Scizor ex from “Wild Force” and “Cyber Judge”

I would really like for Scyther to get some love, instead of being relegated to a bad Basic for Scizor all the time.
I've always felt Scizor should've been a rival to Scyther like Heracross is to Pinsir rather than an evolution. Imagine how much more love Scyther would've received over the years if that was the case.

Yup and really only 1 is good so far, there is 2 that see some play but 1 stands out
It's not that only one is good, but rather that one is so good that it makes all of the others pointless. If these were Prism Stars instead of Ace Specs it would be a very different conversation.

Yup. 240 is respectable, but it falls just short of that magic number. Two-shotting Stage 2s is as intended, but you'd want to OHKO Stage 1s.

That could actually be good tool even for Scizor ex. 290 enough to ko stage 1 exs. without that can’t ohko opposing Scizor ex in mirror match or Gholdengo ex

So a Mildly tankier Gholdengo with a damage cap. I dont hate this but also I feel like if this is ever good, Gholdengo is likely gonna be 1uping it in whatever metagame it shows up in. I think the card is really cool, but not really seeing it being outstanding, especially with it only doing 120 per

I kinda wish they'd make attacks like steel wing linger for longer than just the opponent's next turn, so you could use the attack and then your opponent would have to deal with that until it gets switched to the bench

So a Mildly tankier Gholdengo with a damage cap. I dont hate this but also I feel like if this is ever good, Gholdengo is likely gonna be 1uping it in whatever metagame it shows up in. I think the card is really cool, but not really seeing it being outstanding, especially with it only doing 120 per
It can do 360 if needed tho

Anyone else kind of tired of seeing so many “x damage per energy discarded” attacks? There’s gotta be some other creative types of attacks out there to mix things up.

Honestly, scizor is really bad. It's not so 'bad' on paper, but in a format like now, a card gonna be broken to be considered playing. Scizor ex seems to be a card no one will put in their deck. 240 is too low for this format. I would prefer it to have 3 steel to attack and be able to hit 360. It's a typical move from TPC to chop off more tree in amazon to print some trash. The mere reason this card can be viable is that there is a good small scizor out there. But finally people will get rid of it to play better deck like gholdengo, charzard, or roaring moon. I really like scizor, that's why I'm disappointed to this card.

Back