Seriously People, Play Heatmor!

• Thread starter TeamWarpPointJordan
  • Start date
T

TeamWarpPointJordan

I've been playing a lot online and offline and looking at a lot of deck lists (here, the gym, 6p, underground, etc) and NOBODY is playing Heatmor. Seriously, I haven't seen a single list that includes this lovable Aardvark.

I have a feeling that Durant is going to run wild at Battle Roads because its an inexpensive and easy to play deck. Heck I went undefeated through Swiss with it at Ohio States and I hadn't picked up a deck or played Pokemon in almost 6 months.

It's one spot in a deck, make room for Heatmor and banish Durant forever. Thank You.

P.S. Even if you're not going to play it in a tourney at least lie and put it in your deck lists online to scare people away from playing Durant.

Durant is pretty much dead anyway. I can see newer players playing it, just because it's the easiest deck to pick up. But those you can beat easily without Heatmor, even if your deck has a bad match-up. Experienced players won't play Durant, because there are so many better options, and Durant is not a fun deck to play so there is no reason to play it.

Heatmor is a silly card anyway.

You must enter a nickname said:
Experienced players won't play Durant, because there are so many better options, and Durant is not a fun deck to play so there is no reason to play it.

I agreed with most of your post, especially the Heatmor being a highly silly card to play, but honestly, I can't agree with this part. Experienced players will play Durant if they're comfortable with the deck and feel that it's their best option in their own metagame. Someone like Jason K comes to mind where he's played it in many many tournaments so far this year. I wouldn't write off experienced players for that reason. Also, what's fun for someone else may not necessarily be fun for someone. For all you know, the people who continue to play it do in fact like the deck. In addition, that's not a very good argument for why one should not play it, especially if it actually has a shot of winning.

That being said, I have a feeling most people will actually play Heatmor if they feel a legitimate swarm of Durant in their metagames. I still also have yet to see people's lists with it, but that doesn't mean people can't sneak one in their decks five minutes before they register. It is in fact, an easily techable card. I honestly think you shouldn't be worried though. I don't honestly think Durant will run away with a bunch of Battle Road wins the way he did at Cities. The metagame isn't quite friendly to the deck and it's not just because of Heatmor.

dmaster out.

I don't think it's Heatmor that will keep people away from Heatmor, it's the new format. Durant has a hard time against anything Darkrai since Crushing Hammer sends energy to the discard to be Dark Patched, and Catcher is made useless by Darkrai's ability. It's also easy enough to play around Lost Remover. ZekEels will have at least an even matchup because of Zekrom, and Terrakion's game against it all comes down to Crushing Hammer flips. It just doesn't have solid enough of a foothold in the metagame to warrant playing it, unless a lot of people in your area are still playing CMT. Even then, though, they can tech Tornadus EX which OHKO's Ants with ease.

Heatmor's not that good cause it's too situational in most builds, you'll be running into more decks that aren't weak to {R} though I did hear someone actually running Scizor Prime with Groudon EX with some success I suppose.

Heatmor is really just like an insurance policy that durant will never become widley popular like it has been before. I dont think it will absolutley never be played at any events now even with heatmor released becuase people dont use heatmor so they do not have auto win in there deck. The bigger reason it fell out is people learned to play the match up. Yes the deck is based alot on coin flips and draws but even if set up and flips are perfect (wich they rarely are) durant can lose to a player WITHOUT HEATMOR that plays conservativley and knows the match up as long as they dont get completley dead draws.

Heatmor is one of the most splashable tech cards but its not needed, squeezing just one more consistency booster in your deck opposed to a tech card to a rarley played and not consistent enough deck can make or break your match up with the truly hard hitting decks in this relentless format.

EliGagerNorris said:
Consistency > Techs. Heatmor isn't necessary unless you have a very bad match up against Durant.
(^coming from the Durant player convincing people not to play Heatmor so he can still do well :p jk only decks with serious Durant problems will play it otherwise it could be teched but probably not worth it.)

Now I am not saying to force it into your deck, but I agree with the point Jordan is making. It is a cheap deck that requires little to no skill to play, and he said that himself at Ohio States where he went undefeated. He kept saying that in Top 16 when I played him, and I didn't believe him until I built it myself. All the skill that goes into that deck is in the deckbuilding itself, and if one can netdeck a decent list, they can play the deck.

I feel like it has its spot in some decks, just not all. I am happy like Jordan that it was released because Durant was a nuisance that put several good decks to shame and am glad to see it mostly gone.

At my Battle Roads this last weekend, there were 21 people in the Masters Division. Most of them were running Dark Toolbox or CMT. I was the only person running Durant and that's only because I'm an overconfident idiot. There was also no Heatmor in sight. (I could have topcutted but due to a misplay I only went 3-2.)

Consistency > Over-teching. You don't need a Heatmor to OHKO a Durant. Tornadus (and his EX), Terrakion, and Zoroark can do all of that juuuuuuuuuuust fine.

Someone is extremely anti-Durant here.

The bold will still play this fun deck if it suits their playstyle. A good number of decks have a doable matchup against it, so with or without Heatmor, Durant doesn't have the consistency it need to make itself a top deck anyway. Throwing in a Heatmor is wasting one card for a deck that isn't even that popular anymore.

P.S. There is nothing lovable about Heatmor.

Back