News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

Just like Counter Energy, I strongly believe that Counter Catcher is a card that works better in Non-GX/EX focused decks.

Counter Catcher works best when there is a 1 prize gap. This discourages people from simply popping that Alolan Vulpix when you can just immediately Counter Catcher on the next turn for a bigger KO.

But if you're playing GX vs GX and constantly focused on 2 prize KOs, then you never want to purposefully put yourself behind by 2 prizes in order to use a card. It holds the same value as Guzma as that point.

I think Counter Catcher is deck specific and should not be simply put into every deck, but when you put it in a deck that makes sense it is an absolute game changer. But even without Counter Catcher in everyone's deck, the threat of it being there highly discourages 1 prize KOs.

And as great of a single card Counter Catcher is, let's not forget that if you're simply so behind or set up so poorly that you don't even have a Pokemon to respond with even if you have Counter Catcher, then it simply doesn't matter. Regardless, this card encourages more careful & strategic play and I love it.

I was a little bit disappointed with the GX attack of Gyarados GX. Good thing they release Alolan Golem GX with a wonderful GX attack.

This card will probably be in mill decks/energy denial. Imagine it, you don't take prize cards, because you only mill, then u can use counter catcher, to stall, otherwise probably a 1 of in decks

Called it. I hope there's a Metal one so it can hit Gardy for weakness

Last edited:
Memory cards? Heck yeah i love the PS2!

No but seriously. This makes it official that Silvally is pretty much the "Chase Card" of the set.
Energy Acceleration for quite a bit damage and some type coverage.
Probably fits in a lot of decks.
I could see this replacing Baby Volc in Volcanion. Maybe. Or atleast in part.

So, we have Psychic and Fighting ones. That's pretty good type coverage. But if/when we get Metal, Water, Grass, and Fire, this gets really good partnered with Tear Away Weavile.

• Memory cards - Amazing but disappointing. 1.)Field Blower is everywhere. If you run 2 copies per deck, it's hard to set it up because blower is just discard your tools and your set up is gone. 2.) I love how it covers weakness on some top tier decks but Silvally is Stage 1, you'll getting a hard time with that. 3.) You can't attach Choice Band for your advantage. 3-4 Geodudes. (Sorry for being so salty.)

Back