September 8th Power-out

Norman Black

Thinking about returning
On September 8th, a Power-out occurred in the whole Southern California, Arizona, and intensively spread all the way to Mexico. With this effect, over 1.5 million people did not have any sort of electricity and were forced to use generators. Every gas station, restaurant, and store were forced to shut down. It lasted from 3:30pm to various times in from 11pm to 4pm. It was told this power-out originated from Arizona. Therefor, children were unable to attend and receive their education on September 9th. It is abnormal for our community, though there are news and facts about who specifically caused this.

As a community, what are your thoughts about this very unusual event?

I heard that the whole section blacked out because of one person. It was a worker for the whole electricity thing, and I heard he did something that accidentally blacked out the entire southwest section.

I hate to say this, but I hope this doesn't have to do with the 10th anniversary of 9/11....

I heard about this yesterday from a co-worker. I couldn't believe that one single snapped line could lead to that vast of a blackout. She said it was due to a single line being cut anyway. You said there's news and facts about this, so what are they?

I saw it on the 5:00 news (Channel 7, I think it was NBC) yesterday, PsychedelicBreakfast. They're immediately on that kind of stuff. All they mentioned was that one worker snapped the line, which shut off the entire southwest area. I hope they're doing okay now. The fact that they had to use generators scares me electricity-wise, but I'm sure everyone is fine. Maybe this is the time parents can get their kids off the computers and start giving them chores while they can't use their computers. :p

What I find really odd is that I didn't hear about it until Thursday night (when I was contacted), and I didn't even experience the blackout at all, which is stranger still.
I must probably be lucky. Even so, it's a bit unsettling to hear how much power was lost to areas. I heard that the San Onofre plant was temporarily without power as a result...

I live in "the whole southern california" and did not hear from a single person about this power outage until I just read this thread.

sooo.... what?

Us Arizonans decided it would be fun to play a joke on SoCal

I saw this on the news last night, and I was surprised it didn't make bigger headlines. I hear though that one person in Yuma Arizona made one mistake that made most of SoCal, and part of Mexico and Arizona have a giant blackout.

I'm lucky that this didn't happen where I lived. I faintly heard about it on some news site but since I was unaffected, I didn't think too much on it.

dmaster out.

Back