Scoop Up Cyclone

Sheriff_K

Eevee Breeder
A lot of people say this is a good card, but I'm just not seeing it. What good is it in a Meta where everything gets OHKO'd a turn later? The only card I see it feasibly being used with is Jirachi EX, and even that is a waste of cards when you could just use something like Random Receiver to accomplish the same task, for less..

Can anyone enlighten me as to how one can make use of Scoop Up Cyclone? Or am I right that it is useless?

RE: Scoop Up Cyclone?

You could drop it in a plasma deck to effectively have 12 catchers :) lol attach plasma energy 4 times, Scoop up, repeat plus 4 regular catchers

I could see it in RayBoar, Blastoise, or Hydreigon (but who would run this). I works well in as a kind of max potion.

Momaster12 said:
I could see it in RayBoar, Blastoise, or Hydreigon (but who would run this). I works well in as a kind of max potion.
Max Potion isn't an Ace-Spec and you don't have to break a Stage 2. Or why not Gold Potion instead? And Darkrai/Hydreigon runs Max Potions anyway.

Have thought of using it in decks where use Victini EX as a starter for energy accel, to scoop him up & avoid the easy 2 prize card loss once he does his thing. Of course Victory Piece is the other option, especially with potential to donk Virizion EX or Genesect EX T1 with 0 energy. Otherwise yeah, don't see a lot of uses - had seen 1 option of using in decks with Sableye & Jirachi, so could get back and repeat numerous times

Super Scoop Up was crazy in Blastoise if you got the flips. This takes that second part out of the equation. Otherwise, it's not great, but not terrible.

blargh257 said:
Super Scoop Up was crazy in Blastoise if you got the flips. This takes that second part out of the equation. Otherwise, it's not great, but not terrible.

Black Kyurem + Blastoise + Scoop Up Cyclone..Hmmm? And it is a dragon..so,grass type cant touch it. VirGen *Cough*

What good would that really do, aside from being a "Max Potion"? Most times you get OHKO'd anyway..

It could also serve as a part- Max Potion and part- Scramble Switch.
Have a damaged Keldeo active with X Water attached, but want them on healthy benched Keldeo with perhaps an Energy or two ready. Scoop Up your active Keldeo, replace with healthy one, put all Water now in hand onto new Keldeo, re-bench old Keldeo (if necessary). And there you go, effectively Scrambling Energy in a Blastoise deck.

It's okay, it's the kind of card that someone could play it in a secret deck and break the format.

It's really only good in decks that don't have to worry about lots of energy attachment. It'd be meh in Plasma - I'd still go with Scramble Switch or Computer Search - but in Blastoise, Scoop Up Cyclone can fully heal a Keldeo or Black Kyurem, send up a different Pokemon, and then immediately reattach all the energy from the original Pokemon to any Pokemon on the field. It's basically a Scramble Switch as well as a Max Potion without having to discard energy in some decks.

I would love to use this in my Weavile/Eggs deck.

Its horrible when you start with an exeggcute and it keeps getting catchered around. This would give you a chance to get it back up and into the discard.

However, not many people run this deck and it kind of needs dowsing machine to work well. Can't see replacing machine with cyclone. Though I may try it.

The whole point is for a blastoise / keldeo deck if your pokemon has a lot of damage on it use scoop up cyclone, put it down and deluge everything on it. Also, if you run an exeggute and start with it, you can use super scoop up to prevent an easy prize.

No, you want eggs to die, forces the seventh prize game and allows you to use Propagation.

^ But who would actually kill the Egg if they could avoid it?

Scoop Up Cyclone?

That 7 prize doesn't mean anything if it doesn't help you with a prize or something else. 5 or 6 prizes 3 exs are 3 exs if that 7 prize doesn't do anything.

Scoop Up Cyclone?

Muddy68 said:
^ But who would actually kill the Egg if they could avoid it?
Avoiding the egg is now harder with the catcher nerf. To play around the egg you must either red signal (Only in Genesect) or catcher (Isn't going to be seen often and they would need to flip heads).
Baby_BI said:
That 7 prize doesn't mean anything if it doesn't help you with a prize or something else. 5 or 6 prizes 3 exs are 3 exs if that 7 prize doesn't do anything.
It buys you time... Your opponent had to waste a turn attacking for a prize that doesn't even matter. That allows you to get ahead in the prize trade. It also gives you more time to setup.

camoclone said:
Avoiding the egg is now harder with the catcher nerf. To play around the egg you must either red signal (Only in Genesect) or catcher (Isn't going to be seen often and they wlip heads).

There's Escape Rope. Also I think the key word was if.

Baby_BI said:

Exactly that seventh prize doesn't mean anything. So if you can force your opponent to take it, you've wasted some of his time.

Getting back on topic though, I feel like Blastoise has better options for an Ace Spec. It can pull off something similar with Max Potion and Superior Energy Retreival. I think Blastoise should run either Dowsing Machine or Computer Search and if there's a lot of Garbodor, then probably Dowsing Machine to get back Tool Scrapper. The thing with Ace Specs is that they are all good cards, but the opportunity cost of playing something like Master Ball is that now you can't play Scramble Switch or whatever.

I've been using this card in a deck that uses Tornadus EX DEX, Bouffalant DRX, Garbodor, Scizor BCR, and Mewtwo EX. It works like a charm for getting rid of Special conditions and damage, moving a Tool and Energy, and also works as a Switch when necessary. I definitely wouldn't recommend it in all decks, but it's worth a try if your deck:
>Uses various types of tools and lacks a way to move them
>Likes Scramble Switch
>Would like a way to completely heal Pokemon but can't use Max Potion
>Has energy acceleration from the hand or doesn't need any energy accel
>Currently doesn't have any other Ace Spec to run
>Has problems with Special Conditions and can't use Keldeo EX or Virizion EX
>Plays EXs with low HP
>Wants to have the classiest way to scoop

It's up to the player to determine what works best for the deck and there are likely some justifications for running it that I don't have listed, but those are some basic guidelines from what I've tested. If your deck requires some other Ace Spec to function, I wouldn't bother with Cyclone, as it's very situational.

It's pretty hard to go with Scoop Up Cyclone when Computer Search and Dowsing Machine are far more consistent Ace Specs. I actually thought that Blastoise was the best candidate for this card because of how you can take a hit from Darkrai or Landorus-EX, scoop it up, re-attach errthang, then Rush In with a fresh Keldeo. But...you need a T2 Blastoise, so Computer Search is gonna be the card you'll want early on instead of Scoop Up Cyclone.

So...yeah. It's just too situational in my opinion, but if you're going with a rogue-fo-sho deck that's full of surprises, then why not? You only live once.

Back