Saturday, The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GODZILLA

Team Twilight 4eva \m/
RE:  Saturday, The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon

CloudLink said:
To be blunt... these voices SUCK!

I didn't think we could actually get worst voices for Ash, but they did it...

I HATE every single voice they use... well, Jesse's is good, but it doesn't fit in with all the crappy voice actors...

Ash just... just plain sucks, ya know?
"Misty, Misty, where are ya?" ...proper English please, thanks for educating the kids of America >_<;

Ya know what... they all sound fake!

Meowth doesn't have the old touch of the old Meowth...

GAH!

Thanks for ruining the English Anime completely... as if it wasn't bad enough already, now it's utter crap!

I hope those actors aren't getting paid too much... $5 per episode would be pushing it...

I feel like I'm watching a group of strange adults trying to be kids again are trying to act out Pokemon... and utterly failing...

Gah.... words just cannot express my disappointment...

I'm out of here...

Peace...
I agree 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% PERCENT!!! The Va's sound so bad!! I have nothing against them, but for the sake of the Pokemon show, give us the old Voice Actor's back!!!!!

ArrEmmDee

Aspiring Trainer
CloudLink said:

"Misty, Misty, where are ya?" ...proper English please, thanks for educating the kids of America >_<;

"We could actually get worst voices for Ash?" thanks for educating the kids of America. :p

"LOL! The Mirage Master actually DIED! That's a first for Pokemon."

I don't think it was so much a death as it was a very obvious open opportunity for a sequel.

masterryanx

N
I still keep thinking this is a bad dream and I'm going to wake up from it soon...

Ya, know Mastermind sounded like a bad Fan Dub if you think about it... >< And what's with that opening song?? Didn't care for that much either...

CloudLink

Aspiring Trainer
RE:   Saturday, The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon

ArrEmmDee said:
CloudLink said:

"We could actually get worst voices for Ash?" thanks for educating the kids of America. :p

"LOL! The Mirage Master actually DIED! That's a first for Pokemon."

I don't think it was so much a death as it was a very obvious open opportunity for a sequel.

Lol, nice, you got me there... but it's not like the kids of America ritualisticly read what I post :p

I've got nothing else to say that's on topic ^_^

Peace...

GODZILLA

Team Twilight 4eva \m/
Wow! Mew was cute:D Meeeeeew MEEEEww!

A mirage Tyranitar..now that would be nasty;) I think I saw him as one of the heads on Mewtwo. If I did then...Uch! as a head?? But, YES! Tyranitar was sort of in the Anime again!!!

GODZILLA

Team Twilight 4eva \m/

pokehin23 said:
it was cool when mew came back and why did Dr.Young said"there's is much work to be done"?
Because he knows there were many flaws in the Mirage system and he needs to fix them so he can return and be more powerful.

Oh yeah. Does anybody know the wereabouts of the real Mewtwo and Mew right now?

InuMimi

Psychic Pokemon Master
the idea for the episode it's self was not bad at all. it was creative. plus there was a way to see legendary pokemon again. but the voice acters... @_@ omg...no way...mew sounded like a pikachu, mewtwo didn't talk. he just growled, may and misty sounded 18 not 14 years old, brock...i like his old one better it suited him more, and ash, don't get me started on him...he sounds...well you know god awful...but other the the voice acters, it was a good ep.

bass_forte

ANet FTW.
Man. After the Ash voice we had, this is just weird... doesn't suit.. but then again, I would be used to it, so yeah. May sounds odd... Max I actually like better, but Brock is just.. wrong.

PikaChika said:
WELL I LIKE TYPING IN CAPS SO I CAN SEE THEM. SORRY IF SOUND LIKE SCREAMING. IT WAS BAD I WANTED TO RUNAWAY OR CHANGE THE CHANNEL.

I don't care if you like it. It's still the equivalent to screaming online, so don't. Now to run all your posts through Word and de-cap them...

xxashxx

&quot;Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon&quot;
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Wow what a change in actors so far it sucks but I can stand it. I havn't seen the 10th anniversary episodes yet because I don't have the WB anymore and because the park does not have cable and the WB does not come in either so I am suck with watching them here until I can watch them again.:)

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
my conclusions:
1) the voice actors are (using proper English for educating the kids of America:D) bad (I was planning on saying something worse)
2) there isn't a mew alive without a soul, one mistake the MM overlooked :D

Oddish196

Aspiring Trainer
I can understand how the younger views won't mind cause after a while i was getting used to it. But if i was me, get rid of ash, brock and james's voice or just get rid of team rocket.

I'm not impressed but there is nothing we can do

Good story line though.

GODZILLA

Team Twilight 4eva \m/
I feel like I don't know Pokemon anymore. AAAAAAAAHHHH!! I keep hering JAMES'S VOOOOIIICE!!!!

When I hear i, it's like I''m not looking at ASH o the original Pokemon group. They HA..no not have to, NEEEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!

masterryanx

N

GODZILLA said:
I feel like I don't know Pokemon anymore. AAAAAAAAHHHH!! I keep hering JAMES'S VOOOOIIICE!!!!

When I hear i, it's like I''m not looking at ASH o the original Pokemon group. They HA..no not have to, NEEEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!

I still hear the voices in my head and every time I do I flinch...

BTW Wikipedia's Mastermind page has the actors names on it...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mastermind_of_Mirage_Pokémon

I was suprised that Sean Schemmel was the Mastermind and Dr. Yung, he's one of my favorite actors (Goku on DBZ for those who don't know)

masterryanx

N
Sorry to double post but I think this SPPf thread needs some attention.

Not only have Maddie Blaustine (Old Meowth) and the New voice of Brock posted in it, but there's quite a bit of interesting discussion...

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=116598

Plus someone posted an email from Rachel Lillis and she didn't sound to happy...

The celebrity (well I guess you could call them that) posts start around page 36 or so.

Nercinator

A Pokemon Collector
While I agree that the voice actors weren't good, I think that we are judging them too quickly. I'll agree that some of the voice actors (Brock and James in particular) were trying way too hard to imitate the previous voices and that Ash and May sounded way too old, but I'm going to give them a month or so to see how they adjust into these roles. Maybe, if given some time, they'll do better. If not, then I'll agree that Pokemon needs new, new voiceactors (or the old ones back).

FallenPhantom

Pokémon Ranger
I am going to start with the actual plot. It was a decent plot, just right for a tenth anniversary. I really grew to hate Prof. Yung because of his impassionate care towards Pokémon. And if they where trying to make me hate his guts, they did an awesome job. The Mastermind unlike most villains I know was actually smart. The system was interesting and the background music I think was amazing. I mean, when Mew sacrificed itself, the music bought to the impact of the scene.

Everybody seems to be focusing on the voice actors so here is my two and a half cents:
Ash: I can’t even describe how wrong his voice was.
May: Sounded like a middle-aged woman
Max: I could honestly not see much change in Max’s voice and sounds perfect for him.
Brock: His voice like many others have stated is raspy.
Misty: I can stand her voice because it sounds like the old one.
Prof. Oak: I saw change in it, but not enough for me to go on about it like I could with May’s voice.
Jessie, James and Meowth: Jessie voice changed for the better, James needs to be more feminine with his voice and while Meowth has not changed much, he does not have the charm of the old Meowth,
Jenny and Joy: They are background characters so I could not honestly care less about their voices. But if I had to say something about their voices, they were decent.

After reading the post by NewBrock on Serebii (if it is really him), I am willing to give these guys a chance. They are trying as hard as they possibly can to do the voices of the characters as well as they can and I am sure they are willing to improve. Although, I do hope May’s voice actor in particular changes her voice. But this is a transitional period. It is almost to be expected that some people will find the new voice actors to be terrible, but I just know they will eventually grow on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.