Shaymin EX (NXD # 5) {12/10/12}

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
296d850.png

Card of the Day: Shaymin EX​
5-shaymin-ex.jpg

Pros
-Grass typing allows him to take on terrakion and keldeo with reletive ease.
-The possibility to do 180 for just 2 energies.
-Energy acceleration attack.
-Decent bottom stats

Cons
-110 HP is terrible for an EX.
-Very bad early game.
-Relies on opponent taking prizes to do be big damage

I think it's a pretty risky card. If you play it when you're ahead of prizes, you won't hit for much. But if you play it when you're losing, you'll hit for max damage, but risk having your opponent take a win. Ironically, I think it's best to use when you're already a prize or 2 away from winning. It basically ensures victory because even if they can catch up in prizes, that will only help power shaymin up.

Playability 8/10: (hard to rate)
Artwork: (10/10) I like the full art.

IMO the best EX in format.

The card is very splashable, meaning you can put it in just about any deck that uses Blend Energy. However, you do need to play it properly in order to maximize it's effectiveness. This means playing the card only when you have good insight on your opponents options as well as the ability to take 2-3 prizes before Shaymin EX is knocked out. It's also phenomenal when you're both down to the last prize as you can knock out almost anything on the same turn you play it. However, the main drawback with the card, as pokedan24 stated, is starting with it or drawing into it early game. There is nothing worse than a Shaymin EX start and for that reason I wouldn't use more than one in a deck.

A great 1 of card in almost any deck IMO. If you're behind on prizes it's the best way to gain a bit of momentum, plus it just trolls Blastoise/Keldeo all day long. Starting with it would be bad, but then again running enough copies of Shaymin EX for that to happen is also bad. Keep it at 1, 2 at the max.

9/10

Back