Sablelock Tech

HounDOOMed

Darkness Dealer
I want to add a 1-1 line of a non-SP pokemon to my sablelock deck to counter machamp and mewtwo lv x. my options are: 1-1 Honchkrow SV: can do lots of damage but takes away from my already low energy count; and 1-1 Houndoom LA: it has a low energy attack that can deal up to 60 for {C} which gives me OHKO against Dialga G because this Houndoom is {R}. Let me know what you think? which tech is better? (p.s. i also considered 1-1 Weavile UD because of its disruption, but it is weak to fighting and easily taken out by donphan or machamp.)

I would use Honchkrow. It has the best attack and can hit for TONS of damage because of all the basics in the deck, plus if you are play Gyarados/Jumpluff it's PokePower con bring back Hoppips/Magikarps which you can snipe with Honchkrow G/Crobat Gs + PokeTurns. The weakness to {L} is bad, but you should never be using it vs. Luxchomp, so i doesn't really matter. It's {F} resistance is amazing vs. Donphan, as the can't even 2HKO you with Earthquake or OHKO you with Heavy Impact. Plus it is able to utilize DCE and Special Dark Energy. I think this is the best one, as it can hit for a ton of damage and is a great tech in partial SP decks like Sablelock.

Hope I helped!
~A+G

thanks i think im going to add honchkrow. especially since i realized that houndoom cant OHKO dialga G lv x because its pokebody will be shutoff

Honchkrow has a sick damage output now Claydol is out of format and everyone uses Uxie. You have to add at least one Bebe's, and a few communications are also nice, but it is definitely worth the space. Its power is useful too.

Back