• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Sharkking (Xerneas scare)

Pokemom

Pokémon Professor
We upgraded his deck and he beat the teacher today! :D

Experience: Novice

Pokemon
  • 3 Xerneas EX XY 97
  • 1 Xerneas EX XY 146
  • 2 Xerneas XY 96
  • 1 Virizion EX PLB 9
  • 1 Venusaur EX XY141
  • 1 Venusaur EX XY 1
  • 1 M Venusaur EX XY 2
  • 2 Spritzee XY 92
  • 2 Aromatisse XY 93

Trainers
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 3 Skyla
  • 4 Virbank City Gym
  • 4 N
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Fairy Garden
  • 2 Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer

Energy
  • 7 Grass
  • 7 Fairy

Strategy
Same Strategy, better cards. :D
Personally, I have the feeling he's playing with too many EX cards, but he loves it.
Strategy
The idea we had ont his deck was to beat the opponent with the Xerneas EX cards.
We put Virizion EX in there to protect the Xerneas EX cards, because they can have colourless energy's, you replace them with grass and Virizion can protect them.
Because Xerneas can only do 140 damage, we put in Mr. Mime to help him with the orther 40 damage on the big EX cards.
We put in Spritzee and Aromatisse to help with the energy's.
And Xerneas could help the Xerneas EX cards.
We put in Venusaur because we already had Grass Energy's in there and maybe he could be a help.

A lot of trainer cards we just put in because you guys told us so, like N and Skyla.
The Max revive we put in to revive Virizion if he was defeated, because he has to protect the Xerneas ex.
My son said you have to put in the fairy garden if you play fairy, so we did. ;)
The evosoda we put in to help Aromatisse and the red card sounded like a great card to confuse the opponent when you had the feeling your about to lose. :D

Sure curious what you all think about this!
(My next goal is to learn how to play. ;) )

So I understand that your son really wants to use M venusaur EX? I may be able to work around that. Other than that here are my suggestions:
-3 switch
The main reason to use switch over other cards like fairy garden (which you already have) and float stone is that it can get a pokemon out of the active regardless of any special conditions on the active pokemon, but you have virizion ex, which prevents special conditions, so yeah....
-3 max revive
You said this was for if your virizion ex is ko'd, but your virizion ex will never be active (hopefully) but if it does you can use super rod which lets you get back 3 in any combination of pokemon and basic energy.
+1 super rod
-2 professor's letter
Professor's letter is good, but three is over excessive.
-2 hypnotoxic laser
-1 red card
These are only good if you have 4 of them and you don't have the space for four of them.
-2 virbank
You aren't going to run lasers, so why have virbank?
-3 Mr. Mime
So mr mime is for the extra 40 damage. Xerneas ex has a first attack that does 20 more damage AND snipes 30 to the bench to setup future ko's for xerneas ex.
-6 grass
-2 fairy
16 is too much energy.
Onto the additions
+1 xerneas (normal)
This is your ideal starter. You always want to get him active so you can use Geomancy.
+2 mewtwo ex/yveltal ex
You can use this as a secondary attacker.
+1-1 Aromatisse
You can abuse his ability to the max with max potion.
+1 professor syncamore
+1 n
+1 skyla
+1 computer search
The more draw and search, The more consistent, the more consistent, the more wins.
+4 rainbow energy
+2 prism energy.
With these you can move them around with Aromatisse and get rid of status conditions with virizion ex.
+4 max potion
With these you can deny your opponent prizes. Oh and your son has to say a dikembe mutombo quote when he plays this card.

Now you have three extra spaces to play around with.

Strategy:
Use xerneas to fuel up your attackers (xerneas ex and mewtwo ex/yveltal ex) and move the energy off your attacker with Aromatisse and max potion the damage off when needed.Then move it back and keep attacking. Use M venusaur EX as a surprise attacker.

You need to add in some tool scrappers. If you are going against a Garbador with garbotoxin Aromatese's fairy transfer will be shut down as well as Virizion EX's verdant wind. I would also add in a second verizion EX just incase the solo one gets burried in the prizes.

MaD_DoG said:
So I understand that your son really wants to use M venusaur EX? I may be able to work around that. Other than that here are my suggestions:
-3 switch
The main reason to use switch over other cards like fairy garden (which you already have) and float stone is that it can get a pokemon out of the active regardless of any special conditions on the active pokemon, but you have virizion ex, which prevents special conditions, so yeah....
-3 max revive
You said this was for if your virizion ex is ko'd, but your virizion ex will never be active (hopefully) but if it does you can use super rod which lets you get back 3 in any combination of pokemon and basic energy.
+1 super rod
-2 professor's letter
Professor's letter is good, but three is over excessive.
-2 hypnotoxic laser
-1 red card
These are only good if you have 4 of them and you don't have the space for four of them.
-2 virbank
You aren't going to run lasers, so why have virbank?
-3 Mr. Mime
So mr mime is for the extra 40 damage. Xerneas ex has a first attack that does 20 more damage AND snipes 30 to the bench to setup future ko's for xerneas ex.
-6 grass
-2 fairy
16 is too much energy.
Onto the additions
+1 xerneas (normal)
This is your ideal starter. You always want to get him active so you can use Geomancy.
+2 mewtwo ex/yveltal ex
You can use this as a secondary attacker.
+1-1 Aromatisse
You can abuse his ability to the max with max potion.
+1 professor syncamore
+1 n
+1 skyla
+1 computer search
The more draw and search, The more consistent, the more consistent, the more wins.
+4 rainbow energy
+2 prism energy.
With these you can move them around with Aromatisse and get rid of status conditions with virizion ex.
+4 max potion
With these you can deny your opponent prizes. Oh and your son has to say a dikembe mutombo quote when he plays this card.

Now you have three extra spaces to play around with.

Strategy:
Use xerneas to fuel up your attackers (xerneas ex and mewtwo ex/yveltal ex) and move the energy off your attacker with Aromatisse and max potion the damage off when needed.Then move it back and keep attacking. Use M venusaur EX as a surprise attacker.

Prism energy wouldn't work with mega venasaur... so you'd only have 2 Rainbow energies to work with if you went on this path, which is a less consistent one IMHO.

Back