News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
If Silvally-GX is a Psychic-type and you hit something that resists Psychic, of course resistance is going to be applied.

Sorry I don't think I was very clearly here.

I meant Silvally GX's resistance (and weakness). If it becomes Fighting does it take on the common weakness/resistance stats of a fighting type pokemon?

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry I don't think I was very clearly here.

I meant Silvally GX's resistance (and weakness). If it becomes Fighting does it take on the common weakness/resistance stats of a fighting type pokemon?
No it's weakness is also what's on the card. Sense there is no automatic weakness for some types in the tcg

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
Not great, but very interesting cards. I could see a fun deck with Memory cards and Weavile, both Tool Swap and the Ability damage one.

Craig Collier

Aspiring Trainer
I think there are two ways to approach Silvally now.

First with is with its ability. You find a big basic partner to use the ability with and use the cores to cover weaknesses. Example If we use say Volcanion (yes i know the deck have very little space) who is a basic fire type and is weak to fire so we could run the metal, lightning and grass cores to cover weakness. With darkrai we could use psychic and maybe steel.

The second strategy is to ignore the ability and run cores of the types good in your local meta. with so many tools in the deck you can run pokemon who gain benefit from them like garbotoxin garboder.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
They should've allowed it to work with potential non-GX Silvally in the future as well. I can't imagine those would break it, and it would make them more versatile. It's not like with G-Booster, G-Scope or Power Memory where they provide a massive advantage. They're tech cards.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Not trying to burst a bubble but I do not thing we will receive memory drives from all types. It would make sense that the memory drives are included in Awakening Hero. However Peeping Red Card is number 47/50. Psychic Memory is 48/50 and Fighting Memory is 49/50. Considering that we know that Gladion is number 50/50 and Silvally GX itself is number 46/50 there is no more room left for the other memory drives in this sub-set.

We might get some memory drives in GX Battle Boost along with alternate art cards for Ultra Beasts and other cards released thus far in addition to the missing three Ultra Beast GX. If so I assume that we get Fire Memory and posibly Lightning Energy. The main rationale behind this assumption is that this would allow Silvally GX to hit all the Ultra Beasts for weakness. Psychic Memory allows Silvally to hit Buzzwole GX and Nihilego GX for weakness. Fighting Memory enables him to hit Guzzlord GX and Xurkitree GX for weakness, while Fire Memory would presumeably allow Silvally GX to hit Kartana GX and Pheomosa GX for weakness. Assuming that Celesteela GX is Flying Lighting Memory would allow Silvally GX to hit the seventh Ultra Beast for weakness too. It would make sense from a storyline perspective.

If these assumptions hold true we should approach Silvally GX by simultaneously taking into account its ability and the memory drives. You would preferably run him with some basic non-GX attackers to cover two to three of the dominant weaknesses in the local meta. Registeel cover Metal weakness while Regice or Palkia from Shinning Legends covers water weakness. Select a third attacker that can utilize Double Colorless Energy and cover the fourth dominant weakness with a memory drive. Since Silvally GX and Registeel both accelerate to the bench and the deck could use Max Elixir a four corners version centered around Silvally GX could be indeed viable even without memory drives for all types.

Scourge188

Aspiring Trainer
Memory cards? Heck yeah i love the PS2!

No but seriously. This makes it official that Silvally is pretty much the "Chase Card" of the set.
Energy Acceleration for quite a bit damage and some type coverage.
Probably fits in a lot of decks.
I could see this replacing Baby Volc in Volcanion. Maybe. Or atleast in part.

Why would this replace baby volcanion? Energy acceleration is at least 2 attachments. Baby volcanion is good because it requires a single energy to accelerate while providing damage. Also you can steam up for heavier damage

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
Love the drives. I don't think you need to run multiple copies for all of them (even if they made one for all types). Mostly you would want fire and metal currently...maybe water type. Similar to other cards these would need to be strategically played since field blower easily gets rid of them.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
The memories... Well, of the ones here, I thing the Fighting one could be quite good: It makes it so you can hit Drampa/Tauros GX, Darkrai, the new Raichu-GX, etc., for weakness - and do so without fear of weakness. Fighting decks have Garbodor and Golisopod discouraging their play, and having a Fighting type instead only weak to itself is much more safe.

Kyrushi

Squirrel
OK but while people are complaining about no steel type i'm just considering how fun it will be to mix him with Strong Energy.

Don Pianta

Old man
OH BOY, if you thought pulling Spirit Links for garbage Megas was disappointing enough, wait until you pull a triple garbage Memory pack!

Supergingerkid

Aspiring Trainer
I wanted to make a quad silvaly deck, and I feel a lot more confident about it. PS he's my favorite sun and moon Pokémon

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
I'm guessing even though its changing types it's not changing its weakness, but either way a cool mechanic to add.

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Not trying to burst a bubble but I do not thing we will receive memory drives from all types. It would make sense that the memory drives are included in Awakening Hero. However Peeping Red Card is number 47/50. Psychic Memory is 48/50 and Fighting Memory is 49/50. Considering that we know that Gladion is number 50/50 and Silvally GX itself is number 46/50 there is no more room left for the other memory drives in this sub-set.

We might get some memory drives in GX Battle Boost along with alternate art cards for Ultra Beasts and other cards released thus far in addition to the missing three Ultra Beast GX. If so I assume that we get Fire Memory and posibly Lightning Energy. The main rationale behind this assumption is that this would allow Silvally GX to hit all the Ultra Beasts for weakness. Psychic Memory allows Silvally to hit Buzzwole GX and Nihilego GX for weakness. Fighting Memory enables him to hit Guzzlord GX and Xurkitree GX for weakness, while Fire Memory would presumeably allow Silvally GX to hit Kartana GX and Pheomosa GX for weakness. Assuming that Celesteela GX is Flying Lighting Memory would allow Silvally GX to hit the seventh Ultra Beast for weakness too. It would make sense from a storyline perspective.

If these assumptions hold true we should approach Silvally GX by simultaneously taking into account its ability and the memory drives. You would preferably run him with some basic non-GX attackers to cover two to three of the dominant weaknesses in the local meta. Registeel cover Metal weakness while Regice or Palkia from Shinning Legends covers water weakness. Select a third attacker that can utilize Double Colorless Energy and cover the fourth dominant weakness with a memory drive. Since Silvally GX and Registeel both accelerate to the bench and the deck could use Max Elixir a four corners version centered around Silvally GX could be indeed viable even without memory drives for all types.

Dont forget Japans SM4 Set contains to mini sets, and our Crimsion invasion set has (1)Sm4 and (2)Sm4 + Sm3+ so we could get 2 other Memories in the other Sm4 mini set. (Assuming im right how japans sets work...)

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Severe Poison + Seviper? Could prove to be an annoying one-Prize attacker that's also relatively easy to set up.