Shame problem...

Do you are shame to buy a booster or a deck?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nigafiga

Gues Whos Back!
Guys i have a problem:(.
Im 14 years old and i diddnt buyed a booster since DR.
And now im shame me to buy a booster:(!!!!
I dont know if this is the thread for this forum...
How do ya guys make this?
HELP ME!:(
And dont laugh at me!

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
shame to buy a booster, why, the guy who sells them only does his job, and make sure your "friends" don't notice if you don't want them to (if that's what you mean)

DocRobot_K-176

Red Raging Rampage
Based on what you are trying to say, I'm guessing that you want to get cards that are Modified legal. Is that correct?

The best set to start at would be Emerald, since Deoxys through Hidden Legends will get cut off in a few months. You would only have 3 sets to go through until August, when Crystal Guardians is released.

The cheapest way to get cards is to buy the boxes directly. If you have friends that you know, you can split boxes. There are 36 booster packs per box and a special boxtopper. 1 box of cards costs about (US) $72, which is about (US) $2 per booster pack, beating the retail price of (US) $3.29.

I don't know what your currency is in your area. You should be able to find some kind of currency converter online. I know Google has a currency converter.

Am I answering your question alright?

nigafiga

Gues Whos Back!
When i got to the toy store(they are baby stuff), i grab a booster and then the seller maybe think im a little boy who playes Pokemon cards!
Its hard to me!

DocRobot_K-176

Red Raging Rampage
Have you tried ordering boxes or booster packs online? Nobody would make fun of you for doing that, right?

I suppose you could tell the person that you are buying the cards from that you are getting them for "someone you know". That is telling the truth, right?

Mind Reader

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, I'm 13 years old. I doesn't by cards in stores very often, because it's cheaper on net. But if I do, I just buy one. Just take a Booster pack, pay for it. Put it in your pocket, and wait til your home, then open it. Don't care about those idiots who laughs of you. Your none idiot or jerk, they are.

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
well, Pokémon is highly underestimated, everyone thinks it's something for kids, not knowing what it's all about.

nigafiga

Gues Whos Back!
Nah, they dont laugh at me.
But i think they do when i go (ha,ha he is so old and still playing Pokemon, ha.ha) i know it sounds stupid...

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
who cares, people who can't take you like you are don't deserve to know you. That's how I think about it.

DocRobot_K-176

Red Raging Rampage
My account is hidden from the online list because I almost always logged in, even though I am not always at my computer. I don't want to give users the false impression that I am always available.

Since you asked, this is where my friends buy booster boxes:

http://www.collectandsave.com/pokemon.html

Just have someone who is old enough (18+) to buy either booster packs or boxes. They are based in the U.S., but they can go international. If this isn't a good site for you, here are some other sites that I found using Froogle (Google's product search):

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=Pok%C3%A9mon+TCG&btnG=Search+Froogle

Hope you are able to get someone who is willing to do it for you. There is a chance that one of these sites might allow you to do it yourself, but most sites ask for credit card or PayPal payments. Look for a site that asks for cash.

nigafiga

Gues Whos Back!
Ok, thanks guys.
Tomorow is the day!
Tomorow i will go to the shop (a baby shop, but they are Pokémon TCG) and just buy 1 or 2 booster! And if the guy will say something or laugh, i will say **** ***! Wish me luck!

Kronar

Blossoming Faker
im 15 and i dont care who sees me with the packs, although if i see someone from skool i try to hide them, and my mom also plays so it isnt that big of a deal

Arcanine 274

=/
i'm 13 and i don't care if people see me buy them. i don't want my friends to no, just cause they'll start asking me about it continuously and never leave me alone about it. i don't care about people knowing, it's just either neglect or continous asking about that gets me. that may seem weird but it's how i feel.

Arcanine out.

DocRobot_K-176

Red Raging Rampage
People stare at me when I walk into the collector's store to buy packs (which I still do), and I'm 19. I don't give them any attention, because I know that most of them are very narrow minded.

But in nigafiga's case, one must wonder, "Why would the owner harass or laugh at people for buying their products? Do they REALLY want to lose business that way?"

GODZILLA

Team Twilight 4eva \m/
There's no reason at all to feel ashamed of buying Pokemon items. It's a hobby that you enjoy and if you need to buy some supplies at a store, buy them! Who cares what people say or think. If people make fun of you that means their jealous and they have no idea how cool the game is.

If you're worried about what people think try these places to buy cards:
www.pokemon-cards.net
www.pokeorder.com
www.ebay.com
and many more...

Thunderbird

...wants an anti-power deck...
Year, it's really nothing to be ashamed about. I know because I'm a 16-year old girl, and where I come from, there are only 4 Players registred to POP.
Just ignore them or, like it was said before, buy from the internet.

bass_forte

ANet FTW.
If they're laughing at you for buying cards from them, they're asking you to reduce their business by switching stores. :/ Sad, really...

nigafiga

Gues Whos Back!
Thanks guys and a girl!
Now im going to the shop, when i will came back, i will say ya how it was.
Wish me luck.

nigafiga

Gues Whos Back!
Mission completed!!!
I buyed 2 boosters :1 UF, 1 DS!
Ive got a latias delta!Avsommmmmmme!
And a unown and meganium!
Nobody was laughing at me!