Shame problem...

Do you are shame to buy a booster or a deck?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was going to buy LM. And then wassnt any LM boosters! Nooo!
And no HP! Nooo!
If i were lucky and buy some LM booster, i maybe pull out a FLYGON EX!!!
Yessss! Ok, a Latia delta is good too.
But i didnt got an Bagon! NOo!

RE:  Shame problem...

Kronar said:
im 15 and i dont care who sees me with the packs, although if i see someone from skool i try to hide them, and my mom also plays so it isnt that big of a deal

Well, its nice to see a fellow member who's mother plays TCG too! My mom plays TCG!

i know how u felt.....good thing me playing pokemon cards is a secret from all of my friends exept a few who also plays.....i dont understand y they think playing tcg i childish....i think they r childish for making fun of us...:D

RE:   Shame problem...

jayh272416 said:
Kronar said:
im 15 and i dont care who sees me with the packs, although if i see someone from skool i try to hide them, and my mom also plays so it isnt that big of a deal

Well, its nice to see a fellow member who's mother plays TCG too! My mom plays TCG!
*laughs*, my mom only did 1 tournament, but she's judge, I always practice against her. She plays dark muk-full flame. It's fun to have a mom who likes Pokémon.

on topic: Shame is nothing, a thing in our minds that's there to keep us from getting kicked out of the group, that was in the prehistory, now, shame is just something that keeps us from doing things we would want to. just forget about shame and buy boosters, play the TCG and become champion :D.

Who cares if someone makes fun of you? I don't. I waltz right down to Wal Mart and buy a bunch of cards. I never see anyone I know, and the cashiers never laugh at me. (either they're mature, don't know what Pokemon cards are, or are just stupid.) And guess what? I have fun buying it.

shoot i dont get inbarresed my friends know i buy cards all the time and i am 20 it is better then trying to hide from them

An important thing about being a friend is being able to accept your other friends' differences. If one of your friends harasses you because you like Pokémon, are they really your friend?

My best insight into the reason why people call Pokémon kiddy is because of the TV show; they don't know that they cards and the GB game are different, mainly because they don't care. I'm sure many people criticize Pokémon even though they've never played it before. They have their own problems.

DocRobot_K-176 said:
My best insight into the reason why people call Pokémon kiddy is because of the TV show; they don't know that they cards and the GB game are different, mainly because they don't care.  I'm sure many people criticize Pokémon even though they've never played it before.  They have their own problems.
wanna know something strange, the people who made fun of it where my friends, we played the TCG and GBC games together, then, 1 day, they decided to stop...and our friendship ended, they started making fun of what they used to love (some of them still liked it but stopped after a while). So my guess is that they just laugh to have a scapegoat, who takes the attention from the little things that makes them different.

i'm 19 but i'm not ashame of buying boosters or decks. people might think it's childish but i don't give a damn on what people think. all i care is that this game is FUN

I REALLY don't care about buying boosters or playing or whatever. Some ppl just say that is a baby-game, but i just say that i saw a 70-years-old guy playing pokémon at a Tournament =P.

bass_forte said:
If they're laughing at you for buying cards from them, they're asking you to reduce their business by switching stores. :/ Sad, really...
Yea, really, Id rather pay 50 cents more to buy from another shop than to get it from the laugher.

iceman86 said:
i'm 19 but i'm not ashame of buying boosters or decks. people might think it's childish but i don't give a damn on what people think. all i care is that this game is FUN
I'm nearly 24....& kudos to u 2 Iceman86

Why are you ashamed? Just get about 10 boosters at a time and you should get some good rares out of it.:)

Ya i agree with most of the people here. I just buy them and a lotta people on my school know i play. But they played it themselves(besides from some others) and now they all wanna look though and be popular, which is about 99% of society here. Nobody is an individual anymore they all wanna be the mass 'popular' people because they're scared, narrow minded and lock their emotions. mayby its because their brains are contaminated by radiation or carbondioxide. When I see those people who played Pokémon and i see them kick carbagecans or something and they see me i can see they recognize me and keep their mouths, hoping ill pass by. The person who was <-- my best friend is infected by populatiris and a lotta times he would begin to argue really loud with me why i play Pokémon., just so other people would here it and laugh at me. and when other people would laugh he can see hispower, but it wont work on me ill just make his dust and remember, untill payback.
whoot damn, ill just had to say that. sorry you guys :p. keep on playing pokemon, one day ill win a trip for worlds and ill beat ya. And dont be ashamed for playing Pokémon.

flyingdutchman said:
Ya i agree with most of the people here. I just buy them and a lotta people on my school know i play. But they played it themselves(besides from some others) and now they all wanna look though and be popular, which is about 99% of society here. Nobody is an individual anymore they all wanna be the mass 'popular' people because they're scared, narrow minded and lock their emotions. mayby its because their brains are contaminated by radiation or carbondioxide. When I see those people who played Pokémon and i see them kick carbagecans or something and they see me i can see they recognize me and keep their mouths, hoping ill pass by. The person who was <-- my best friend is infected by populatiris and a lotta times he would begin to argue really loud with me why i play Pokémon., just so other people would here it and laugh at me. and when other people would laugh he can see hispower, but it wont work on me ill just make his dust and remember, untill payback.
whoot damn, ill just had to say that. sorry you guys :p. keep on playing pokemon, one day ill win a trip for worlds and ill beat ya. And dont be ashamed for playing Pokémon.
1) already a thread about this, it's called "is pokémon still popular"
2) wow, my no longer best friend is infected by populatiris too :D

You just shouldn't worry about what people think about you buying Pokemon products. If you enjoy it, you should not be ashamed of it. So people think it's babyish, you know it's not and we know it's not.

If people call you names like tyke or something else, who cares what they call you, it's just a name and shouldn't have that big of an impact on your life. If people laugh, just walk right on past them and ignore them.

Sure, if I see someone from school or something that thinks Pokemon is stupid, I will deny I bought anything Pokémon, but for most people it is a natural reaction to deny. When you're out buying those cards, just pick up a few packs, take them up to the counter, pay for them, and walk right out. If the cashier makes fun of you for it, like I said, just ignore him and walk right out that door without looking back.

If anyone ever really hurts you about it, the Pokebeach community has got your back, we'll stand up for you. So be proud to say you love Pokemon.

Back