Scoop Up Cyclone

RE: Scoop Up Cyclone?

Personally Scoop up Cyclone is one of my favorite Ace Spec. At first not really liking but it has helped me in the long run. Using as a free retreat, heal damage. It's great. I have a Latios/Blastoise deck, so I'm using that card every game for these reasons. For me personally it's really an underrated card, but it all depends on your gameplay and deck.

A good card with Blastoise and Emboar, even though Super Scoop Up works as well. If I was reusing Abilities you get from evolving (like Ninjask, Ninetails, Aggron all Dragons Exalted), I'd rather have a Devolution Spray. I'm not sure, Scoop Up Cyclone can stop slow prizes as well.

Personally for me, include a Phione or Sableye in the deck you're running Scoop Up Cyclone with. With either one of them, drop a Prism Energy in the deck as well and maybe a Skyarrow Bridge.

Ryan Sinclair said:
It could also serve as a part- Max Potion and part- Scramble Switch.
Have a damaged Keldeo active with X Water attached, but want them on healthy benched Keldeo with perhaps an Energy or two ready. Scoop Up your active Keldeo, replace with healthy one, put all Water now in hand onto new Keldeo, re-bench old Keldeo (if necessary). And there you go, effectively Scrambling Energy in a Blastoise deck.

This is exactly how I use mine often, in a scramble switch type way. A lot more decks these days don't do OHKO every turn. I've won games with Scoop Up Cyclone. Because late game, damage everywhere, no energy in hand, scoop up active that has energy, pull up poke almost ready to go, take energy from hand you scooped up, drop down, and now you got a fully pumped up pokemon attacking. Max potion can't do this, scramble switch also can not.

Back