Sceptile from XY5, New Card Design [11/9]

Reggie McGigas said:
I honestly don't think this is a new mechanic, just the new "Secret Rare" card that is replacing the golden stage 2's we got in Boundaries Crossed-Plasma Blast

Actually, I don't think it's a Secret rare or Ultra Rare, just a regular rare. It's kind of hard to see because of the blur, but if you look at the bottom right of the card, it's pretty clearly just one letter, very likely an uppercase R. Compare this to the UR two letter rarity marker on a UR card from Phantom Gate, or even a an FA SR card where the set numbers and rarity symbol are outlined in white the same way for an easier comparison. For reference here is a direct link to the Sceptile. Of course, we'll have to wait and see for sure.

Athena said:
Reggie McGigas said:
I honestly don't think this is a new mechanic, just the new "Secret Rare" card that is replacing the golden stage 2's we got in Boundaries Crossed-Plasma Blast

Actually, I don't think it's a Secret rare or Ultra Rare, just a regular rare. It's kind of hard to see because of the blur, but if you look at the bottom right of the card, it's pretty clearly just one letter, very likely an uppercase R. Compare this to the UR two letter rarity marker on a UR card from Phantom Gate, or even a an FA SR card where the set numbers and rarity symbol are outlined in white the same way for an easier comparison. For reference here is a direct link to the Sceptile. Of course, we'll have to wait and see for sure.

I agree. While I have no idea what the ability will do, a while back, we heard that a new mechanic was coming out for Pokemon like Torchic. Here:

Also releasing alongside the set on December 13th for 1,000 yen is Japan's version of our upcoming Mega Metagross Collection, featuring holo promos of Metagross-EX, M Metagross-EX, Torchic, and three packs of each set. The product description labels Torchic as a "New Logic Card," which appears to be some sort of new mechanic - we're not quite sure what it means or how the Torchic will be different than usual.

So, is this new Logic Card mechanic somehow linked to the new FA Sceptile and/or Ancient Traits? Hopefully, it is a capability that some evolved Pokemon share that allow them to evolve during the first turn OR when it is played. Anything goes, honestly, as long as we can find some way to balance the metagame.

As for the artwork, I don't like it. I didn't like the 5Ban cards very much in XY, Flashfire, and Furious Fists, but I really did like every 5Ban card from Phantom Forces, especially that awesome Hydreigon. That being said, though, this Sceptile just feels a bit tacky. I can't really put my finger on it. It just doesn't rub off on me in a good way.

I think the card looks awsome, and this makes me even more hyped for the set (which I already were cause I love Groudon and Kyogre). I just hope they don't ruin it by giving it yellow borders in the english release ;__;

The only thing I can say bad about this card is the ugly green below the art. But what are we going to call these types of cards? Semi-full-art?

Back