Shiftry, it is such a creative card concept, but it seems to be that the Pokemon Company loves printing Shiftrys that are almost playable. Its attack is obviously trash, so it wouldn't ever be good enough to make a straight deck, however I could see it being a tech in some stage 2 decks, especially if that deck has an issue against another deck with hard to set up bench techs or main attackers. The coin flip could very well kill this card too, because with a tails, you just wasted so much time setting it up.

First off, shiftry is not in Nobel VIctories. its from hail blizzard and psycho drive

second, drifblim would be much better and more effective specially with catcher

ogeray said:
First off, shiftry is not in Nobel VIctories. its from hail blizzard and psycho drive

second, drifblim would be much better and more effective specially with catcher

1st thing: Drifblim is not in the current format. Second thing: Drifblim needs to attack so it can only be used once a turn. Third thing: Drifblim requires 3 colorless, which means its impossible to charge it in 1 turn in a format without boost energy (although the only place you'd play Drifblim is unlimited, but oh well). Fourth thing: Drifblim shuffles itself into the deck, so it can't be used a bunch.

Ummm.... Drifblim is in this format, it is in Undaunted... Yeah. I agree with your argument for the most part though. Drifblim with Catcher is much worse for all of the reason listed above, and because it can't get rid of Plumes.

Sorry, not NV then... PD/HB.

But yeah, Drifblim's nothing close to this. It's not even that similar. Shiftry's good for its ability to take out the bench and then have something attack the Active.

If only Victini's Ability worked on other Abilities...

I just had an epic idea!!! you could use this with weavile!!!--giant fan up for example a magnazone and then set weavile down and discard it!!!!! that would be epic!!!!!!

and another thing- if you ran this with drifblim you could--seeker up an oponents pokemon, then giant fan them, then judge, then use drifblims attack--THAT WOULD BE THE MOST EPIC PLAY EVER!!!!!!

but lets not forget, you can only use this when you evolve ur nuzleaf =( and its a coin flip =(--but it keeps the card ballanced

joe said:
I just had an epic idea!! you could use this with weavile!!!--giant fan up for example a magnazone and then set weavile down and discard it!!!!! that would be epic!!!!!!

and another thing- if you ran this with drifblim you could--seeker up an oponents pokemon, then giant fan them, then judge, then use drifblims attack--THAT WOULD BE THE MOST EPIC PLAY EVER!!!

but lets not forget, you can only use this when you evolve ur nuzleaf =( and its a coin flip =(--but it keeps the card ballanced
1. Giant fan sends it back to the deck, not hand.
2.Your saying your going to play seeker and judge on the same turn?

Kyroid said:
1. Giant fan sends it back to the deck, not hand.
2.Your saying your going to play seeker and judge on the same turn?

>.<...why must u riun my fun trevor.....and i need learn to read more.....

I really don't think it will work. You have to evolve into shifty use use it's ability and flip heads. You only have one shot at doing this. You cold only destroy a 1 active and 2 benches max too. The deck just wont work.

Yeah, seems like a lot of work and luck is involved in this. I love shiftry, one of my favorite pokemon, but it never gets a good card.

Meh, with a bench full of Nuzleafs + Seekers/SSU/Junk Arm, you'd be flipping an average of two heads on four evolves, plus one for the seeker, meaning with a KO you could take out 4 of their Pokemon in one turn, leaving them with some piece of crap active for you to KO next turn ftw.

/Theorymon

How about Drifblim/Shiftry/Ditto.Epic if it could be pulled off.

Play Ditto (bench = 4) + 1st Shiftry (bench = 3) + Seeker (bench = 2) + 2nd Shiftry (bench =1) + 3rd Shiftry (bench = 0) + Drifblim takes the Active. Highly unlikely but could you amagine your opponents face when you just removed all the pokemon on their side of the field.:D

If only we had BTS, that could actually work. It would be just too ridiculous.

I guess this card should be set aside for now... maybe later.

Back