BW/BW2 Seriously its copying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reshiramdude

Maybe I'm just...
Purloin_Liepard = Meowth-persian
Woobat-swoobat=Zubat Golbat (they rhyme haha)
Throh & Sawk-Hitmons
Tirtouga-carascotta=Blastoise

what do you think?

any others

im fine with the pidove one

but why would you want to have a remake/revamp of meoth-persian? just saying.

batpee1 said:
but why would you want to have a remake/revamp of meoth-persian? just saying.

I don't see what's wrong with that. I personally like leopardas more than persian. As far as personal preferences are concerned, if I like (or dislike) a pokemon I'm not going to be concerned with whether or not it is a revamp of something else.

Well wasnt this supposed to be a reboot? maybe theyre making some Pokemon be based off of old pokemon from its original counterpart?

they said that they wanted to make if feel like R/B/G again so in order to do that they just made the names similar.

I thought they wanted to make it feel like a new game, not feel like RGB (that already achieved with FRLG)

i cant find the quote but it said that they wanted to bring back the fealing like in R/B/G when everything was new and you were wondering what your pokemon would turn into next. and also GF/Nintendo arnt to creative. they dont want to make it EXTREMELY different so they do fall back to the same ideas. thus we have woobat and swoobat and others like it.

Purloin, Liepard, Skitty, Delcatty = Meowth + Persian
Woobat-Swoobat=Zubat Golbat
Throh & Saw=Hitmons
Tirtouga-carascotta=Blastoise <--No
Pidove, Tranquill, Unfezant = Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Starly, Staravia, Staraptor
Bouffalant = Tauros
Axew, Fraxure, Haxrous = Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar
Roggenrola, Boldore, Gigalith = Geodude, Graveller, Golem
Timburr, Gurdurr, ConkeldurrMachop, = Mochoke, Machamp
Audino = Chansey
Klink, Klang, Klinklang = Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone
Dwebble, Crustle = Krabby, Kingler, Corphish, Crawdaunt
Foongus, Amoongus = Voltorb, Electrode
Alomomola = Luvdisc
Blitzle, Zebstrika = Ponyta, Rapidash
and others that I cant be bothered to write...

@cautie they wanted Black and White to seem like a whole new experience like Red, Blue and green were at the time of their release
and in terms of pokemon seeming to be the same, they wanted to demonstrate that in the pokemon world as well as in the real world there is similarity as well as diversity.

i cant find the quote but it said that they wanted to bring back the fealing like in R/B/G when everything was new

Yeah what I said, they wanted it to feel new, rather than literally feeling like RBG.

Don't think that has anything to do with name similarity though.

How can it be copying if it's the same developers.
And these similarities are stretching it. The roles of these Pokemon are similar to the past to make it feel like a reboot, but a Zebra Pokemon is in no way copying a Horse Pokemon. Similar basis perhaps, but why complain?

All but the blastoise part are true. Thats the whole point. New renditions of the older pokemon with a neww twist on it.
Its like r/b/g for new generations.

All but the blastoise part are true. Thats the whole point. New renditions of the older pokemon with a neww twist on it.
Its like r/b/g for new generations.

And it is creative, same developers too.

@nikohesus
a Zebra Pokemon is in no way copying a Horse Pokemon. Similar basis perhaps, but why complain?

I assume thats aimed at me, I wasn't complaining at all, in fact I like that a lot of the pokemon this gen are similar to ones in other gens. Especially Audino, hopefully it gets an evolution in gen 6th and then a useless pre-evo in gen 8:D

And the Blitzle, Zebstrika = Ponyta, Rapidash thing, my reasons for that are related to Reshiram{R} and Zekrom{L}

My trail of thought was:
Reshiram - Fire - Nature - Old - Gen 1 - Ponyta, Rapidash
Zekrom - Electric - Technology - New - Gen 5 - Blitzle, Zebstrika

Not quite sure how I came to those conclusions but...

nikohesus said:
How can it be copying if it's the same developers.
Exactly. It's not copying. In addition, who cares if something has been based on twice. They have differences in both stats and movesets, and that's what is important.

Listen, they are all native to the Unova region, and since the region is far away from others, the animals are similar, but in a sense different "species" of the same kind of animal. Like Monkeys in South america are pretty much the same animal as the ones in Asia, but they are different because of the region they live in and the way they developed. What I'm trying to prove is, that it makes sense and shouldn't be called copying for there to be multiple pokemon based off the same thing. The same animals live in different regions but they are different species and are not exactly the same. Plus it can't be called copying unless Nintendo was making pokemon after digimon.

^
1. It's Xtransceiver
2. It isn't copying
3. Whether or not you're joking, it's distasteful to compare Pokemon to Digimon

Oh god, this thread.
Repeating what everyone else has said, it's not copying- it's especially not copying when it's the same developers working on the games. B/W are intended to 'revamp' Pokemon, in the sense of bringing in a 'fresh' feeling to the RPG games, so it makes perfect sense that some species of Pokemon would be similar.

Brb, I'm going to head downstairs and claim that my Tibetan Spaniel is "copying" my neighbor's Pomeranian. Smh.

Edit: For some reason I still can't help but lol at the thread title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back