Saddest Pokémon Episode/Movie Moment

RE: Saddest Pokemon Movie Moment.

Elite Stride said:
Mewtwo Strikes Back: When Pikachu's clone repeatedly slaps it, and when Ash turns to stone. (last few scenes)
Pokémon 4ever: The scene where Celebi dies.
Pokémon 2000: When Lugia fails, the world is lost and you are left to wonder why bad things happen to good people. lol
Lucario and Mystery of Mew: When Ash and friends are taken away by the "antibodies" they release their Pokémon, and the Pokémon just start crying. And when Sir Aaron dies.
Rise of Darkrai: When Darkrai dies.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Pure saddness right here.

Also not sure if this one counts but the movie about Mewtwo's origins (something like untold story of mewtwo's origin), that stuff really hurt. Felt like my heart was smashed with an freaking hammer :(

RE: Saddest Pokemon Movie Moment

When Darkrai dies it used to be Ash almost dying but I don't care about him anymore.

Has everyone forgotten Pokémon 4ever when Celebi died and the other Celebi from the past and future bring it back to life?
T_T ...g-gets me everytime.

Oh, and...
In Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, Sir Aaron and Lucario dying and Ash being eaten by the "antibodies" and Pikachu and the other Pokémon bawling their eyes out.
Manaphy leaving May in Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea.
Of course, I can't forget the First Movie when Ash was turned to stone and all the other Pokémon's tears brought him to life. Classic tearjerker moment.

RE: Saddest Pokémon Episode Moment

The recent episode with Butterfree made me feel nostalgic and sad. I don't like it when Pokémon are released and never return to the anime! When Ash cried I cried a little bit with him. :(

As mentioned in the other thread, the Pokémon dying in the movies (Latios, Lucario) also made me feel really sad.

In the Pokémon Special with Mirage Pokémon it hurt to see Mew disappear, even if it was just a mirage!

I couldn't care less when people die in movies. When animals die (AKA Eight Below, Marley and Me), I am not ashamed to say I fight back some tears. When POKEMON die... I am however ashamed to say I have not always succeeded in fighting back those tears hahaha.

That being said, Ash risking his life just to stop the battle between Mew and Mewtwo was rather heart-wrenching. Not quite as much as Latios sacrificing himself for the security of everyone else. Knowing that his sister has to live on without him and alone... just no :(

My heart is with you, Latias.

RE: Saddest Pokémon Anime Moment

Still back to the first movie, Pikachu shocking Ash over and over in an attempt to revive him. The entire first season was built on the relationship between Ash and Pikachu, and having a cute little electric mouse thinking his best bud was gone forever was a very sad moment indeed.

Nope sorry nightkeeper it's still going to be when Ash tried to ditch Pikachu. (for some reason as a kid I didn't really care Ash almost died but that scene on i think it was bye bye pikachu got me everytime)

nightkeeper said:
Still back to the first movie, Pikachu shocking Ash over and over in an attempt to revive him. The entire first season was built on the relationship between Ash and Pikachu, and having a cute little electric mouse thinking his best bud was gone forever was a very sad moment indeed.

I literally have to fight back tears whenever I see this. This is without a doubt the absolute saddest moments in Pokémon history in general, period, exclamation point, question mark, done.
That poor Pikachu... *sniffle*

Now if we're talking about just the show, I'd say the Butterfree episode. I usually don't get emotional with cartoons (especially Pokémon) but that really jerked me.

zappy800 said:
Nope sorry nightkeeper it's still going to be when Ash tried to ditch Pikachu. (for some reason as a kid I didn't really care Ash almost died but that scene on i think it was bye bye pikachu got me everytime)

Hahaha I agree this is the saddest episode. Ash just thinks that he is doing what is best for Pikachu, while he leaves Pikachu sad and confused.

However, when I say Ash's near-death experience is sad, it isn't because I thought he was dead. It was because Pikachu did. His best bud in the whole wide world just jumped between two intense balls of glowing energy just to stop the fighting between pokemon. Pikachu thought he sacrificed himself for the good of all pokemon. And let's not pretend Pikachu isn't smart enough to understand those complex emotions, cause he is, and IT MUST HAVE DESTROYED the little guy!

15 years later and I can still barely manage this stress.

Momaster12 said:
nightkeeper said:

I literally have to fight back tears whenever I see this. This is without a doubt the absolute saddest moments in Pokémon history in general, period, exclamation point, question mark, done.
That poor Pikachu... *sniffle*

Agreed. To the max. No pure-hearted Pikachu should ever have to cope with that trauma!

nightkeeper said:
zappy800 said:

Hahaha I agree this is the saddest episode. Ash just thinks that he is doing what is best for Pikachu, while he leaves Pikachu sad and confused.

However, when I say Ash's near-death experience is sad, it isn't because I thought he was dead. It was because Pikachu did. His best bud in the whole wide world just jumped between two intense balls of glowing energy just to stop the fighting between pokemon. Pikachu thought he sacrificed himself for the good of all pokemon. And let's not pretend Pikachu isn't smart enough to understand those complex emotions, cause he is, and IT MUST HAVE DESTROYED the little guy!

15 years later and I can still barely manage this stress.
Oh then yeah pretty sad especially since he would have to deal with Charizard and Squirtle who had been abandoned earlier on.

Just a reminder to all that this is the thread for sad EPISODE moments. You can find the saddest movie moments here. Ty!

Bye Bye Butterfree. I cried during that episode, and I hardly ever cry because of TV shows and movies.

RE: Saddest Pokémon Anime Episode Moment

Has to be the Butterfree moment :( Bye Bye Butterfree, Hope to see you again in the future

One of the most recent saddest moment, was episode 2 of Pokémon Origins!
When the baby Cubone is hugging its dead mother Marowak.
I teared up...

When Ash turned to stone and Pikachu was crying in Mewtwo Strikes Back of course... and I think this was an anime episode too, I had this book called Bye Bye Butterfry and Ash released his Butterfree into the wild... so sad as a 5 year old. ;_;

Edit: Also when Ash almost abandoned Pikachu because he thought Pikachu would be better with his own kind. I can't remember the episode name but it was recently on Pokemon TV.

Back